Be Mar Hostel Reviews

Carrer Sant Pau, nr. 80, Barcelona, Spain

This hostel is very unsafe area. The lock of the door to the private room was broken and it felt unsafe. The wifi doesn't work very well in the private rooms or main areas. The kitchen is very dirty and lock to storage was broken too. The atmosphere is very hostile

• 2nd Oct 2015

Everything was Ok apart from the security. When I first arrived I charged my phone and went to the toilet. Upon returning 5 minutes later a room mate had disrespectfully used my charger without asking me. However the worst was when my Phone was actually stolen. My last night here I had my phone charging with me in my bed. I woke to find my phone missing. It was obvious that the person next to me had stole it. I was expecting a more heavy handed approach with the thief so I was left dissapointed.

atmosphere was totally hit or miss, the hostel was almost too big for its own good in that respect. I think that if they had a dedicated hang out spot then the atmosphere would be better, but heaps of people are there for school and not terribly talkative. lots of quiet older patrons as well. showers were hot and powerful, plenty of toilets, kitchen was mediocre and really could use some mugs, cups, and love. 4/5 staff were super nice, one was clueless, awesome lockers too.

A great place to stay for the value of the money. The Spanish girl working there is very helpful.

Really good hostel!

There was one spanish girl in the staff that seemed anoyed everytime we asked for things. The hostal si nice although is full of young groups celebrating things so there was not many options to met anyone. The guy from the free walking tour and the pub crawl was really not much of a host. Otherwise the hostal is quite nice, location awesome and the Italian girl at the reception a blessing.

A great hostel, one of the better ones that I have stayed in

good for price but lobby is not good enough to meet new people

Before you even arrive at the hostel you'll find yourself having to walk through the seediest streets in Barca - Im talking, prostitutes, drug dealers and the occasional hobo. Try not to arrive at night because it can be quite shady. The Hostel was about a 15 minute walk from La Ramblas main strip which gets annoying after a while. I would recommend maybe paying abit extra and being closer to the action. Although, if your looking for a cheap stay then its perfect for you.

The bathroom door was easily jammed so very noisy to push open again- I felt bad getting up to shower in the morning knowing I would wake people No hooks for clothes/ towels in bathroom

• 26th Aug 2015

This hostel made our stay in Barcelona unforgettable.

• 24th Aug 2015

Didn't enjoy our stay here. The double rooms (apartments) are in a building down the street so to use any of the main facilities was an effort. Our A/C leaked badly making the smell of mould really quite bad. Staff didn't seem to really care about anything. Not impressed

Good location, bathrooms a little dirty and we couldn't get the a.c. to turn down below 26 but generally the rooms were pretty good size and lots of cool people staying. People party a bit hard and bathrooms get a bit nasty before cleaning gets there.

Great location. Great staff. Great hostel. Rooms and kitchen weren't big but did the job. Common area was good. Lots of activities organised by the hostel. Great place to stay in Barcelona.

Hostel is good value for money, close to la rambla. Dorm with 16 beds is cramped however and bunks are a bit squeaky. Hostel could do with a revamp so it is less hospital-like! However it is cheap compared to other Barcelona hostels so can't really complain!

Great Hostel. Cute pictures on the walls drawn by other travelers! The kitchen was good but the common area too small. The showers were amazing though! Hot and great water pressure.

Great stay at this hostel. Good facilities. Dorm rooms are small but comfortable.

receptionists aren't friendly, took forever to check me in, 7% charge if you want to pay with card!, showers are clean but no hooks for your clothes, towel, etc., wifi was out for a whole day, some people in my room were really rude and loud and kept the light on while I was trying to sleep, as well as a group of kids running around screaming in the hallway, took forever to check out.

The staff at Be Mar are absolutely fantastic... They go out of their way to solve any problem you might have. There are really cool day and night activities planned everyday... And overall it's just a wonderful place to stay:) I met many people at Be Mar who shall be friends for life! Thank you Peter for your great hospitality... And let me know if you find that selfie stick:)

• 14th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

This Hostel is one of the best i've been so far. U get a very clean room with big free locker that works with the electronic card (really convenient)!! Right in the hearth of the city, near La Rambla and 25mins away from the beach!! Awsome staff that are truly helpful!! Ive enjoy my trip there for 9 days! Air conditionning in the rooms (barcelona is hot during summer so very nice)! I would reccommend to anyone that wants to have a good timee!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3