Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 95, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I really liked the hostel. It made me feel at home immediately. The staff was very nice, always ready for a talk and always wanting to help. They gave good advise on what was safe for me to go to by myself and what not. The living room and kitchen are very homelike, I loved that everyone was just hanging in the sofa's charging the devices and talking. The bar is also nice. There was air conditioning in the bedrooms witch was more than welcome, the rooms were clean, there are several showers

• 7th Dec 2014
  • Belgium

Great hostel, cool chill out zone with TV! Juan the guy working was really cool and helpful and great english! The room bathroom could be a bit cleaner, we had a blocked since and toilet but that's the only issue! Wasn much of a buzz if you want a party scene! More of a chilled laid back relax hostel! If they did organized pub crawl or something would be much better! Get everyone involved! Would stay again! Really liked it! And close to subway too!

I liked this hostel alot! It was very cheap and good location, close to botafogo shopping, the metro and supermarkets. Nice rooms, reception and drinks. The breakfast sucks.. just fruit and a little piece of bread. so bring your own. and it's included if the rate is under 20RS! which they didn't said and paying with creditcard is 10% more expensive.

Very good quality/price ratio! The hostel is well located, clean, with a great kitchen and a nice outside area. The staff is very helpful and friendly. I recommend it!

Fantastic location just a few minutes walk to metro station direct line to Maracana stadium , you can walk to sugarloaf in under 20 mins and bus to christ the redeemer statue leaves from end of road and there are supermarkets and cheap places to eat nearby . All the staff are helpful but juan was fantastic and really helped to make our trip special snd saved us loads of times d money with his help and reccomendations

Place smells like cigarettes everywhere as they leave open the doors to outside smoking area. Too small an overcrowded! It's the size of a town house packed with over 60 people. Lady at front desk in the day is very impolite and does not speak English (though she thinks she does = more problems) We had booked in for 2 nights with the hope of extending if it was good (as we have ten nights here) and we left - don't recommend it!

Too many mosquitos...

A fantastic place to stay, probably the best hostel I have stayed in!! Location is good and it is very easy to get around with the metro station down the road! Rooms are nice and most have a shared en suite, when I was there the rooms were never full! The staff are incredible they are all up for a laugh and willing to help whenever you need it! Finally the atmosphere is great, lots of people coming and going, always up for a laugh and a drink! If you are coming to Rio stay here!!!!

Good hostel, close to the metro, clean kitchen, only thing is only one bathroom upstairs so waiting for the shower and be annoying. Staff really nice and helpful, not a fan of triple bunks but great atmosphere and good price! Would recommend

I stayed in this hostel in November, the staff were helpful and friendly, had a great atmosphere. Only thing is they are triple bunks, glad I wasnt at the top! And not enough bathrooms. But loved it here. Not far from the metro and doesn't take long to get to the beach!

I liked it so much that I ended up staying longer than expected. Clean, well located, really nice staff (Juan and Sandra are the best recepcionists in Río). Totally recommendable.

Good night ! I enjoyed staying at the Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro , the problem that I saw was the terrible service of Lady Rose , which serves breakfast . A very polite lady bad . Apart from that , I loved everything and everyone , especially the employees who are in reception and the great diversity of people staying there. Thank you

• 15th Oct 2014

It is a very nice place . I think the staff and service can improve but basically was good and nice place to stay in. Recommended

Nice staffs! I enjoyed really to be there and good atmosphere

1 2 Next » last »