Beach Hostel Reviews

Viska 9, Split, Croatia

I really enjoyed my stay. A very "homey" enviroment and Ladybird is the epitome of hospitality. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Split. The porch for smokers is great!

• 24th Oct 2014

Really lovely hostel and the hostess, Ladybird, is so cool. You could contribute to the artwork on the walls and canvases and there was a nice outside space for chilling. Fairly small kitchen but good sized rooms.

Great atmosphere, with nice and helpfull ladybird!

Short walk to the beach and far enough away from downtown so you're not bothered by late night party noise. Very cosy place and nice atmosphere to meet people. Beds are clean and comfortable. The kitchen cold use a few more cooking tools (can opener for instance) but it has all the basics and at least there is one! Ladybird is a delight and will always make you smile an laugh. Hope to return again soon.

Loved the location of the hostel, much better to stay by the beach than in the town! Friendly helpful hostess. Clean. Kitchen is tiny so we just ate out (and got free crepes for saying we were staying at beach hostel-yum). Only complaint was the bed we stayed in was so creaky! Everything else more than made up for it though.

Ladybird is the coolest!

Great hostel, perfect for a relaxing stay in Split. Really close to the beach and a short walk from the old town. Very clean, good facilities, free tea and coffee and both beach and bath towels provided free of charge, very helpful staff - she gave us lots of info and booked us on a great tour to Krka national park. Would definitely recommend it.

Ladybird who runs the everyday of the hostel is an amazing person, extremely helpful and very passionate about Croatia so listen to her when she's telling you about Split. The hostel is also extremely close to the best beach in split which is where I spent most if my time.

Very lovely lady who runs it. Very welcoming, 2 min walk to the water, highly recommended.

• 20th Sep 2014

The host, Ladybird, is very friendly. The place is great with a nice terrace (but no view), a living room and a kitchen (which unfortunately is very small). Curfew at 11.

WE DO NOT HAVE CURFEW!! You get your own key :o) Just quiet time in the house from 23:00 o'clock Big hug, Ladybird

Best Hostel of our trip for sure. Met some crazy people and ladybird(owner) is an amazing person. i also liked the fact you could paint on the walls outside and on wooden plates. The pikachu is mine :)

Just a great hostel! Ladybird makes everything to keep the right atmosphere and it's really a place you want to come back to.

This is a great hostel in a great location. My girlfriend and I stayed here for three nights and it was exactly what we needed. "Lady Bird" the host, was very helpful. The hostel is clean and has a very fun atmosphere about it. It is not a party hostel, so if that's what you are looking for, go somewhere else. It is a very fun hostel though, with artwork everywhere. While there, I helped paint the background of a very cool picture. It was a great experience and hope to be back sometime.

Amazing hostel. Best I stayed in on my three weeks in Croatia. Extremely accommodating staff and very clean. Great location. Rooms and beds are larger than usual. Stayed a few extra nights because it was so nice!

• 15th Sep 2014

A lovely hostel, I stayed in 4 different hostels during my travels in Croatia and this was the best one. Perfect balance of being able to meet people if you want to but also being able to find a quiet space quite easily.

Ladybird is absolutely lovely and will make you feel very at home. Great place to go if you want to sleep and chill. The 11pm curfew is pretty enforced and you will get kicked out past 11. Not the place to go if you want to party.

We really enjoyed our stay in Beach Hostel, our host was very warm and accommodating. The hostel is a short walk from the city centre as well as a short walk from the beach. Very relaxed atmosphere, but also plenty of friendly people about should you want to meet people and go out. Lovely people, lovely hostel.

We stayed in the beach hostel for 5 nights. The hostel is very clean and cosy. Ladybird is a very friendly person who helps her guests wherever she can. In the hostel were a lot of young travelers who likes to go out. It was fun to meet them all. If we are going back to split one day, we will definitely stay again in the beach hostel.

The owner is nice. The room was decent. The beach is a 5 minute walk away. This hostel's info says that the main bus stop is a 7 minute walk - it's actually 15 minutes of an uphill walk. Had I known this, I wouldn't have carried my 50 lbs luggage from the bus stop to the hostel. The hostel got too loud at times. But I love the location - only locals around.

Such a nice hostel! Ladybird is awesome and very friendly and helpful! Everything is so clean and there is a really good atmosphere here! Pretty cool you can paint on the walls and there are a bunch of guitars laying out everywhere. Very easy to meet people here if traveling alone! Would definitely recommend and would stay here again!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4