Beach Hostel La Rocca Brasil Reviews

Praça 10A. Centro, Porto de Galinhas, Brazil

If I ever come back to Porto, I will make sure to stay at la Rocca. The best staff I have ever seen, great place with an amazing athmosphere.

Great location and good hang out spot around the pool. The wifi didn't work the whole time we were there and as we use the internet to make future bookings/plans we left a day early to a hostel which did have wifi.

Good location, 10 minutes to the beach. Good staff speak good english and recommend us activities.

This place was awesome! The staff are the biggest legends I have met in Brazil - would love to stay again soon!

The hostel has good common áreas and is great for meeting people, but the rooms are not good at all. The ventilation is very poor and had a weird smell. The fee for prívate rooms is way above market, and considering the condition of the rooms, not worth the price at all. Prices for snacks, beer, and caipirinhas are good, but there is no free drinkable water. In every other hostel we experienced in Brasil, free filtered water was provided to guests.

Bathroom lights didn't work. No ladder to get down from top bunk. Rooms overcrowded with bunks. Great location close to everything including the beach. Outdoor space is nice and relaxing.

The location of hostel is very good, the breakfast is great and the tour offered on the desk is the same price offered outside.... so, you can book directly on the hostel .

“El lugar queda cerca de la playa y la gente del hostel es muy atenta y siempre que necesites algo te dan una mano, super recomendable”

This hostel was pretty good.. Good location, close to the main street, and super close to the beach. The pool was a bit dingy, but they did clean it regularly. The dorms and bathrooms were pretty old and could probably use a solid strip cleaning, but nothing that will gross out seasoned backpackers. Plenty of hammocks and chilling areas, and the breakfast in the morning was good. Didn't talk to the staff much, but they seemed nice enough. Overall, I would recommend this hostel.

Excellent place, good atmosphere, it was like a family for me while I stayed there. The only con about it is that I will miss them so much!

Lots of bugs in the room, pool not working

Once in a lifetime experience! Not only for the amazing city where the hostel is located (very well located by the way), but specially the awesome staff with the coolest people ever seen. A must stay place in Porto de Galinhas. Thank you guys, for everything!

• 12th May 2013

The hostel is particularly dirty. Few bathrooms for all the occupants, and the shower was completely clogged. One of the guests repaired it! Of all the crew, only Sebastian was helpful. They lack of touristic information at the front desk (not even a map of the city) and are not very keen on giving directions. Poor breakfast, not cold drinks (not even water) and last day they ran out of butter. The answer was "there's no more". The swimming pool looked great, guess is the best they have.

This place is very dirty, the staff and the owner don´t care less for the guests. The breakfast is very bad, the swimpool is very dirty. Anyways, it was the worst hostel I have stayed in my whole life.

Generally Porto due Galinhas is overpriced and this hostel is no exception. Having been to similar resorts such as Pipa you will get much better value for money and cheaper accommodation options. The rooms are very basic, not the cleanest and the whole place is in need of refurbishment.

Very dirty hostel, never seen such terrible toilets in my life; rooms were very untidy and dirty as well. the price we were asked was totally unfair. the staff is absolutely not professional. I will never go back there

The hostel is not recommended! I had booked four nights, but problems on my flight I had to change my booking five nights for two nights .... the staff told me that I had five nights and had an obligation to pay five nights, amazing! The team did not let me stay if he did not pay the five nights .... in short, I had to find another hostel at 23 pm ... was horrible.

• 10th Dec 2012

This hostel was a home away from home for me. A well stocked kitchen, the most helpful staff, a pool, hammocks, and all within a few blocks from the beach. Cannot recommend it enough!

Good hostel for meeting people. They organized a dinner one night while I was there, where we got to know other guests. The room was relatively good, but the bathroom was very small and not that clean as it could be. The breakfast was not that good either, although they offered various fruits. Other than this, the hints the staff gave were not that good.

La Rocca is a simple but nice hostel, located near the centre of town an close to the beach. Despite other reviews I must say that the staff is very, very helpfull. When hacing some troubles to be solved, they took an hour + on the telephone to deal with it. The speak Spanish and English also. Value for money and more !!!!

View all Porto de Galinhas Hostels