Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 95, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I booked one bed in eight beds room, but stayed in 15 beds room without any explation. There were lots of bedgugs. I catched eight, two of them were blooded. If you want go trip by yourself, this is ok. If you need tour, it is hard to get it though this hostel. The room is really crawded. Even run out place to put my backpack on floor. I have to put my ludgeger on my bed.

We are sorry about this bad experience. The rooms are very spacious and other travellers sometimes are very disorganized.

the upstairs bathroom was always dirty. The staff wasn't very friendly and helpful

• 21st Jan 2016
  • Argentina

Atmosphere is really nice, my room was clean and pretty spacious as well as the social areas. Great equipped kitchen and lovely happy hour with delicious caipirinhas. One of the best hostels I have stayed in so far. Location os super good!

Dear Filipe, Thank you for your review! We will always be looking forward to offer the guests a great experience during their stay.

Very good social atmosphere. Good place to make friends. Obviously very popular hostel, I want to extend my stay, but cannot as 70 new people will come that day. Rooms and bathrooms are really small. Staff are great, specially Juan who is friendly and helpful. The only annoying thing is they are really strict with breakfast. They say breakfast is from 8-10am, but everything is cleaned at 9.45. Also payment by credit card is charged with 10% fee (which is a lot!!).

Second time around, wonderful as always. Most sociable hostel I've stayed in, never disappoints!

Ok hostel. Close to the station.

In my personal opinion there are better areas to stay in Rio. The tour's that they organised for me where a little average and not really what I was hoping for. But it was clean and the facilities were definitely adequate

Staff & Community rooms perfect! Dorms + Double rooms not very nice and beds very uncomfortable (especially Double Room -> bed very hard). Community rooms very loud (Noise spreads throughout hostel). Great variety of tours in Rio! Breakfast was average (no fruits, etc + only from 8am to 9am) & breakfast area = smoking area. 10R$ for leaving luggage after checkout (no locker room for luggage - Luggage was supposed to be left in hallway (very frustrating when paid). Not enough restrooms for guests

Our rooms are very comfortable. We are sorry if our staff did not take care of the noise. They will be advertised. Breakfast is simple according to the price. Smoking area is only outside the hostel in our outdoor area. Lockers are free for the guests. After checkout if you want to leave your luggage there is a fee of R$10 which you were informed and agreed to pay upon arrival.

If you're looking for a cheap place that's the place to be. Especially the kitchen facilities should be improved, the refrigerator smells really bad.

Hi Leoni, We already took care of this issue. Thank you for your feedback. Regards

silence hours were not respected

Location close to Metro, nice Atmosphere. Unfortunately, staff could not tell me how to get to the airport, which is something essential for travellers. One big problem: the beds! I was very afraid to sleep in this fragile and breakable 3-bunk-bed. that's really not safe!

This hostel was bed bug infested. It really dampened our moods as travelers because we were heading beack to our home countries and to have to make sure we fully cleaned our bags before we left beautiful Brazil is not something that we were planning on doing at all. This hostel should be fumigated from top to bottom and it should not allowed to be lived in untill they have the all clear from hygene inspectors.

• 25th Nov 2015

bathroom needs to be cleaned up more often. smells bad

Awesome location, 3 blocks to the metro station and also is a few minutes walking to good restaurants, bars, clubs and makets. Bedrooms are ok and the bathrooms could be more clean, but the atmosphere is amazing. I would recomended the hostel to anyone.

Staff were very helpful, lobby area had a great vibe, great location right next to the Botofago Metro station.

Good place not to far from metro station. Botofogo area is a cheap place but the beach is bad . Hostel is good for everything and really cheah.

Great Staff, Location and atmosphere - Caipirinhas were great also!

Relaxed hostel in safe area with supermarket, restaurants and metro station nearby (only a few stops from Cocacabana). People staying were all young (unlike me) so place is lively and may be noisy at weekends - also means the bathrooms are pretty messy

I ended up staying more than the number days i expected to. Excellent location,friendly staff who would go out of their way to help you. The hostel has this fun yet relaxed atmosphere so its perfect whether you want to have fun or just want to relax. Besides great value for money. Beach Backers doesn't disappoint.

• 17th Sep 2015
  • India

+ nice common area + cheap price + cute dog at the hostel - strange atmosphere, people werent greeting each other - the dorm room was way too small. No space to walk or put backpacks - not enough bathrooms

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels