Be Mar Hostel Reviews

Carrer Sant Pau, nr. 80, Barcelona, Spain

2037 Total Reviews

Friendly and helpful receptionist guy with perfect English, clean and safe environment, good location... I had a nice stay overall. Would recommend the hostel for anyone visiting Barcelona.

One of the toilets were not clean.

The hostel is well located and has all the basic facilities. The rooms are reasonably priced. Peter was great at reception but some of the other staff seemed like they didn't want to be there. One of the bathrooms smelt awful but the showers were pretty clean. The atmosphere wasn't that great, it felt like everyone was doing there own thing, not really interested in meeting each other. I also booked a 8 bed mixed dorm but found I was the only female in it. Maybe try to keep the rooms more mixed.

Really nice hostel, the staff was super nice and did their best to help! Good and safe lockers. Central location close to everything :) In general an awesome stay!! Will be back.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Be mar hostel is a nice place to go, really cheap, clean, and convinient ! I recommend it !

• 18th Jun 2015

Super friendly and helpful staff Comfortable beds Easy to meet people in huge common area Clean bathrooms and nice and hot shower

Kitchen has everything that someone would need to make anything even though it can become a little tight. The wifi doesn't really work in the back corner room and there aren't plugins for everyone, but there are free self locked lockers and it was near the city center. Also the facilities are all extremely clean!!

It is a very unsafe place. An English girl told me that an iPad was stolen from the locker. People that clean the rooms have a card to open all the lockers. No cameras in the rooms or in the general classroom. The front desk people are friendly but they don´t care about the security issue. The only objects of some value that i left in the locker were stolen: an ukulele and a mac notebook charger . If you are going to be there, I recommend you: not leave anything of value in the lockers.”

The matress is not good... Someone stole my towel :(

Terrible security!! DO NOT STAY HERE. My locker was broken into, a tablet and a phone was stolen, also other people had things stolen like clothes and towels. The staff were unhelpful and unsympathetic. The security cameras don't even show each room, so there's no way of knowing who comes in and out. People smoked weed all day in the rooms while I was out sightseeing! Good location but very poor security. Which really ruined the end of my trip. Open your eyes staff, changes need to be made!!

Friendly staff and great location. The lockers are big and safe. I'll definitely rebook here again!

Good hostel friendly staffs

Overall good hostel Good: The staff and the location was top. 3min to La Rambla and 15 to the beach Bad: The water tastes like a swimmingpool and you might want to hold on to your wallet outside of the hostel in the evening

• 2nd Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Staff wasn't to helpful, area the hostel is located is full of thieves and hookers. Won't stay again.

I spent one night in the big room in Be hostel some showers weren't working and they should be fix under opinion.The best of Be hostel was Peter that solve problem that I forgot in my luggage.Peter inmediately solved me the problem politely and he was very patient with me.There wasn't breakfast in Be hostel I thought that it could be a disadvantage but there are several coffeshoops where I got my breakfast for resanoble prize around Be hostel. I 'd recommend Be hostel.

this hostel sucks. the kitchen is a joke, there wasn't even a kettle. the rooms are too small for the amount of beds and the 16 bed dorm had one set of power points

Nice stay good location. Bathrooms are HOT so go into the hall and do your makeup in on of those mirrors. I'd re book here.

A bit of modernisation of the facilities could help to make youth more satisfied. It is a bit ruined by US - by the guests - and I think it worth investing a little money in the refurbishment. The beds are dirty and the lockers are not so safe, but the atmosphere and the kindness of the staff compensate for everything. And not to speak about the location itself. I just only say a BIG thank you for the possibility to be hosted and also for the helpful and friendly staff.

• 10th May 2015
  • Hungary

Be Mar is seated right off La Rambla and 10 mins from the beach, which is perfect! The staff is very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend it, particularly for budget travellers.

Advantages: location of the hostel which is absolutely perfect, price Disadventages: Hostel is extremely dirty, especially when it comes to bathrooms. Kitchen is not equipped at all (no cups, cutlery etc...), contrary to what is said on the website. Staff is rude and not interested at all to help guests, and they seem rather annoyed while a guest makes them stop watch their tv shows. They got annoyed by people not speaking perfect english and they call some customers "difficult"

• 27th Feb 2015