Be Mar Hostel Reviews

Carrer Sant Pau, nr. 80, Barcelona, Spain

negatives- I made a booking for 2 and they put us in separate rooms & was told by the staff that they could not change this. There was a school group of around 25 kids who took up entire common area- pretty weird vibe being surrounded by kids at a hostel. positive- big beds, showers great pressure, air con & kitchen. staff were not overly helpful to me but I did witness them several times going out of their way for others so I cannot fault them too much there I guess.

Is close to the main drag and closer than most hostels to the beach - but is a real dodgy area. Almost everyday was a report of something being stolen (my own phone included). Clean hostel. Absolutely no vibe throughout... Good for a place to sleep (unless you get the room with the broken aircon like I did)

At be Mar Hostel, the staff is awful! Not friendly. They blame the fact that the Internet doesn't work because I have an IPhone. The adress where the room is located is about 200 meters away from the website adrees( it's near the prostituon headquarter) TV doesn't work and the biggest surprise was no hot water. For the amount the charged me which is 86€ !!!! Find a better place.

• 9th Jul 2015

They over booked my stay so they asked me to walk to another hostel they owned (apparently a better hostel- which judging by the reception, I agree) it was an okay hostel, nothing too nice

Great location, felt very safe and secure. Large and clean showering facilities (though strangely hot in the bathrooms). The postings (flyers, website, pin board) were often not accurate though so always ask staff about times that things are running...for example there was no free breakfast even though the room 'rules' said their was :/ The best part though was the staff and the hostel events--they connect you with other hostels so it's a blast going to the tours, pub crawl, etc.

A nice hostel for young backpackers who are looking for adventure and not for great comfort. Stuff was very friendly, it was very easy to talk to everyone. Rooms and bathroom were clean, kitchen not so much.

Great little hostel really enjoyed my stay here, absolutely loved Barcelona. The place could have done with a few more power points in the room and a few more washing machines and dryers. The beds were pretty close together but who goes to Barcelona to sleep anyway. Over all really enjoyed my stay Here ;)

Hostel location was amazing and the access to Walking Tours and Pub Crawls was great. I found the atmosphere to be a tad stuffy at times, but overall a decent place. I would stay again!

Friendly and helpful receptionist guy with perfect English, clean and safe environment, good location... I had a nice stay overall. Would recommend the hostel for anyone visiting Barcelona.

Very good location and staff. The showers could be a bit cleanier.

Really nice hostel! People friendely and good price... The location is good as well!

• 26th Jun 2015

One of the toilets were not clean.

The hostel is well located and has all the basic facilities. The rooms are reasonably priced. Peter was great at reception but some of the other staff seemed like they didn't want to be there. One of the bathrooms smelt awful but the showers were pretty clean. The atmosphere wasn't that great, it felt like everyone was doing there own thing, not really interested in meeting each other. I also booked a 8 bed mixed dorm but found I was the only female in it. Maybe try to keep the rooms more mixed.

Really nice hostel, the staff was super nice and did their best to help! Good and safe lockers. Central location close to everything :) In general an awesome stay!! Will be back.

• 22nd Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Be mar hostel is a nice place to go, really cheap, clean, and convinient ! I recommend it !

• 18th Jun 2015

Super friendly and helpful staff Comfortable beds Easy to meet people in huge common area Clean bathrooms and nice and hot shower

Kitchen has everything that someone would need to make anything even though it can become a little tight. The wifi doesn't really work in the back corner room and there aren't plugins for everyone, but there are free self locked lockers and it was near the city center. Also the facilities are all extremely clean!!

It is a very unsafe place. An English girl told me that an iPad was stolen from the locker. People that clean the rooms have a card to open all the lockers. No cameras in the rooms or in the general classroom. The front desk people are friendly but they don´t care about the security issue. The only objects of some value that i left in the locker were stolen: an ukulele and a mac notebook charger . If you are going to be there, I recommend you: not leave anything of value in the lockers.”

The matress is not good... Someone stole my towel :(

Terrible security!! DO NOT STAY HERE. My locker was broken into, a tablet and a phone was stolen, also other people had things stolen like clothes and towels. The staff were unhelpful and unsympathetic. The security cameras don't even show each room, so there's no way of knowing who comes in and out. People smoked weed all day in the rooms while I was out sightseeing! Good location but very poor security. Which really ruined the end of my trip. Open your eyes staff, changes need to be made!!