Beaches Youth Hostel Reviews

Sandylane, Seamount, Gorey, Co Wexford, Wexford, Ireland

Great little place!

Given an extremely warm welcome by Marie and husband who could not do enough to ensure my stay was as comfortable and enjoyable as possible. The standard of accommodation is outstanding: high quality furnishings/facilities and very clean. Marie even lent me a bicycle for 3 days to explore the stunning coastline. Hostel is in quiet spot overlooking the sea, but close to bus stop/shops. Buses run once or twice a day to/from Gorey (=nearest town,6km) Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri, Sat. or taxi costs 8euros.

Great owners - very friendly. Immaculately clean hostel. Very happy with my stay here.

Best hostel of my trip ! Quiet place and friendly staff, perfect to relax along the sea, the beach is really nice as the hostel itself. I really enjoy ! If you come by bus or train to Gorey, it will be better to find someone to share the cost of the taxi, about 10€. But this hostel is such good that it looks like an hotel ! Nice work ;)

• 10th Aug 2013

We spent such a nice time at Beaches Youth Hostel ! Mary and her husband are so friendly and easy to communicate with ! When my boyfriend and I arrived, the double bed was not free. But, when the person left, Mary nicely agreed our changing beds. We will definitely go back there, as soon as possible ...

I would definitely put up a bigger sign. It was very difficult to find, we drove around for an hour before we finally found it.

We spent a perfect weekend in this beautiful house. Marie and her husband are very kind and lovely people. there were 4 different groups of people and all of us have our own room, nice detail. Everything was clean and the kitchen fully equipped. there is a beach just beside the house and supermarket at 2 minutes. some more places in a short walk, 5-10 minutes. I will totally return

• 12th Jul 2013
  • Spain

Thanks Marie - Great stay - looking forward to hopefully staying with you again

• 4th Jul 2013

a lovely quiet place (small village, nice harbor), 5 min walk down to the beach. difficult to get there by public transposition, take a cab from Gorey (nice shopping street).

Great place! 5 min walk to the beach, great atmoshere, very clean and quiet. We could enjoy every minute and relax!

• 1st Jun 2013
  • Poland

Owners are so nice and friendly, Marie even drove us back to the station on our last day. About 5 min from both beach and grocery store; clean and comfy house with a nice atmosphere. good value for money. would definitely recommend it!