Be Mar Hostel Reviews

Carrer Sant Pau, nr. 80, Barcelona, Spain

2076 Total Reviews

The bathroom door was easily jammed so very noisy to push open again- I felt bad getting up to shower in the morning knowing I would wake people No hooks for clothes/ towels in bathroom

• 26th Aug 2015

This hostel made our stay in Barcelona unforgettable.

• 24th Aug 2015

Didn't enjoy our stay here. The double rooms (apartments) are in a building down the street so to use any of the main facilities was an effort. Our A/C leaked badly making the smell of mould really quite bad. Staff didn't seem to really care about anything. Not impressed

Great location. Great staff. Great hostel. Rooms and kitchen weren't big but did the job. Common area was good. Lots of activities organised by the hostel. Great place to stay in Barcelona.

Great Hostel. Cute pictures on the walls drawn by other travelers! The kitchen was good but the common area too small. The showers were amazing though! Hot and great water pressure.

Great stay at this hostel. Good facilities. Dorm rooms are small but comfortable.

receptionists aren't friendly, took forever to check me in, 7% charge if you want to pay with card!, showers are clean but no hooks for your clothes, towel, etc., wifi was out for a whole day, some people in my room were really rude and loud and kept the light on while I was trying to sleep, as well as a group of kids running around screaming in the hallway, took forever to check out.

The staff at Be Mar are absolutely fantastic... They go out of their way to solve any problem you might have. There are really cool day and night activities planned everyday... And overall it's just a wonderful place to stay:) I met many people at Be Mar who shall be friends for life! Thank you Peter for your great hospitality... And let me know if you find that selfie stick:)

• 14th Jul 2015
  • South Africa

This Hostel is one of the best i've been so far. U get a very clean room with big free locker that works with the electronic card (really convenient)!! Right in the hearth of the city, near La Rambla and 25mins away from the beach!! Awsome staff that are truly helpful!! Ive enjoy my trip there for 9 days! Air conditionning in the rooms (barcelona is hot during summer so very nice)! I would reccommend to anyone that wants to have a good timee!!

negatives- I made a booking for 2 and they put us in separate rooms & was told by the staff that they could not change this. There was a school group of around 25 kids who took up entire common area- pretty weird vibe being surrounded by kids at a hostel. positive- big beds, showers great pressure, air con & kitchen. staff were not overly helpful to me but I did witness them several times going out of their way for others so I cannot fault them too much there I guess.

Is close to the main drag and closer than most hostels to the beach - but is a real dodgy area. Almost everyday was a report of something being stolen (my own phone included). Clean hostel. Absolutely no vibe throughout... Good for a place to sleep (unless you get the room with the broken aircon like I did)

At be Mar Hostel, the staff is awful! Not friendly. They blame the fact that the Internet doesn't work because I have an IPhone. The adress where the room is located is about 200 meters away from the website adrees( it's near the prostituon headquarter) TV doesn't work and the biggest surprise was no hot water. For the amount the charged me which is 86€ !!!! Find a better place.

• 9th Jul 2015

They over booked my stay so they asked me to walk to another hostel they owned (apparently a better hostel- which judging by the reception, I agree) it was an okay hostel, nothing too nice

Great location, felt very safe and secure. Large and clean showering facilities (though strangely hot in the bathrooms). The postings (flyers, website, pin board) were often not accurate though so always ask staff about times that things are running...for example there was no free breakfast even though the room 'rules' said their was :/ The best part though was the staff and the hostel events--they connect you with other hostels so it's a blast going to the tours, pub crawl, etc.

A nice hostel for young backpackers who are looking for adventure and not for great comfort. Stuff was very friendly, it was very easy to talk to everyone. Rooms and bathroom were clean, kitchen not so much.

Great little hostel really enjoyed my stay here, absolutely loved Barcelona. The place could have done with a few more power points in the room and a few more washing machines and dryers. The beds were pretty close together but who goes to Barcelona to sleep anyway. Over all really enjoyed my stay Here ;)

Hostel location was amazing and the access to Walking Tours and Pub Crawls was great. I found the atmosphere to be a tad stuffy at times, but overall a decent place. I would stay again!

Friendly and helpful receptionist guy with perfect English, clean and safe environment, good location... I had a nice stay overall. Would recommend the hostel for anyone visiting Barcelona.

Very good location and staff. The showers could be a bit cleanier.

Really nice hostel! People friendely and good price... The location is good as well!

• 26th Jun 2015