Be Mar Hostel Reviews

Carrer Sant Pau, nr. 80, Barcelona, Spain

The private one bed apartment was perfect! Literally everything was great. By that I mean the disgusting mandarin scented cleanser that was on everything including the blanket. Please it smells awful. Other than that perfect place and location and was and excellent deal. I highly recommend

• 31st Oct 2015

The staff is friendly, the place looks dirty when you enter it and it really is. The smell in the whole place is horrible, they don't clean the rooms properly. The hostel has a kitchen but its worst than the whole place. It's better pay more and get a better place.

This hostel is very unsafe area. The lock of the door to the private room was broken and it felt unsafe. The wifi doesn't work very well in the private rooms or main areas. The kitchen is very dirty and lock to storage was broken too. The atmosphere is very hostile

Exceptional value for the $, close to ramblas, montjuic etc with a decent kitchen and great atmosphere/staff save the bearded male receptionist waking me up in the middle of the night with a body shake mistaking me for another person in our dorm room! I didn't make a big deal of it since the previous night, he got punched in the eye after an incident with a drunk guest harassing girls in the lounge and threatening me with a bottle for standing up for them. All in all though I would stay again.

Chilled but not a party hostel! It's so cheap most of the people here have been here for a while in their search to find a house or job in Barcelona. There is a lot of older men here too as apposed to young groups. Everything was always clean- cleaners always seemed to be there, lockers secure, beds comfy- although squeaky, reception staff chilled and nice. Activities could be put on to make things more lively. Kitchen needs more mugs and cups. Overall it's a good clean relaxed place

Everything was Ok apart from the security. When I first arrived I charged my phone and went to the toilet. Upon returning 5 minutes later a room mate had disrespectfully used my charger without asking me. However the worst was when my Phone was actually stolen. My last night here I had my phone charging with me in my bed. I woke to find my phone missing. It was obvious that the person next to me had stole it. I was expecting a more heavy handed approach with the thief so I was left dissapointed.

atmosphere was totally hit or miss, the hostel was almost too big for its own good in that respect. I think that if they had a dedicated hang out spot then the atmosphere would be better, but heaps of people are there for school and not terribly talkative. lots of quiet older patrons as well. showers were hot and powerful, plenty of toilets, kitchen was mediocre and really could use some mugs, cups, and love. 4/5 staff were super nice, one was clueless, awesome lockers too.

A great place to stay for the value of the money. The Spanish girl working there is very helpful.

Really good hostel!

There was one spanish girl in the staff that seemed anoyed everytime we asked for things. The hostal si nice although is full of young groups celebrating things so there was not many options to met anyone. The guy from the free walking tour and the pub crawl was really not much of a host. Otherwise the hostal is quite nice, location awesome and the Italian girl at the reception a blessing.

A great hostel, one of the better ones that I have stayed in

good for price but lobby is not good enough to meet new people

Before you even arrive at the hostel you'll find yourself having to walk through the seediest streets in Barca - Im talking, prostitutes, drug dealers and the occasional hobo. Try not to arrive at night because it can be quite shady. The Hostel was about a 15 minute walk from La Ramblas main strip which gets annoying after a while. I would recommend maybe paying abit extra and being closer to the action. Although, if your looking for a cheap stay then its perfect for you.

The bathroom door was easily jammed so very noisy to push open again- I felt bad getting up to shower in the morning knowing I would wake people No hooks for clothes/ towels in bathroom

• 26th Aug 2015

This hostel made our stay in Barcelona unforgettable.

• 24th Aug 2015

Didn't enjoy our stay here. The double rooms (apartments) are in a building down the street so to use any of the main facilities was an effort. Our A/C leaked badly making the smell of mould really quite bad. Staff didn't seem to really care about anything. Not impressed

Good location, bathrooms a little dirty and we couldn't get the a.c. to turn down below 26 but generally the rooms were pretty good size and lots of cool people staying. People party a bit hard and bathrooms get a bit nasty before cleaning gets there.

Great location. Great staff. Great hostel. Rooms and kitchen weren't big but did the job. Common area was good. Lots of activities organised by the hostel. Great place to stay in Barcelona.

Hostel is good value for money, close to la rambla. Dorm with 16 beds is cramped however and bunks are a bit squeaky. Hostel could do with a revamp so it is less hospital-like! However it is cheap compared to other Barcelona hostels so can't really complain!

Great Hostel. Cute pictures on the walls drawn by other travelers! The kitchen was good but the common area too small. The showers were amazing though! Hot and great water pressure.

« first « Prev 1 2 3