Be Mar Hostel Reviews

Carrer Sant Pau, nr. 80, Barcelona, Spain

1989 Total Reviews

Great staff and great location! The room is not cleaned every day and the shower has a limited amount of hot water, so after a shower you have to wait before get more hot water.

Really dirty room and bathrooms. I'm pretty sure my sheets had been slept on and not cleaned! They stuck us in a 10 bed room when we paid for an 8 bed room. There was only one outlet (which is quite strange). Secure lockers, laundry room, place to cook, in a great location and quite cheap but if you're looking for a good night's sleep this isn't the hostel for you!

This hostel is very good. The beds are comfortable, the staff is great and the atmosphere is even better. Very close to the metro station, to the gothic district and the beach. Overall a great place to stay and meet people, traveling alone or in a group. The lockers they offer are huge, and very safe. My only complaint would be the shower. I was there during the winter and sometimes (happened twice in a week) the shower simply didn't have hot water. Anyways, it's a good place to stay overall

It's not a bad one, but a little dirty and bad mattresses.

My coat and iphone charger were stolen in the hostel. I just put them on my bed before going out in the early morning and after 3 hours later when we went back they were gone. Be awareness of your roommates. And the whole room is tooooooo humid, even if the paper bags were wet themselves. We have to log in to the facebook and share this hostel everytime which is quite annoying.

A very central hostel, spotlessly clean in a very vibrant part of the city with a very helpful receptioness who told me that she was named after a local mountain! The free breakfast had been discontinued but I was given a voucher for a cafe next door which was excellent and a good gesture.

Excellent location.Very helpful,friendly staff. spacious kitchen and the common room.Wish beds in the dorm are more widely spaced. The lockers can be rearranged for easy to use.The heating in the room is needed as it gets very cold in the night.

Stayed in 6 bed dorm. Very good location, only 5/10 mins walk from Las Ramblas. Staff very helpful and friendly. Good security lockers in the room with key access cards. Would recommend as good value location at a central base.

Very central location, just a few minutes from the Ramblas and the old part of Barcelona. Many convenient stores nearby to buy food. Free simple breakfast that does the trick. Helpful staff. Secure lockers. Cool decorations and clean. Definitely a nice stay!

• 31st Oct 2014

시설도 깨끗하고 조용했습니다. 람브라스 거리와도 가까워서 드나들기 수월했고 직원들도 친절하였습니다. 보편적으로 가격대비 좋았습니다.

It os a great hostel. The location is less than five minutes to Las Ramblas e Paral-el metro Station. The staff are very kind and helpful. Its very clean And safe.

The hostel seemed to be very good located and the personal was very polite and helpful they helped me about the documents for my flight that was very important

I ended up staying in 6 different hostels in Barcelona, and I think this was my least favorite. It's a fine hostel, don't get me wrong, but there are so many amazing places in Barca to stay for your money (i.e. Sant Jordi Alberg or Hostel One). It looks a little hospital-esque on the inside, a bit smelly, and I don't like the community lounge much for meeting people. Also never a fan of the 15-euro gimmicky pub crawls. Really great walking tours, though.

The location is perfect for accessibility to the heart of the city and transportation. Having a no curfew with the hostel is really helpful, whether it's due to enjoying the night life or arriving/leaving the hostel. Be Mar Hostel employees were polite and helpful.

• 16th Oct 2014

Friendly staff, nice kitchen, great location. Close to grocery, park and most major attractions. Wifi didn't work in our apartment which wasn't awesome but that was really the only negative.

• 12th Oct 2014

Nice place for young students to go in groups, it's a hostel so don't expect a 3 star hotel.. Good place for short stay, loved the diversity of its residents. Good value for money ! 30 minute walk from the beach and 5 to las ramblas

• 19th Sep 2014

This hostel was fantastic and one of the best I have stayed in. Great lockers, a laundry, nice and safe, clean and super friendly staff.

We had a good time. Coffee was good. I didn't care for the rest of breakfast but they do have a kitchen and I recommend you use it. Staff great, facilities were fine, security great. 24 hour staff is always a plus. Beds were fine. We were in a 6 person room. There was plenty of room and huge lockers. Card pass on the rooms and lockers so no need to bring your own lock.

It is really good hostel. You have a card Locker. The wifi signal in the room is not so good. There is laundry room, and the price is reasonable. It is near to the metro. Everything is fine.

The Be Mar is a relaxed placr to stay near La Rambla and multiple metro station! The facitilies were clean enougj apart from the kitchen which is small and cramped with no room in the 1 fridge! The staff are super helpful and there is alsp hostel run activities!