Be Sound Hostel Reviews

Nou de la Rambla 91, Barcelona, Barcelona, Spain

the hostel is perfectly situated in the heart of barcelona. You can easily reach all the important area of Barcelona. I liked the atmosphere, the young people who stayed at the hostel, the accommodation, facilities and the activities, offered by the hostel. The stuff is very friendly and helpful. Would absolutely stay there again.

• 23rd Jul 2014

It was in a central location however the 6 bed room was small I struggled to pack my suitcase in it. And it only had one female and male shower and toilet per floor. Wasn't much privacy in the bathrooms or room to get changed. Staff were helpful and had a good knowledge of the area.

Good location. Very loud elevators. Cool atmosphere. Do the pub crawl

Nice hostel, big rooms, huge lockers which were fantastic, could easily fit all my luggage in them. I liked especially the card system for the door/locker. Kitchen was quite small. And there was only 1 bathroom/shower for each gender per floor which I thought wasn't adequate. I didn't like the fact I got charged an extra 7% for using card, I'm already getting charged a high interest rate for withdrawing cash from machine so as a backpackers it felt a bit greedy. Staff super friendly though.

This is good value for money. It is quite modern and clean. The rooms are fairly spacious with modern beds although it was an effort to get up to the bunk bed. It is high and the railing is very low. There was a good common room. Great bathroom set up.

Great location which is essential when staying in Barcelona! I only stayed for one night but from what I experienced it was great value for money and had good facilities.

Definitely a party hostel. If you want to meet people go here! Really close to las Ramblas, bars and restaurants. Wifi is patchy but the staff is very nice and helpful. Comfy beds as far as hostels go.

• 4th Jul 2014

This was overall a really great hostel in an awesome location, just a 5 min walk to La Rambla! The bathrooms were a little limited, with only one toilet and one shower for each gender per floor, and the laundry closed at 10pm with the terrace which was a little inconvenient, but I would definitely stay again if I came to Barcelona again! It's an amazing city!

Bathrooms were tiny couldn't move in the shower but other then that nice place to stay

Staff were very accommodating and helpful. The shower situation isn't that great though.

Pros: Aircon, elevator, free toast and cereal for breakfast Cons: No hot water, no toilet paper for two days, one toilet and one shower for a whole level, no additional door to the shower (so when people go to the toilet they can see you shower)

• 18th Jun 2014

Good location. Dorms have a large locker that fits your whole bag in which is good but rest of out 6 bed dorm was tight. The toilets/bathrooms were unclean. Was noisy. You can hear through the walls. It's a party hostel so if you want to sleep id suggest a different hostel. Kitchen was messy too and had no glasses.

Can't get WiFi without a face book account, also rooms are tiny

• 16th Jun 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Air conditioning did not work and it was very hot at night to sleep

We stayed here for 5 nights for Sonar festival and was very impressed. The hostel is in a really good location of everything! The staff were helpful, the atmosphere was brilliant and the mojito parties on the roof terrace were perfect watching the sunset. People's comments about the shortage of toilets are irrelevant as there is adequate amounts, not to mention the superb aircon. Would definitely recommended!

• 12th Jun 2014

Good location close to la ramblas, the port and metro line. Had to move rooms which was annoying and the room I moved to was next to reception and very noisy during the night. Not much of an atmosphere most of the time. Air con only worked sometimes. Had to check in to the hostel on Facebook every time you wanted to use the wifi which cut out often. Didn't really enjoy staying here.

Worst place I have ever stayed, when we told the staff member in the morning about how bad our experience was he didn't say anything, The whole floor we were on was hot, as the air con didn't work. In the middle of the night a staff member let himself into our room to see if it was working which I thought was strange. Not to mention how bad and dirty the bathrooms are! Avoid this place, book somewhere cheaper and cleaner.

This is very much a last resort kind of hostel. Had one bathroom for the whole floor. Our room was so tiny we had to walk single file beside the beds. And there was no ventilation of air conditioning. Pretty unpleasant place to stay for more than a night.

Not enough bathrooms for the number of people there. Dirty bedspreads, no top sheets offered. Slummy neighborhood. Prostitutes in streets. No air conditioning.

Be Sound is a great place to stay if you want to stay in the centre of Barcelona on the cheap and meet people from all over. I've stayed there a few times and I would recommend it to anyone.

• 8th Jun 2014