Be Mar Hostel Reviews

Carrer Sant Pau, nr. 80, Barcelona, Spain

2007 Total Reviews

I spent one night in the big room in Be hostel some showers weren't working and they should be fix under opinion.The best of Be hostel was Peter that solve problem that I forgot in my luggage.Peter inmediately solved me the problem politely and he was very patient with me.There wasn't breakfast in Be hostel I thought that it could be a disadvantage but there are several coffeshoops where I got my breakfast for resanoble prize around Be hostel. I 'd recommend Be hostel.

Nice stay good location. Bathrooms are HOT so go into the hall and do your makeup in on of those mirrors. I'd re book here.

A bit of modernisation of the facilities could help to make youth more satisfied. It is a bit ruined by US - by the guests - and I think it worth investing a little money in the refurbishment. The beds are dirty and the lockers are not so safe, but the atmosphere and the kindness of the staff compensate for everything. And not to speak about the location itself. I just only say a BIG thank you for the possibility to be hosted and also for the helpful and friendly staff.

• 10th May 2015
  • Hungary

Be Mar is seated right off La Rambla and 10 mins from the beach, which is perfect! The staff is very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend it, particularly for budget travellers.

Advantages: location of the hostel which is absolutely perfect, price Disadventages: Hostel is extremely dirty, especially when it comes to bathrooms. Kitchen is not equipped at all (no cups, cutlery etc...), contrary to what is said on the website. Staff is rude and not interested at all to help guests, and they seem rather annoyed while a guest makes them stop watch their tv shows. They got annoyed by people not speaking perfect english and they call some customers "difficult"

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Poland

The staff were very friendly and helpful The room was very nice, suited our needs. It's very close to an active area, which also means it is a little noisy into the evening, but that is expected if you want to be close to activity.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I'm sure that when I booked my stay Be Mar had breakfast included. And there was also a sign in our building that said we could have breakfast for free, so it was a surprise to me when the staff told that the breakfast was not included. After explaining this to the lady in the lobby, they gave me the breakfast for free, though. Beside that, the location was very nice, and the staff very helpful. I really enjoyed my stay. Twin bedrooms are big and cozy. But hot water just for some minutes...

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

Great staff and great location! The room is not cleaned every day and the shower has a limited amount of hot water, so after a shower you have to wait before get more hot water.

Really dirty room and bathrooms. I'm pretty sure my sheets had been slept on and not cleaned! They stuck us in a 10 bed room when we paid for an 8 bed room. There was only one outlet (which is quite strange). Secure lockers, laundry room, place to cook, in a great location and quite cheap but if you're looking for a good night's sleep this isn't the hostel for you!

This hostel is very good. The beds are comfortable, the staff is great and the atmosphere is even better. Very close to the metro station, to the gothic district and the beach. Overall a great place to stay and meet people, traveling alone or in a group. The lockers they offer are huge, and very safe. My only complaint would be the shower. I was there during the winter and sometimes (happened twice in a week) the shower simply didn't have hot water. Anyways, it's a good place to stay overall

It's not a bad one, but a little dirty and bad mattresses.

My coat and iphone charger were stolen in the hostel. I just put them on my bed before going out in the early morning and after 3 hours later when we went back they were gone. Be awareness of your roommates. And the whole room is tooooooo humid, even if the paper bags were wet themselves. We have to log in to the facebook and share this hostel everytime which is quite annoying.