Be Mar Hostel Reviews

Carrer Sant Pau, nr. 80, Barcelona, Spain

1963 Total Reviews

We had a good time. Coffee was good. I didn't care for the rest of breakfast but they do have a kitchen and I recommend you use it. Staff great, facilities were fine, security great. 24 hour staff is always a plus. Beds were fine. We were in a 6 person room. There was plenty of room and huge lockers. Card pass on the rooms and lockers so no need to bring your own lock.

It is really good hostel. You have a card Locker. The wifi signal in the room is not so good. There is laundry room, and the price is reasonable. It is near to the metro. Everything is fine.

The Be Mar is a relaxed placr to stay near La Rambla and multiple metro station! The facitilies were clean enougj apart from the kitchen which is small and cramped with no room in the 1 fridge! The staff are super helpful and there is alsp hostel run activities!

This hostel was really good to stay at. They had a communal kitchen, a big common room with huge tables so at a night everyone could sit and drink together and you could easily make friends. There were plenty of showers and toilets even though they were communal so you never had to wait around to use them. It was also just off the Main Street so it was quite yet close enough to walk there. The staff were friendly and had a good knowledge of Barcelona. Would definitely stay again.

The hostel was such a great choice! There was lockers in the rooms to keep your things safe. Plenty of young people to go out with, as well as tours with the hostel. The small breakfast was perfect, just so we didn't have to spend anymore money. And the staff was so helpful with any quesions or accommodations we needed. I would definitely suggest this to friends.

Showers weren't good - no hot water, and many of the shower heads broken. Kitchen wasn't fully equipped. And wasn't very impressed that male walking tour guides were somehow allowed to walk into the female shower room to try persuade everyone to go on a bar crawl tour - made things very uncomfortable while you were showering as no locks on doors!

Location was ok. Prostitutes if that is your thing 45sec away. Getting to hostel no problem it take train. Walking distance to everything and beach. Not much food/dining close but 8min walk to get to main street. In room bathrooms were terrible. Shower flooded whole room. In room locker were great size and room key activated. Breakfast was ok, nothing worth mentioning. Common room gets dirty real quick at night with all the empty liquor bottles. In room showers need makeover.

Every bed had a lamp and a plug. They keycard was also the key for the locker (don't have to bring or rent a lock). Kitchen was tiny but had everything you need

My locker was full of rubbish on arrival. I loved that we had a little private outdoor area, even if we weren't supposed to use it. We kept it closed most of the time due to the supposed air conditioning, but never had problems? Maybe remove the sign? Love that there were multiple activities every single day!

Pretty good hostel in a really good location just heaps of kids when I was there which sucked btw I'm 21 talking like 50, 16 year old English kids but the hostel can't help that would book again

We had a great time. The Hostel staff were really friendly and helpful, the location was perfect, and the apartment was much better than we'd hoped!

• 11th Jul 2014

Great hostel, friendly and social travelers, cute receptionists. I only stayed a day here because I had another hostel booked but I'd definitely recommend it!

The hostel was overbooked when I got there so I got upgraded to my own room which was great! The place was full of school kids, so the vibe was not the greatest. The common areas could be quite social if there were more travelers staying there and it is close to the center of town.

Very happy with the location of the hostel. Service was okay, but the stuff seems always busy when we asked for help. We had a apartment located just a bit futher down from the hostel. The rooms was cleean and nice but a bit noisy.

Good location close to the beach and Los Ramblas. The common room is large and good for meeting others. The rooms are very cramped and hard to navigate when you are dealing with packing and unpacking. The kitchen was very small, cramped, and dirty. Hard to make food if anyone else was in there. The fridge was always at capacity. Overall it was a fine place to stay.

All the staff were very friendly & helpful. They told us where to find the best eats & what events were on each night. Nadine was amazing! She is honestly the best receptionist/concierge i have ever met!! She is a huge asset to the company! The beds were very comfy & the girls bathrooms had powerpoints and a big mirror which was great. However the showers would be better if the showerheads were tightened. It was great to have a kitchen, tho even better if it had a functioning microwave & oven.

All staff were very nice, In particular, Carson made a lot of effort during my stay, making sure people were enjoying themselves, that they felt safe and also he knew the local area very well.

• 16th Jun 2014

BeMar was one of the best hostels I've been to so far. Everything you would probably need during your stay was provided or arranged for. The staff was very friendly, helpful and I think the best part was the tours that the hostel organizes. We went for the pub crawl & the tapas and rhumba night suggested by them and had a brilliant time! Wish we had more time to try out the other tours though! I would definitely recommend this place to anyone planning a trip to Barcelona !

This is a very busy hostel so be prepared for lots of people coming and going. The security is excellent though so we felt totally safe the whole time and secure leaving our stuff. The staff was friendly and very helpful.

Be Mar is in a great location to everything. I was on a 2-month Euro trip and found the hostel had everything for the basics. It is rather big and crowded so the cleanliness is less maintained compared to other hostels I stayed at. Since there are a lot of travelers, sleeping can be rather hard given the nightlife and everyone has a different schedule so bring ear plugs. The staff was cool and helpful.