Beach Inns Reviews

Beach Road, Madiha, Matara, Sri Lanka

The staff are really helpful and friendly here. The guest house is right on the beach which can be noisy due to the waves, but the beach itself is pretty deserted. The wifi is the only downfall. It doesn't work very well in the rooms and is a bit slow sometimes in the lobby but I didn't come to Sri Lanka for the wifi. The hotel also offers trips and excursions such as diving which I didn't get to take advantage of because of the time of year.

Nice friendly staff, fantastic location!

Such a lovely stay at this hotel, the staff were amazing and super kind. I had a lovely clean room, the private beach is relaxing, the food us very tasty and I couldn't really fault the hotel! Definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to stay in Matara near to Polhena beach and not far from Mirissa either. After staying in Mirissa as well I wish I stayed here and just travelled to Mirissa instead.

The hotel is located in a good quiet area right on a lovely small beach. Its only 300 rupees to get a tuk tuk into town and the hotel makes a great base to visit the other coastal towns and beaches. The room was very clean and spacious and there's a restaurant where you can buy breakfast and evening meals. The staff were all very friendly and helpful and I would very strongly recommend the hotel. Thank you for a lovely stay

Overpriced offer in the restaurant comparing with the competiotion in the neighbourhood. No chairs in the room. No hot water in the bathroom. No clothes -rack.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Latvia

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and having originally only booked 3 nights ended up staying for the whole of our holiday. Indika and Fiona made us very welcome and nothing was too much trouble. We enjoyed our massage in a beautiful garden recommended by the hotel and also did a boat safari around Koggala lake and saw a real crocodile and hoards of fruit bats. A wonderful location where we felt at home and relaxed as soon as we arrived. Unspoilt and beautiful.

• 22nd Feb 2014

A great place to stay! The location is suberb, right on the beach, very beautiful:) The food there is really good also. It is outside of Matara town but it is easy to get a tuk tuk, they have bicycles and scooters for hire and the walk isn't to bad. My sister was hurt whilst in Matata and the owners went above and beyond to help us out. Would most definitely stay again! Beautiful part of the world.

View all Matara Bed and Breakfasts