Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 95, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It was good place to stay

Cheaper alternative to other hostels in Rio. The location is good- only two blocks from the metro. It has a good atmosphere and nice lounging area outside, but they need more bathrooms for when the hostel is completely booked!

The bar in the hostel was excellent! Great caipirinhas!!

Average hostel. Not worth 3-5 timez the average price over new years! Downstairs fairly modern open plan nice to chill. Outside seating and speakers. Plus bar with drinks- again overpriced tho. Upstaors was alot older and needed redoing. Bathroom was hot and a dirty one. Was cleaned daily but used by soo many people it got filthy quickly. Just to many people there really felt crowded. Triple bunk beds v loud and creaky. Expected in large dorm i guess. Air con only 8pm-10am! Too hot rest of time

I don't usually write reviews on hostels as most end up being a rather good experience. This one rates as the worst hostel I have ever been to. There is only one public bathroom on the top floor and about 30 people were subjected to using it. The toilet in the bathroom was clogged a few times everyday and they wouldn't get to fixing it until the next day. They only run the air conditioning between 10 pm and 10 am and when we asked for it during the afternoon, they said no based on the owner.

I had a great stay here. The staff were helpfull, friendly and all of them spoke or atleast understood English. I didn't once struggle to get anything I asked for and my Portuguese is nil. I'd highly recommend them. The atmosphere is great and overall my stay was awesome! They'll see me again.

• 28th Dec 2014
  • South Africa

it is really cheap.

I enjoyed my stay at Beach Backpackers Hostel. The downstairs lounge area is very nice and there is a strong party vibe. The staff was helpful, but the breakfast staff would scold you for getting seconds or taking the last piece of food, and you got fined for eating too much. BEWARE: the bathrooms are gross most of the time. The toilets and floors are gross and they smell like throw up. Be aware that this hostel charges you for leaving your bags there after checkout.

great hostel with great staff that offer fantastic help always, the vibe was fantastic attracting the most awesome travelers from around the world! peace ;p

Great landing spot, highly recommend.

I really liked the hostel. It made me feel at home immediately. The staff was very nice, always ready for a talk and always wanting to help. They gave good advise on what was safe for me to go to by myself and what not. The living room and kitchen are very homelike, I loved that everyone was just hanging in the sofa's charging the devices and talking. The bar is also nice. There was air conditioning in the bedrooms witch was more than welcome, the rooms were clean, there are several showers

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel, cool chill out zone with TV! Juan the guy working was really cool and helpful and great english! The room bathroom could be a bit cleaner, we had a blocked since and toilet but that's the only issue! Wasn much of a buzz if you want a party scene! More of a chilled laid back relax hostel! If they did organized pub crawl or something would be much better! Get everyone involved! Would stay again! Really liked it! And close to subway too!

I liked this hostel alot! It was very cheap and good location, close to botafogo shopping, the metro and supermarkets. Nice rooms, reception and drinks. The breakfast sucks.. just fruit and a little piece of bread. so bring your own. and it's included if the rate is under 20RS! which they didn't said and paying with creditcard is 10% more expensive.

Very good quality/price ratio! The hostel is well located, clean, with a great kitchen and a nice outside area. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I recommend it!

1 2 Next » last »