Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 95, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

We stayed in the 15-dorm. Defnitely too many people for one room (3 beds on top of each other - hard to climb up to the upper ones, must be afraid to fall down, smelly dirty, no power, no lights,...) maybe the smaller rooms are better. The common area is quite nice, breakfast also. It was just the room we didn´t like, didn´t feel comfortable.

Nice homely hostel in with a friendly atmosphere and excellent staff , always looking to help and give suggestions on where to go and what to do! Great location close to the metro in Botafogo, a safe area of Rio.There is a spacious communal area making it an easy place to meet other people.Unfortunately they we're refurbing the downstairs for the World Cup while I was there but I still enjoyed my stay.

Looking for a hostel in Rio the 1-st you should keep in mind - safety location (it's really important). This hostel is ok, can recommend.

Really friendly staff, well stocked kitchen facilities, and in the excellent region of botafogo!

• 9th May 2014

Offers the pretty BASIC.

• 7th May 2014

good location and staff made me feel at home. My room was clean and the kitchen is very spacious

• 3rd May 2014

The 15 bed dorm has three stacked beds...tricky to maneuver. It's in the center which is nice but it's pretty quiet where it is. A nice place to relax and socialize.

Lugar de excelente localização (Botafogo), perto do metrô, ambiência agradável, funcionários muito legais e prestativos, mas para quem tem mais de 1,85m, não há espaço suficiente na cama, que além de pequena, está em mau estado, infelizmente. Very good placed (Botafogo), close to the metro, nice ambience, workers very friendly. The problem: if you have more than 1,85m, the bed will not fit you. Beyond that, the bed is in a bad state of conservation.

Nice hostel, very helpful stuff. Enjoyed my stay there!

+ good breakfast + clean + nice shower + low price - some staff-information was wrong - have to pay extra for many things, even for depositing your bag only some hours - cleaning lady is unfriendly - some of the beds may have bed bugs someone told me in the room, but I did not have problems, so I cannot say anything about that

Its not the best hostel in the world. But the staff is. And the others guests where too. I met a lot of new friends there and had a great time. If I have to go back to Rio, I'll choose them.

Good location (not on the beach, but close to bus and metro, and in a safe area), nice atmosphere with young people and very kind staff. You could see that it's their own business so they pay attention to you and try to make you feel happy during your stay. The whole place, however, is a quite old fashioned and would need some renovation, but it's OK. The rooms don't have their own lockers, but they are in a common place and are not so big, so it's quite uncomfortable to place your values.

What i really liked in this hostel were staff!!! All guys were very helpful and amazing!!!If not you guys the hostel wouldn't be the same :-) I really enjoyed staying with you there!! bravo!!!

They lost my reservation, then put me in a improvised room charging the same price. The bathrooms were always dirty and out of toilet paper, there was no sink, soap or towel inside. There were people sleeping in the hall's couch and dogs in the kitchen. Disgusting. It was a nightmare being there for 2 nights.

You booked a private double room and that's what you got. We do not have improvised rooms. Bathrooms are cleaned all the time by our cleaners. It would be expected if you paid to share bathroom with other people. Some guests sometimes take a nap on our chouches so it will be very rude if we start forcing people to do not sleep in the couch. It is a HOSTEL!! There are no dogs in the kitchen. Next time book a 5 star hotel. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

It was a good hostel, but speaking in English to the staff was a little difficult sometimes. Also it was a shame that the shower broke down.

Dear Tim, Thank you for letting us now whats going on. Shower issue is fixed. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

Excellent location right in the Center of all the tourist attractions ... There was a problem with the mosquito but that's brazil for you and a few problem with bed bugs but not in my room but in the others but over all a good value for money

Decent hostel for the price. Breakfast was good too.

Hostel was very near to the big sites and a short wallk from the Metro and buses. Good spot for exploring. I used taxi's mostly myself and found them reasonably priced.Buses are great value and fun to see the way they drive. Crazy. Staff very helpful. You should enjoy your stay here.

1 2 Next » last »