Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 95, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

It was a good hostel, but speaking in English to the staff was a little difficult sometimes. Also it was a shame that the shower broke down.

• 3rd Apr 2014

Excellent location right in the Center of all the tourist attractions ... There was a problem with the mosquito but that's brazil for you and a few problem with bed bugs but not in my room but in the others but over all a good value for money

Decent hostel for the price. Breakfast was good too.

Hostel was very near to the big sites and a short wallk from the Metro and buses. Good spot for exploring. I used taxi's mostly myself and found them reasonably priced.Buses are great value and fun to see the way they drive. Crazy. Staff very helpful. You should enjoy your stay here.

Staff were very nice and helpful. Not at all rushing people on checkout, and breakfast was good. The bed was a little bit uncomfortable though, and the Botafogo area isn't quite as exciting as Copacaba or Lapa, but Copacabana beach is a 15 -20 min walk away, and the metro is only a few blocks from the hostel, so it's certainly not too bad, and the price difference is very useful.

Dear Matthew, Thanks a lot for your review! The bed issue was already solved. Next time do not hesitate to inform reception in case of any problem. We are here to help all of our guests 24hs. Botafogo neighbourhood is the most safe, central and with great nightlife in Rio. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

We stayed for 4 nights and had great time. The staff were really helpful, helped us to get to all the sights easily! On the Saturday night we were there they put on a free BBQ with awesome food; sausages, steak and garlic bread! A few tips...try and get a bottom bunk because it's cooler, if ur looking to eat cheaply buy food from the supermarket and use the kitchen the facilities are really good. It's equal distance between lapa(awesome night out fri/sat) and copacopana beach.

It is a nice hostel with friendly staff, good breakfast. I can just recommend it.

Dear Sabrina, Thank you a lot for taking time to write a review! Best regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel Team

The staff was great, had lots of fun with those guys. The facilities are ok, and in general everything is clean and tide, but because it is a hot an humid weather there can be mosquitos or bed bugs at night, so apply insect repeller even for sleeping.

+ Cheap, clean toilets (exept the floors!), free water, kitchen. - NO AC only one fan in every room... (got sooooo hot), also they charged me the full fee even thougt I already had pay the booking-fee when i booked at hostelworld. Not ok...

Dear Guest, All of our rooms have air conditioning! We never charge full fee. We always charge the amount payable upon arrival without the 10% paid to Hostelworld. Unfortunately your review is very misleading. Regards, Olivia

I cancelled my stay.

Thanks a lot to Ana Maria, Bernardo and Sebastián, I felt at home, the hostel and people there have are charming and super gentle

excellent hostel.. really worthy it a try.

Nothing to complain. I had an excellent stay and everytime I need a hostel in Rio I will go back there

The only problem is that you can't wash your clothes here. You have to use their laundry service 30 reais for a bag. Other than that it's a nice place with friendly staff and good facilities.

Had to pay 10 reals to leave bag there the day of checkout. Staff friendly and helpful for information and activities. Good breakfast and kitchen facilities. Nice chill out areas. Not in main tourist areas but very easy to get to via bus or metro.

Dear Briar, Thank you for taking time to write a review.

Great hostel. The location is quite convenient to the attractions in Rio, but a bit far from the center. Staff is helpful and the place is clean overall. WiFi is a little bit slow though. Otherwise, recommended.

Dear Adi, We are close to the beaches and the downtown in Rio will be far from any of the best places to stay in Rio that's why we are located close to the metro which will take you to places in downtown in a 5 minutes ride. Wi-fi issue is already fixed. Next time do not hesitate to inform reception so that we can help you right away. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

We were really happy to find a special offer for this nice hostel on hostelworld. The staff was friendly, the breakfast good and the bunk bed quite comfortable. The hall on thee ground floor smelled like a wet dog, but the rest of the hostel was OK.

Dear Laura, Thank you for your review. Our cleaners are working 24hs per day, 7 days per week to make sure the hostel is clenead properly. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

Good breakfast; lots of choice for everyone. Likewise, the bar in the evening is good value. My first impression of the hostel was the smell of dog pee, which permeated the downstairs, where Charlie the dog wanders freely. It smelt worse in the area where we were meant to keep our bags until check-in, which I found concerning. The rooms themselves were clean enough. The staff were not particularly amicable, welcoming or helpful.

Great hostel. Unfortunately it's not very close to the famous beaches as I expected. It is easy to get to then by bus though

Very good hostel. It's near the subway and the Botafogo's beach. The staff is very polite and neighborhodd is secure. It's VERY CLEAN and they have cable TV, big kitchen and confortable beds. I think it's one of the best value for money in Rio de Janeiro.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7