Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Rua Guilhermina Guinle 95, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

The staff is great but you need lockers in each room. When you are 15-bed rooms and only 10-15 lockers for the whole hostel, that's not enough. The ladders on the triple bunk beds are hard to climb. The breakfast could use some variety from day to day. It is the same thing everyday.

I was there for 7 nights during the World Cup and it meant the atmosphere amongst fans was good. The breakfast is basic but good, and the room was clean and maintained despite a lot of people coming and going. The day trips were good too. The only bad thing was that it seemed the hostel had put extra beds in to cater for the World Cup, and these were not the most sturdy, as the top bunk next to me collapsed onto the bottom whilst someone was sleeping. I would recommend this hostel. I

The bunk beds are awfull, specially the top ones. They are moving and cracking as soon as someone move a little bit.

• 24th Jun 2014

Dear Julien, Thank you for letting us know. We will fix this issue right now. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel

Facilities were dirty and under maintained. Staff was very friendly though for the most part.

• 18th Jun 2014

Really enjoyed my stay here. The view from the terrace is great, looking back over Ipanema beach. Breakfast was excellent as well, with bread so fresh it was still warm, ham, cheese, jam and fresh fruit. The owner is nice and really laid back. It's a bit of a trek to get to Copacabana or Lapa but buses leave regularly from the bottom of the hill. Room a bit cramped but apart from that it was great.

Great location,lobby was beautiful! the staff were great, but a little stressed because they seemed too understaffed to handle the world cup crowd. also, the beds are triple bunks…and didn't feel very safe :/ but besides that great!

Dear Emma, Thanks for your review. Our beds will be improved for our guest's comfort. Regards, Beach Backpackers Hostel Team

I booked a 6-bed dorm and they put extra beds in the room to make it 8 bed. There is not much room to leave your things securely.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Bulgaria

The beds in the rooms are so crowded stacked like a sardines,toilets have issues with water presure and rooms and halls could use a makeover.Ground flor with reception,kitchen etc is quite O.K.,staff members are polite.

• 9th Jun 2014
  • Croatia

The staff were nice except one wose name was Fredriko! He always seems to be angry, he talked in a bad way and he didn't respect the guests! The other receptions were nice. We had a private room but the toilet didn't had soap! and when I asked they told me to use other toilet for soap on the other side of the hostel! they ask for money for every single thing! and not in a nice way! I will try to find another hostel next time!

Dear Sahar, We are a Hostel and yes, if you need something which is not offered by the hostel as a free facility, you will have to pay for it. Everything in the hostel is free, even the filtered water. If you need anything extra such as tours or cocktails there is a price for it simply because we are not a charity house. Federico is a very nice receptionist and goes all the way to meet the guests needs. It is not our obligation to offer personal cleaning stuff such as soap for your shower.

The hostel was in a good location of Botafogo however I booked for a 12 person dorm and was given a 15 person dorm. The hostel was clearly out to make money over the world cup period because we were charge for everything... credit card payments, when friends moved elsewhere and said we could have their reservation for the night etc. Cleanliness wasn't that great either - bed bugs! The place was being exterminated on the second day but they wanted us to keep the old sheets to use again!Go figure?

The room was very small! 12 bunkbeds and no space to put your backpack. Beds was not that comfy eigther. No tourdisk. Staff was very nice!

Really enjoyed our stay - thanks!

We stayed in the 15-dorm. Defnitely too many people for one room (3 beds on top of each other - hard to climb up to the upper ones, must be afraid to fall down, smelly dirty, no power, no lights,...) maybe the smaller rooms are better. The common area is quite nice, breakfast also. It was just the room we didn´t like, didn´t feel comfortable.

Nice homely hostel in with a friendly atmosphere and excellent staff , always looking to help and give suggestions on where to go and what to do! Great location close to the metro in Botafogo, a safe area of Rio.There is a spacious communal area making it an easy place to meet other people.Unfortunately they we're refurbing the downstairs for the World Cup while I was there but I still enjoyed my stay.

Looking for a hostel in Rio the 1-st you should keep in mind - safety location (it's really important). This hostel is ok, can recommend.

Really friendly staff, well stocked kitchen facilities, and in the excellent region of botafogo!

• 9th May 2014

Offers the pretty BASIC.

• 7th May 2014

good location and staff made me feel at home. My room was clean and the kitchen is very spacious

• 3rd May 2014

The 15 bed dorm has three stacked beds...tricky to maneuver. It's in the center which is nice but it's pretty quiet where it is. A nice place to relax and socialize.

Lugar de excelente localização (Botafogo), perto do metrô, ambiência agradável, funcionários muito legais e prestativos, mas para quem tem mais de 1,85m, não há espaço suficiente na cama, que além de pequena, está em mau estado, infelizmente. Very good placed (Botafogo), close to the metro, nice ambience, workers very friendly. The problem: if you have more than 1,85m, the bed will not fit you. Beyond that, the bed is in a bad state of conservation.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7