Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 95, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Lugar de excelente localização (Botafogo), perto do metrô, ambiência agradável, funcionários muito legais e prestativos, mas para quem tem mais de 1,85m, não há espaço suficiente na cama, que além de pequena, está em mau estado, infelizmente. Very good placed (Botafogo), close to the metro, nice ambience, workers very friendly. The problem: if you have more than 1,85m, the bed will not fit you. Beyond that, the bed is in a bad state of conservation.

Nice hostel, very helpful stuff. Enjoyed my stay there!

+ good breakfast + clean + nice shower + low price - some staff-information was wrong - have to pay extra for many things, even for depositing your bag only some hours - cleaning lady is unfriendly - some of the beds may have bed bugs someone told me in the room, but I did not have problems, so I cannot say anything about that

Its not the best hostel in the world. But the staff is. And the others guests where too. I met a lot of new friends there and had a great time. If I have to go back to Rio, I'll choose them.

Good location (not on the beach, but close to bus and metro, and in a safe area), nice atmosphere with young people and very kind staff. You could see that it's their own business so they pay attention to you and try to make you feel happy during your stay. The whole place, however, is a quite old fashioned and would need some renovation, but it's OK. The rooms don't have their own lockers, but they are in a common place and are not so big, so it's quite uncomfortable to place your values.

What i really liked in this hostel were staff!!! All guys were very helpful and amazing!!!If not you guys the hostel wouldn't be the same :-) I really enjoyed staying with you there!! bravo!!!

They lost my reservation, then put me in a improvised room charging the same price. The bathrooms were always dirty and out of toilet paper, there was no sink, soap or towel inside. There were people sleeping in the hall's couch and dogs in the kitchen. Disgusting. It was a nightmare being there for 2 nights.

You booked a private double room and that's what you got. We do not have improvised rooms. Bathrooms are cleaned all the time by our cleaners. It would be expected if you paid to share bathroom with other people. Some guests sometimes take a nap on our chouches so it will be very rude if we start forcing people to do not sleep in the couch. It is a HOSTEL!! There are no dogs in the kitchen. Next time book a 5 star hotel. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

It was a good hostel, but speaking in English to the staff was a little difficult sometimes. Also it was a shame that the shower broke down.

Dear Tim, Thank you for letting us now whats going on. Shower issue is fixed. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

Excellent location right in the Center of all the tourist attractions ... There was a problem with the mosquito but that's brazil for you and a few problem with bed bugs but not in my room but in the others but over all a good value for money

Decent hostel for the price. Breakfast was good too.

Hostel was very near to the big sites and a short wallk from the Metro and buses. Good spot for exploring. I used taxi's mostly myself and found them reasonably priced.Buses are great value and fun to see the way they drive. Crazy. Staff very helpful. You should enjoy your stay here.

Staff were very nice and helpful. Not at all rushing people on checkout, and breakfast was good. The bed was a little bit uncomfortable though, and the Botafogo area isn't quite as exciting as Copacaba or Lapa, but Copacabana beach is a 15 -20 min walk away, and the metro is only a few blocks from the hostel, so it's certainly not too bad, and the price difference is very useful.

Dear Matthew, Thanks a lot for your review! The bed issue was already solved. Next time do not hesitate to inform reception in case of any problem. We are here to help all of our guests 24hs. Botafogo neighbourhood is the most safe, central and with great nightlife in Rio. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

We stayed for 4 nights and had great time. The staff were really helpful, helped us to get to all the sights easily! On the Saturday night we were there they put on a free BBQ with awesome food; sausages, steak and garlic bread! A few tips...try and get a bottom bunk because it's cooler, if ur looking to eat cheaply buy food from the supermarket and use the kitchen the facilities are really good. It's equal distance between lapa(awesome night out fri/sat) and copacopana beach.

It is a nice hostel with friendly staff, good breakfast. I can just recommend it.

Dear Sabrina, Thank you a lot for taking time to write a review! Best regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel Team

The staff was great, had lots of fun with those guys. The facilities are ok, and in general everything is clean and tide, but because it is a hot an humid weather there can be mosquitos or bed bugs at night, so apply insect repeller even for sleeping.

1 2 Next » last »