Beach Monkey @ Negombo Reviews

305/1/1, Lewis Place, Etthukala, Negombo, Sri Lanka

Laka was an amazing host - she improved what could have been an average stay in a rubbish location to something a little more enjoyable for a night's stay near the airport.

This is my second time at Beach Monkey and would definitely stay there again - perfect for on the way in or out of Sri Lanka. Always made to feel super welcome and looked after, other guests always friendly, excellent value for money!

• 18th Sep 2015

nice Hostelmommy, but like the most Asian hosts they are just after your money and try to overcharge you whenever they can. It is burning hot in the room!

The woman who works there is incredibly friendly and goes out of her way to make your stay comfortable. Just for her alone it's worth staying here! Good location in the middle of everything and nice balcony.

The lady running the hostel was such a nice, friendly and accommodating woman. She made us feel right at home, which is exactly what you need when arriving into Negombo after a day of traveling on the hot trains. Great location, near loads of restaurants and shops.

• 14th Aug 2015

Latha is a stand up chick. Can't talk her up enough. Good location, clean and sick WiFi. Would stay again yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Great value for money! Lovely spot in Negombo. Mosquito nets were provided as well as breakfast which was a plus. Laita (not too sure on spelling) looked after us well and was so friendly.

• 17th Jul 2015

Nice hostel, the lady Latha was very welcoming and helpful. The hostel was not very sociable but was ok for a stopover.

The landlady is very helpful: she is present round the clock, it seems, and I could check in immediately at around 8 a.m. after my flight. She actually put me in her own room until my bed was free but eventually she let me stay where I was for the entire two nights there. She also served us some special meal the next night (rice in coconut milk plus some sauce). A good place to stop after a flight.