Be Sound Hostel Reviews

Nou de la Rambla 91, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

I had booked from November 4th to 11th. However, the hostel closed for winter on the 6th, so I had to change to the Be Mar hostel only two streets up. A bit strange, but no problem at all. This was probably the reason that there wasn't that much activity at the hostel. There was is no breakfast and also no welcome drink and tapa. Sheets were supplied though.The 6 bed female dorm and the 2nd floor shower are tiny! There were a lot of groups present at the hostel, which made it hard to meet people

Was a great hostel, really good kitchen and roof terrace. The only problem was the other guests in my room, who thankfully got kicked out!

I loved the atmosphere of the place , the people and the guys in the hostel! Thalia a genius ! Cheers

• 24th Oct 2015
  • Argentina

Overall my stay was good. The personal lockers were great to have. I was there on a weekday so it wasn't a problem for me. But I could see how one bathroom/shower on each floor could be a bit annoying. The staff were all really helpful and friendly. I would stay again.

• 4th Oct 2015

Hostel was in a great location close to Las Ramblas. Staff were helpful too. We stayed in a mixed dorm room. It was a little hot in the room, as the power was out for half the night. Couldn't open the window as mosquitoes would come in. Power was still out in the morning - couldn't have a shower with no lights on! Overall we enjoyed our stay :)

only here for one night while passing through to lyon. wifi worked in the rooms, staff was really friendly but the atmosphere downstairs seemed lacking. half the people were watching tv and the other half were on their phones. mightve been better if it was a weekend

Only fantastic thing about this hostel is the friendly and helpful staff!! Really great staff indeed! But in the way of other things It was often unclean, shower facilities where really average and rooms are in need of an upgrade. In the way of hostels in Barcelona you can do much nicer for your money.

The Wifi should be better! Shower on floor 2 was mutch better than the One on floor 1. Watch out for people that steal your food in the kitchen !

Need to update your showers not enough to swing a cat in

Be was a decent hostel in a great location in Barcelona, close to the main part of the city and only a short €8 to the beach. Was less impressed by one shower/toilet per floor to share between 15 or 20 girls. The rooms were quite small although electronic lockers were handy. Overall an ok stay here. Wouldn't stay again.

Staff were rude and lazy on a number of occasions

I didn't enjoy my stay here. I was in a 6 bed dorm and the room was tiny! I think I would've enjoyed my stay here more if I had different roommates but I wouldn't stay here again.

We had an awful stay at Besound Barcelona, we were supposed to stay 7nights at this hostel but hecked out after the first night and into a hotel due to the awful night we had. The dorm was smal,, right next to the noisey elevater and public bathroom. The room was unclean, the bed was full of sand. the other dorm roommates kepted coming in and out of the room at early hours of the morning yelling and leaving the lights on

• 1st Sep 2015

Staff were lovely, good security re: swipe card access, good location close to La Ramblas, good wifi too. We were in room 202 which has 3 bunk beds (aka 6 people) crammed into a small room. We noticed other rooms were much bigger and had more space which was unfortunate for us. Also, the aircon is placed badly in our room as it was freezing for the girl laying under it so she had to turn it off and as a result we were boiling and sweating and it was almost unbearable.

I had a great stay here. AC fantastic, massive lockers, parties on the terrace run by Scotty and the crew. Only bummer was the cleaner threw out my contacts but my own fault for leaving in the bathroom. Definitely a great hostel for meeting people. Highly recommend.

Nice hostel

Great staff, so friendly, great location, great lockers and great air conditioning!

• 19th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Wifi was absolute rubbish, everything else was good

Air conditioner buzzes every 10 minutes it's pretty annoying bring ear plugs to sleep! Rooms are tiny and only one small toilet/shower on each floor

Good location and very clean!