Beach Monkey @Negombo Reviews

305/1/1, Lewis Place, Etthukala, Negombo, Sri Lanka

Its is nice and close to the beach but you must know that there are waves and you cant really swim. The landlady is very nice and helpful and cooks amazing meals for really cheap (300 rupees) It is a hostel so you share your room with other travelers. The only thing is that for 1000rupees (price for one night/person) tou can usualy get a double room in a home stay :)

• 21st Jul 2014
  • Slovenia

We stayed at the Beach Monkey Guesthouse only for one night and we found a very family and friendly place and guests. The owner was such a kind person making us very happy to stay there. Good breakfast. Unfortunately the beach was a bit dirty, but we had a nice impact anyway watching the locals fishing on characteristic vessels.

• 1st May 2014

Great hostel, the room sometimes is hot, and use the fan but sometimes the caretaker will turn the fan speed from 2 to 1 to save electricity and I told her that I am going to move to different hotel, and it freak her out and she promised to leave the fan speed alone. After that its all good. Very little breakfast, you are not allowed to have 2nd free egg. Caretaker can cook food for you during lunch or dinner but not free.

Indra is a great host, and a good cook too! Our favourite must be the Rs. 250 rice and curry. Lewis Place can be a bit noisy. Earplugs recommended. Beach Monkey is a great place to stay just after arriving on, and before departing from, this island as it's only Rs. 800 and 30 mins to Colombo airport and offers rooms to suit a backpacker budget.

I enjoyed 5 days at Monkey beach. The manageress was welcoming, very helpful and a great cook. The hostel was very clean and only 50 metres from the beach and shops. This is a great hostel for anyone ( like me ) who is on a tight budget. When I return to Sri Lanka, I will definitely be staying at Monkey Beach again.