Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 95, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Good budgetary hostel with pleasant atmosphere and with a very helpful and kind staff (especially Juan and Sandra)! :) There is a big kitchen where you can easily cook meals. Supermarket is 2 mins walking distance from the hostel. The hostel is located in a safe and greeny area. Felt perfectly content of staying here! PS For the owner who might be reading this comment I´d suggest better maintenance of some rooms (wall painting, fixing closets and shelves) and buying new frying pans.

• 11th Mar 2015
  • Poland

Dear Kamil, We paint all our rooms and common areas twice a year. We will make sure to double check your complaint. We will also buy new cooking equipment. Thank you for your feedback. Beach Backpackers Hostel

The building of this hostel is very cozy like a old house rebuild in the middle of heart of botafogo (very good place with all you need to eat, buy and enjoy walking around)!! 5 minutes walk you can take underground to go anywhere of Rio's city and just in 20 min (metro walk) you are in copacabana or ipanema ' s beach!! It's an amazing place , with wonderful staff and with unbelievable travellers who enjoy talking and meeting new people of very different nationalities! ;)

I would like this hostel to remove parking from their list of facilities. Street parking cannot be considered as a hostel facility. I had to book another hostel as I cannot leave a loaded motorcycle in the street.

Great hostel with good atmosphere and nice staff (especially Chris on reception making so many caipirinhas!). The kitchen is big but fridge is kind of full. Dorms are quite full (15 beds - triple bunks) but it's cheap and in a good location. Well worth it for the money as we were there during carnaval and was the cheapest we found. Breakfast was really good during carnaval but changed after that. Lockers are downstairs (not in rooms) but it's ok. We also had a great free BBQ cooked by the owners

Dear Emma, Thank you so much for your review! We are always compromised to offer the best service and price in Rio. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

I had the most amazing time here for carnaval! Great atmosphere, I met such fun people! Bernard, the owner, and Alex, the receptionist, really made my time in Rio special, thanks for everything you guys! Great location near metro groceries cheap restaurants, safe neighborhood, near copacabana

We thought the staff and location were great, however were a little disappointed with the hostel. Our main issue were the rooms. We stayed in a 15 bed dorm which is fine and we've done before, but this room was a mess! It felt that they literally tried to squeeze as many beds into one room as possible. Not to mention there was no room for anyone to put their belongings. With poor ventilation and sleeping on the top bunk it was a nightmare to try and sleep. Couldn't get comfortable.

I couldn't sleep. Too hot, too many people in the room. The top bunk bed was above the ceiling fan, and the A/C was unit was on the floor. I put my bed on the floor eventually so I could sleep, then checked out the next morning. There was nowhere to put my stuff in the room, or lock it up.

• 9th Jan 2015

Dear Dustin, We have huge lockers downstairs to keep your bags and valuable stuff with security cameras to make it very safe. No excuses. Rio de Janeiro during summer is an unbearable city. You should be aware of that. Our rooms are spacious and with air conditioning and fan. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

Staff mainly nice however cleaner made a comment about me and my friends not replying to her 'good morning' in Portuguese even though she knew we were English. Resulting in some other Europeans telling us what was going on at breakfast while she basically laughed at us. The most expensive hostel we've stayed in on our South America trip this far.

It was good place to stay

1 2 Next » last »