Beach Hostel Reviews

Viska 9, Split, Croatia

You will feel really welcome in this hostel. Clean roons with big lockers.

I only stayed at Beach Hostel for one night, but I had a really great time and I met a lot of other travelers. Ladybird is an excellent host, and she really makes you feel like you're a guest in her home. This is not a good choice if you want to party, as the quiet hours are firmly enforced, but this is a great place to stay if you're looking to meet some wonderful people!

We had a lovely time at Beach Hostel. The location is perfect, the patio is a great place to meet people, and I love having lockers in the room. Ladybird is so wonderful, and staying at Beach Hostel felt very comfortable. I would absolutely recommend this hostel!

Ladybird is the best she makes you feel like you're at home. Location is great. Perfect for a night in Split. Thanks for everything!

My stay at Beach Hostel was absolutely the best hostel experience I've ever had. Ladybird is a goddess and does a fantastic job advising on things to do and building a sense of community. It's cheap and small so you get to know other travelers and I met many people I continued to travel with there. Very comfortable with a small kitchen to cook meals in and great balcony area outside. Absolutely the only place I'd recommend staying at in Split.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in out of 50 days of backpacking Europe! Ladybird is amazing!!

This was my very first hostel experience and it was really good, Ladybird who runs the place is the loveliest person and makes you feel at home as soon as you walk in and is more than willing to answer any questions you have. You can tell she is proud of what she does and she can't help but make you feel happy. It's a good atmosphere very relaxed and chilled out and the paintings everywhere are inspirational and just make it that bit more personal. I will definitely be returning sometime.

This hostel was amazing. Very safe and I felt secure leaving my belongings in the locker. Lady bird was awesome, very sweet and always willing to help with whatever you needed. We enjoyed our stay here.

• 6th May 2015

Ladybird is a fantastic host and really went above and beyond to help me when I was in a jam! My stay wouldn't of been the same without her!!! xo

Beach Hostel was one of the best hostels I have stayed at in Europe during my entire semester abroad. Ladybird helps you with whatever you need and has great connections and resources for excursions and dining! The atmosphere is great- everyone in the hostel spent time talking, eating, or going to the beach together. I would recommend this hostel to any of my friends or family and will most likely come back again the next time I travel to Croatia!

Had such a good time I extended my stay there by several days.

• 4th May 2015

I wish I'd had more time in Split! Beach Hostel was great place to stay, good location. Was easy to meet other travellers in the terrace, which was for me as a solo traveller great. Ladybird is awesome host. Def stay again if I return to Split! :)

Ladybird is the coolest person in the world and also the nicest. Whatever you need, just ask, she is super accommodating.

Really awesome hostel. Great homey vibe. Definitely not a party hostel but an awesome place to stay.

I couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. The hostel definitely made my trip to Croatia comfortable, easy relaxed and enjoyable. Ladybird is such a gem and I will definitely recommend and come back!

Stayed here one night but didn't really enjoy the experience for a number of reasons. 1. Hostel is very small and cramped, you can barely move in places including the tiny/smelly bathrooms (there are no photos of rooms on website for a reason it seems). Beds were even a bit small like they were for a child. 2. A potentially good Hostel atmosphere was ruined by the strictly enforced noise curfew along with host treating everyone almost like teenagers and asking them to go to bed at 11/12.

As advertised we are not a party hostel because of other residents in the building. Quiet time in the house is from 23:00 O'clock. This specific night I let you ( because of bad weather and not many options for partying in town or at the beach) stay in the common area til 24:00 but when some of you got to loud I had no choice to quiet you a couple of times. I'm very sorry to hear you felt treated like a child. Not how I see any of my guests. The mattresses is normal size or bigger.

Great stay, Ladybird was wonderful to us; welcoming and helpful-- big towels and good location :)

Really nice, very comfy bed and great pillow. We were only there for one night but it seemed like an easy place to meet other travellers. Great staff.

Beautiful place ran by a beautiful person. Feels as comfortable as home after 5 minutes.

Loved every minute that I spend at the beach hostel! Thanks for giving me a home away from home!

• 20th Apr 2015