Beach Monkey @ Negombo Reviews

305/1/1, Lewis Place, Etthukala, Negombo, Sri Lanka

Latha is a stand up chick. Can't talk her up enough. Good location, clean and sick WiFi. Would stay again yewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.

Great value for money! Lovely spot in Negombo. Mosquito nets were provided as well as breakfast which was a plus. Laita (not too sure on spelling) looked after us well and was so friendly.

• 17th Jul 2015

The landlady is very helpful: she is present round the clock, it seems, and I could check in immediately at around 8 a.m. after my flight. She actually put me in her own room until my bed was free but eventually she let me stay where I was for the entire two nights there. She also served us some special meal the next night (rice in coconut milk plus some sauce). A good place to stop after a flight.

Nice place to stay, convenient for a rest after you arrive/before you leave Sri Lanka. The manager is nice, basic breakfast is provided. Wifi is slow and the dorm has no door that could be locked. Be sure to note down the location because no tuktuk drivers know this place.

Great location, almost on the beach. I think its one of the cheapest places around here and breakfast is also included in price. Its small but very cosy. We really liked it!

I used Monkey Beach for a few hours prior to a late night flight out of Colombo. Perfect for a walk on the beach, stowed luggage, nap and shower. Myriad restaurants nearby and beer shop downstairs. Tuktuk less than 30 minutes to the airport.