Beach Hostel Reviews

Viska 9, Split, Croatia

Amazing hostel. Best I stayed in on my three weeks in Croatia. Extremely accommodating staff and very clean. Great location. Rooms and beds are larger than usual. Stayed a few extra nights because it was so nice!

• 15th Sep 2014

Ladybird is absolutely lovely and will make you feel very at home. Great place to go if you want to sleep and chill. The 11pm curfew is pretty enforced and you will get kicked out past 11. Not the place to go if you want to party.

We really enjoyed our stay in Beach Hostel, our host was very warm and accommodating. The hostel is a short walk from the city centre as well as a short walk from the beach. Very relaxed atmosphere, but also plenty of friendly people about should you want to meet people and go out. Lovely people, lovely hostel.

We stayed in the beach hostel for 5 nights. The hostel is very clean and cosy. Ladybird is a very friendly person who helps her guests wherever she can. In the hostel were a lot of young travelers who likes to go out. It was fun to meet them all. If we are going back to split one day, we will definitely stay again in the beach hostel.

The owner is nice. The room was decent. The beach is a 5 minute walk away. This hostel's info says that the main bus stop is a 7 minute walk - it's actually 15 minutes of an uphill walk. Had I known this, I wouldn't have carried my 50 lbs luggage from the bus stop to the hostel. The hostel got too loud at times. But I love the location - only locals around.

Such a nice hostel! Ladybird is awesome and very friendly and helpful! Everything is so clean and there is a really good atmosphere here! Pretty cool you can paint on the walls and there are a bunch of guitars laying out everywhere. Very easy to meet people here if traveling alone! Would definitely recommend and would stay here again!

This place was quite nice. There were more groups than solo travelers, so it was difficult to meet people. Bathrooms were plentiful and the free coffee was nice...

This is a fantastic hostel - wish I could have stayed for more than one night. Hostess (ladybird?) was very welcoming, and the place has a great atmosphere about it with a common area/garden and artwork all over the walls. Good place to meet other travellers. Dorms and bathrooms are spotless and the kitchen is very handy. The place is also just a pleasant 10 minute walk from the old town and even less time to get to the beach. Highly recommended!

Never checked in but ladybird was soooo friendly that I regret it. I dropped off my bag and picked it up next day, missed out

The location is in a neighborhood, about a 5 minute walk to the beach, but more like 15 minutes to old town. It had a chilled out atmosphere, definitely not a party atmosphere. It is relatively close to the clubs but if you are going out you would want to start at the bars in old town anyway. I had a good time because I met some awesome people at the hostel to hang with. The hostel is clean and its run by a hippie-ish lady who let's everyone paint on the walls which is pretty cool.

Lovely place, lovely owner!

Silent time at 11pm, no drinking after that, very strict

• 25th Aug 2014

We had booked and paid for a private with an Ensuite, when we arrived we were told they had never heard of an 'Ensuite' and when presented with the booking confirmation she just shrugged, this hostel has NO ensuites so take note! Also they took a deposit for keys and if you checked out early 'lady bird' as she called herself, wasn't available to give you back your deposit of 100 kuna (20$ CAD) was disappointed in the staff..

??? I was in the house: If you had told me you were leaving early in advance or rang the doorbell when you wanted to check out, like I told you; I would have come to the desk and given you the deposit. About the rooms; Please read description of rooms before booking them. We specify shared bathrooms. Big hug, Ladybird

The way this hostel was advertisedi expected it to be right on the beach, It is a few minutes walk away. Good hostel. very 'cozy'

As advertised; " If you read description of our Hostel"; We specify that we are not at the beach but very close ( 2 minute walk down the street) ;o) Big hug Ladybird

Ladybird was very accomodating and got along with everyone really well. Location is right beside the only sandy beach but a bit of a walk from bus station. Would recommend for a pair of travellers not so much solo travellers.

This place was cool, very chilled out, and you can paint.

Great location, very clean and comfy! Lady Bird is the best hostess ever!

Its a little too cramped for my tastes. Both the rooms and bathrooms are very small. Lacks atmosphere. Very hard to find. There are much better options in Split.

All round lovely place. Nothing flash just a simple ditch the bags and go exploring kind of hostel. Could use some aircon on those hot nights rather than a fan though.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4