Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 95, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It was a good hostel, but speaking in English to the staff was a little difficult sometimes. Also it was a shame that the shower broke down.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Excellent location right in the Center of all the tourist attractions ... There was a problem with the mosquito but that's brazil for you and a few problem with bed bugs but not in my room but in the others but over all a good value for money

Decent hostel for the price. Breakfast was good too.

Hostel was very near to the big sites and a short wallk from the Metro and buses. Good spot for exploring. I used taxi's mostly myself and found them reasonably priced.Buses are great value and fun to see the way they drive. Crazy. Staff very helpful. You should enjoy your stay here.

Staff were very nice and helpful. Not at all rushing people on checkout, and breakfast was good. The bed was a little bit uncomfortable though, and the Botafogo area isn't quite as exciting as Copacaba or Lapa, but Copacabana beach is a 15 -20 min walk away, and the metro is only a few blocks from the hostel, so it's certainly not too bad, and the price difference is very useful.

Dear Matthew, Thanks a lot for your review! The bed issue was already solved. Next time do not hesitate to inform reception in case of any problem. We are here to help all of our guests 24hs. Botafogo neighbourhood is the most safe, central and with great nightlife in Rio. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

We stayed for 4 nights and had great time. The staff were really helpful, helped us to get to all the sights easily! On the Saturday night we were there they put on a free BBQ with awesome food; sausages, steak and garlic bread! A few tips...try and get a bottom bunk because it's cooler, if ur looking to eat cheaply buy food from the supermarket and use the kitchen the facilities are really good. It's equal distance between lapa(awesome night out fri/sat) and copacopana beach.

It is a nice hostel with friendly staff, good breakfast. I can just recommend it.

Dear Sabrina, Thank you a lot for taking time to write a review! Best regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel Team

The staff was great, had lots of fun with those guys. The facilities are ok, and in general everything is clean and tide, but because it is a hot an humid weather there can be mosquitos or bed bugs at night, so apply insect repeller even for sleeping.

+ Cheap, clean toilets (exept the floors!), free water, kitchen. - NO AC only one fan in every room... (got sooooo hot), also they charged me the full fee even thougt I already had pay the booking-fee when i booked at hostelworld. Not ok...

Dear Guest, All of our rooms have air conditioning! We never charge full fee. We always charge the amount payable upon arrival without the 10% paid to Hostelworld. Unfortunately your review is very misleading. Regards, Olivia

I cancelled my stay.

Thanks a lot to Ana Maria, Bernardo and Sebastián, I felt at home, the hostel and people there have are charming and super gentle

excellent hostel.. really worthy it a try.

Nothing to complain. I had an excellent stay and everytime I need a hostel in Rio I will go back there

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels