9.2
Superb 260 Total Reviews
9.2
Superb 260 Total Reviews
Beachside Backpackers Located at 40 Church Street, , Port Macquarie.
Australia
Port Macquarie New South Wales 2444 40 Church Street
92% 260
-31.4319770 152.9143023
    Rooms available

• England, Female, 18-24
22nd Jul 2016

I only stayed here for a few days but was made to feel so welcome! Really safe, clean and great facilities. Such a cool group of people and an awesome vibe here I can't recommend it highly enough- wish I could have stayed here for a few more days! Cheers guys :)

• England, Male, 18-24
21st Jul 2016

Already miss this place, only stayed for 2 nights but after a few hours I already felt like part of the family, must return at some point, chilled vibe and brilliant place

• OzMichael
  • Australia, Male, 31-40
14th Jul 2016

Awesome place for chilling out and meeting fellow travellers, really laid-back vibe to the whole place. You can tell the owner understands the needs and desires of the guests. The staff are just great, especially the lovely Bianca 😀 I highly recommend this hostel

• Italy, Female, 25-30
11th Jul 2016

What an amazing place! As soon as I walked in I felt so welcomed by the staff and other guests, it was like a big family. Probably one of the best hostels I've stayed, open kitchen, lively common area, big room, comfy beds and the best staff ever!! I'm gonna miss you guys! Oh, and donation wine and free earplugs are a very nice touch.

17th Jun 2016
7.1

Wasn't actually much wrong with this hostel, just had kind of a weird atmosphere.. Maybe because people there had been there for a while? Not sure. Anyway room was fine and so were bathrooms. Feels very home like and sure if we'd stayed longer or socialised more (v tired after long drive & had another in the morning to do so early night!) we might have had a different opinion. Wouldn't go back though.

Hey hey, You are probably right, we are a little weird. Weird people are always the funnest.. We are usually entertaining in our oddness however. I think the night you were here all our fun staff were a little out of action due to a birthday celebration the night before; sorry team. I'm pretty sure if you had of stayed an extra night you would have an extremely different opinion of our little fun and accepting hostel.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
7th Jun 2016

Fantastic hostel. Small with great common room,kitchen pool table. Really friendly staff who make big effort. Events and cheap wine make it easy to meet people. Great location right near beach. Also bus to drop you off and pick you up for, bus station. Room was slightly cramped but lots of sockets, fastest wifi I've had in a hostel. You need to bring your own towel. Can't recommend enough

Thanks for the amazing review, the WiFi is good here, we know how important WiFi is for travelers trying to keep in touch with friends and family back home. The rooms can be a bit cramped on busy nights - we are sorry for this, we are trying to put in more cupboard space to change this. But more importantly, it was great to meet you and hopefully you are having an amazing trip. See you next time.

14th May 2016

This is the best hostel in Port Macquarie without a doubt. The place is tidy, the kitchen is well stocked and the extra services they provide are great, The staff are really friendly and they give the place a community feel that I haven't really felt in any other hostel I've stayed in. The location is great as they are right on all three beaches and due to the bus runs you can get a free lift to the shops. I'll definitely be staying here gain! 10/10

• England, Male, 25-30
6th May 2016

Amazing hostel, amazing staff. I planned to stay for a weekend and stayed for 3 weeks. The hostel is clean and comfortable, with various activities running to keep people busy, and the staff are really welcoming and friendly. I met some amazing people here including the group I have continued to travel up the coast with. Big love beachside

• England, Female, 18-24
4th May 2016

I never wanted to leave this hostel (extended my stay twice) It's in a perfect location 5 minutes walk from the beach and less than 10 minutes from the main town. The hostel itself is so homey with comfy furniture and cool artwork. The staff were all so friendly and their puppy Pella is adorable! Great fun with all the drinking games and the late checkout was very much needed the next morning! 100% reccommend to anyone looking for a good time :)

I will make sure Pella knows she got a good review by giving her a treat. It was amazing having you stay and getting to know you. And good luck with the farm work. Nic

• USA, Male, 31-40
2nd May 2016

Management team was awesome. Staff was very friendly and welcoming. Chill atmosphere. Felt like a family. Positivity abounds. Close to the beach. Leaving wasn't easy. I shall return if I'm back at Port Macs. ☺

haha positivity abounds. This makes me think of the big Lebowski - "the dude abounds." If you make it back we will drink white russian cocktails and listen to creedence tapes ;)