Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 95, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

I loved staying there, I just think it needs more bathroons and the airconditioning could be better.

Staff very helpful and the place is very comfortable. The breakfast was the same and without fruit.

I stayed in one of the 15 bed dorms. My linen and towel seemed quite nasty (old and stained) and the mattresses and pillows were super old and seemed dirty. I was on one of the top bunk beds (mind that there are THREE layers per bunkbed) and that was quite a hassle. The dorm was a bit warm and dank even during the night, when they turn the AC on. Lastly, a sketchy old man talking to himself (in a local accent) during the night made it even harder to sleep. Common areas and location are good tho.

Dear Marcio, Our bed linen and towels are all new and well cleaned as well as our new mattresses and pillows. Our dorms are very spacious and with fan and air conditioning. You booked a SHARED dormitory, please get used to it or book a private room with more privacy. Beach Backpackers Hostel

I would come back and recommend to friends.

• 13th Mar 2015

Good budgetary hostel with pleasant atmosphere and with a very helpful and kind staff (especially Juan and Sandra)! :) There is a big kitchen where you can easily cook meals. Supermarket is 2 mins walking distance from the hostel. The hostel is located in a safe and greeny area. Felt perfectly content of staying here! PS For the owner who might be reading this comment I´d suggest better maintenance of some rooms (wall painting, fixing closets and shelves) and buying new frying pans.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Dear Kamil, We paint all our rooms and common areas twice a year. We will make sure to double check your complaint. We will also buy new cooking equipment. Thank you for your feedback. Beach Backpackers Hostel

The building of this hostel is very cozy like a old house rebuild in the middle of heart of botafogo (very good place with all you need to eat, buy and enjoy walking around)!! 5 minutes walk you can take underground to go anywhere of Rio's city and just in 20 min (metro walk) you are in copacabana or ipanema ' s beach!! It's an amazing place , with wonderful staff and with unbelievable travellers who enjoy talking and meeting new people of very different nationalities! ;)

I would like this hostel to remove parking from their list of facilities. Street parking cannot be considered as a hostel facility. I had to book another hostel as I cannot leave a loaded motorcycle in the street.

Great hostel with good atmosphere and nice staff (especially Chris on reception making so many caipirinhas!). The kitchen is big but fridge is kind of full. Dorms are quite full (15 beds - triple bunks) but it's cheap and in a good location. Well worth it for the money as we were there during carnaval and was the cheapest we found. Breakfast was really good during carnaval but changed after that. Lockers are downstairs (not in rooms) but it's ok. We also had a great free BBQ cooked by the owners

Dear Emma, Thank you so much for your review! We are always compromised to offer the best service and price in Rio. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

I had the most amazing time here for carnaval! Great atmosphere, I met such fun people! Bernard, the owner, and Alex, the receptionist, really made my time in Rio special, thanks for everything you guys! Great location near metro groceries cheap restaurants, safe neighborhood, near copacabana

We thought the staff and location were great, however were a little disappointed with the hostel. Our main issue were the rooms. We stayed in a 15 bed dorm which is fine and we've done before, but this room was a mess! It felt that they literally tried to squeeze as many beds into one room as possible. Not to mention there was no room for anyone to put their belongings. With poor ventilation and sleeping on the top bunk it was a nightmare to try and sleep. Couldn't get comfortable.

1 2 Next » last »