Superb 990 Total Reviews
Superb 990 Total Reviews
Beach Hostel Located at Viska 9, , Split.
Croatia
Split 21000 Viska 9
91% 990
43.5033205 16.4498805
    Rooms available

• Australia, Female, 31-40
28th Oct 2016
6.6

The hostel is s 20 minute uphill walk from the bus terminal, not 7 as the directions suggest! The host was too busy finishing her coffee and cigarette to check in the 5 of us waiting. Locker was in a different room to my bed. I did appreciated the flexible checkout time, despite the host being nowhere and not answering the buzzer. This hostel will be great for people who want to sit and solve the worlds theoretical problems, but if you want to have adventures in Split, stay somewhere else.

I*m sorry you did not feel welcome!! I was a bit stressed at the moment and just needed to came my self for a few minutes so I could focus properly on you. We were closing for the season in a few days and as I explained. I was changing some of the rooms for next season and sins my flight was in 4 days I had to start a few of the changes before i left. I promise all rooms with lockers, reading lights etc. will be in place for opening in April. The hostel is only 7-10 minutes from the station but because of some road work the last week, our description was wrong. The description and time is correct for next season. About the buzzer. I*m sorry I forgot to put up note about where to find me. I told everyone I could see and did not think that some might miss getting the message. I am available 24/7 I*m sorry for the 2 hours you could not find me? About adventure and fun. You came totally of season with only few guests left in the house who mostly wanted to rest after lots of traveling and adventures, most tours and clubs closed. I don*t know what you expected? Big hug Ladybird

• Australia, Female, 41+
24th Oct 2016

I knew it was a shared dorm, no problem, but not keen on a shared bathroom where you step out of the shower and into a room that could be occupied by anyone else. The actual shower space was extremely small. Friendly host and close to town. Directions need updating if you are coming from the train or bus stations as there is currently a closed road so access is not possible that way.

Hei :o) The bathroom is only shared if you do not lock the door, so why did you not lock the door while showering? We have not changed the directions sins we are last day open for the season today, and I did not realize they had closed at first.The directions are good for when we open again in April :o) I wish you all a Magical winter!! Big hug, Ladybird

• Singapore, Male, 25-30
22nd Oct 2016

Very cosy and sociable hostel and met great people there. Thanks ladybird for her hospitality.

• Australia, Female, 18-24
  • Globetrotter
20th Oct 2016

its a pretty small hostel so it was easy to meet people. location is in a residential area near the beach and takes about 15 mins to walk to town, its really close to the supermarket which is great! ladybird is lovely and I had a great time at this hostel

15th Oct 2016

Ladybird is wonderfully kind and helpful. The rooms are rather funky with all the art decor. 5 minute walk from the best beach, and 15 minutes from the old town. Fantastic location.

12th Oct 2016

Ladybird, what a sweetheart!! Probably one of the most positive hostel experiences I've had so far. She really dedicates all of her energy to her guests and making the hostel comfortable. If I come back to split, 100% staying here. Beach was close, supermarket two blocks down. Quiet hours from 11pm on but that was fine as we all just went to the bars then! Ladybird is the best, stay here if you want a small fam-vibe of a place :)

• Australia, Male, 18-24
10th Oct 2016

Little bit away from old town but close to a beach so that's fine. The owners amazing really makes you feel at home and is happy to suggest places to go. Would recommend.

7th Oct 2016

I would really like to know what this hostel is like is in Peak Season because the location is phenomenal. I was there towards the tail end it was still great. The Communal area is great. Ladybird, the manager, a traveller herself, knows how to cater to fellow travellers. They have "free bins" which are usually various items that people donate such as toiletries, sun block, etc which is such a good idea I cant believe I had not seen it before. The hostel is a bit arty and is a great atmosphere

• England, Female, 18-24
1st Oct 2016

Not a party hostel just to make that clear, you can't be in the common room past 11pm - it is a super social hostel though as it is so small, v cute with all these quotes painted on the walls from backpackers (defo add your own), this hostel is perfect location (2 mins from beach, maybe 10 into Old Town) - showers are either freezing or hot depending on when you time yours for (morning probs best) and there is no dryer for laundry, kitchen is basic, beds are comfy but most rooms aren't ensuite

Hei :o) Thank you for your comment. I'm sorry about the missing hot water. We have showers with different tanks and usually no problem about hot water. We had a leak in the pipes in one of the showers so we had to close it for about a week (Workers in Croatia not easy to find for small jobs) Showers are all open now so we have plenty of hot water. Big hug Ladybird ;o)

• Australia, Male, 25-30
29th Sep 2016
6.3

A quiet hostel in an apartment building. The place was very clean, the staff good, but this place really lacked space and atmosphere when we visited. Common room is small and cramped and the kitchen only fits half a human being.