Be Mar Hostel Reviews

Carrer Sant Pau, nr. 80, Barcelona, Spain

1997 Total Reviews

Advantages: location of the hostel which is absolutely perfect, price Disadventages: Hostel is extremely dirty, especially when it comes to bathrooms. Kitchen is not equipped at all (no cups, cutlery etc...), contrary to what is said on the website. Staff is rude and not interested at all to help guests, and they seem rather annoyed while a guest makes them stop watch their tv shows. They got annoyed by people not speaking perfect english and they call some customers "difficult"

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Poland

The staff were very friendly and helpful The room was very nice, suited our needs. It's very close to an active area, which also means it is a little noisy into the evening, but that is expected if you want to be close to activity.

• 27th Feb 2015
  • Couple, 41+

I'm sure that when I booked my stay Be Mar had breakfast included. And there was also a sign in our building that said we could have breakfast for free, so it was a surprise to me when the staff told that the breakfast was not included. After explaining this to the lady in the lobby, they gave me the breakfast for free, though. Beside that, the location was very nice, and the staff very helpful. I really enjoyed my stay. Twin bedrooms are big and cozy. But hot water just for some minutes...

• 30th Jan 2015
  • Portugal

Great staff and great location! The room is not cleaned every day and the shower has a limited amount of hot water, so after a shower you have to wait before get more hot water.

Really dirty room and bathrooms. I'm pretty sure my sheets had been slept on and not cleaned! They stuck us in a 10 bed room when we paid for an 8 bed room. There was only one outlet (which is quite strange). Secure lockers, laundry room, place to cook, in a great location and quite cheap but if you're looking for a good night's sleep this isn't the hostel for you!

This hostel is very good. The beds are comfortable, the staff is great and the atmosphere is even better. Very close to the metro station, to the gothic district and the beach. Overall a great place to stay and meet people, traveling alone or in a group. The lockers they offer are huge, and very safe. My only complaint would be the shower. I was there during the winter and sometimes (happened twice in a week) the shower simply didn't have hot water. Anyways, it's a good place to stay overall

It's not a bad one, but a little dirty and bad mattresses.

My coat and iphone charger were stolen in the hostel. I just put them on my bed before going out in the early morning and after 3 hours later when we went back they were gone. Be awareness of your roommates. And the whole room is tooooooo humid, even if the paper bags were wet themselves. We have to log in to the facebook and share this hostel everytime which is quite annoying.

A very central hostel, spotlessly clean in a very vibrant part of the city with a very helpful receptioness who told me that she was named after a local mountain! The free breakfast had been discontinued but I was given a voucher for a cafe next door which was excellent and a good gesture.

Excellent location.Very helpful,friendly staff. spacious kitchen and the common room.Wish beds in the dorm are more widely spaced. The lockers can be rearranged for easy to use.The heating in the room is needed as it gets very cold in the night.

Stayed in 6 bed dorm. Very good location, only 5/10 mins walk from Las Ramblas. Staff very helpful and friendly. Good security lockers in the room with key access cards. Would recommend as good value location at a central base.

Very central location, just a few minutes from the Ramblas and the old part of Barcelona. Many convenient stores nearby to buy food. Free simple breakfast that does the trick. Helpful staff. Secure lockers. Cool decorations and clean. Definitely a nice stay!

• 31st Oct 2014

시설도 깨끗하고 조용했습니다. 람브라스 거리와도 가까워서 드나들기 수월했고 직원들도 친절하였습니다. 보편적으로 가격대비 좋았습니다.

Locations is ordinary, a walk away for the centre in a less impressive part of town. Wifi in the rooms which is good. The common area sucks though.

It os a great hostel. The location is less than five minutes to Las Ramblas e Paral-el metro Station. The staff are very kind and helpful. Its very clean And safe.