Beach Monkey @ Negombo Reviews

305/1/1, Lewis Place, Etthukala, Negombo, Sri Lanka

The landlady is very helpful: she is present round the clock, it seems, and I could check in immediately at around 8 a.m. after my flight. She actually put me in her own room until my bed was free but eventually she let me stay where I was for the entire two nights there. She also served us some special meal the next night (rice in coconut milk plus some sauce). A good place to stop after a flight.

Nice place to stay, convenient for a rest after you arrive/before you leave Sri Lanka. The manager is nice, basic breakfast is provided. Wifi is slow and the dorm has no door that could be locked. Be sure to note down the location because no tuktuk drivers know this place.

Great location, almost on the beach. I think its one of the cheapest places around here and breakfast is also included in price. Its small but very cosy. We really liked it!

I used Monkey Beach for a few hours prior to a late night flight out of Colombo. Perfect for a walk on the beach, stowed luggage, nap and shower. Myriad restaurants nearby and beer shop downstairs. Tuktuk less than 30 minutes to the airport.

Everything is awesome, but the atmosphere is kinda dark. But everything else is simply great! The location -- near the beach. Security -- you have locker. Staff -- very helpful. Cleanliness -- nothing to talk about. Clean. Value for money -- it is very cheap. Facilities -- TV, PC, wi-fi, places to sit and talk both inside and outside.

The hostel is right next to the beach! You can see the ocean directly from this place. Also it is very cute and lovely. Viena is very friendly person.

I stayed there only 1 day, but on the way back i will come there again for sure. Negombo is the closest town to the airport, so this is the best option with this hostel. Why? Cause the lowest price with free breakfast, 20 meters to the beach, super friendly staff and other things!

Everything is great.

close to the beach ! a little bit far from city centre