Beach Backpackers Hostel Rio de Janeiro

Rating 790 Total Reviews

• Brazil, Male, 25-30
21st Apr 2017
3.1

Dirty place and unprepared staff. Water droping in the hall and only one useful bathroom

Staff was already fired and new team is on charge! Sorry about these issues

25th Mar 2017
5.7

I stayed here cause I was really broke! But the only good thing was pretty much the location, close to metro, good restaurants and beach, but some of the staff were creepy and girl chasers... Something that annoyed me a lot was the constant lack of wifi, maybe the provider was too busy due to the number of people, so if you need the net hmmm good luck!

Wifi is free and available 24hs at high speed. Our staff is 80% gay and VERY FRIENDLY so it is almost impossible to be creepy and girl chasers. Sorry Honey!

• England, Couple, 18-24
4th Mar 2017
7.4

After reading many bad reviews, I was a little apprehensive about staying here. We arrived before the check-in time and were allowed to leave our bags and use the bathrooms, which was very helpful. The communal areas are spacious and light, however our double room was absolutely tiny. The breakfast was decent and there is a large kitchen you can use. The staff were okay, not massively friendly. Overall, good value for money.

Thank you so much for your fair review!

• Israel, Couple, 18-24
2nd Mar 2017
2.9

The price of this hostel may be attractive, but don't let that blind you into booking this atrocious place. The hostel in infested with bed bugs and the staff does not give a single damn. I slept there for two nights and ended up bitten all over my body. The staff (none of whom speak a single word of English) treated me like shit and did not offer any compensation. I ended up leaving after two nights, having booked four, and I was not refunded. Not worth the misery!

The Hostel does not have bedbugs and we are fumigated monthly by the best company in Rio. Our staff speaks english, french, spanish and portuguese. Probably you are a trouble guest!