Beachside Backpackers Reviews

40 Church Street, Port Macquarie, Australia

Unbelievable hostel, definitely the best one I've stayen in in Aus, the staff there are amazing, there very helpful and will go out of their way to make sure you have a good time

Amazing hostel - best we have ever stayed in! Staff/owner are so great, will do anything to help and create an awesome atmosphere to meet other people. Drove us to various surf beaches and had free boards (although that may be changing). also gave pointers on how to improve surfing. Even lent us a laptop to stream F1 at 2am!! Good fast free wifi! And upgraded us for free for our last night! Just remember - it is a party hostel!! Although they do offer free ear plugs if you need a nights sleep!

So much character at this hostel! Very fun and comfortable, full kitchen, ten minute walk to the waterfront, surfing lessons, and an open, down to earth staff. Wish I had time to stay an extra night.

I stayed for one night on my drive up to Brisbane, booked at 6pm and checked in at about 10:30pm. Staff were still up and available to check me in, which was much appreciated. Cool laid back atmosphere in the big living room/kitchen space. Plenty of parking on the street. Clean bathrooms, comfortable beds, and a quiet night's sleep.

This hostel was fantastic, very relaxed atmosphere facilities were great and only a 5 minute walk from the beach. We were warmly welcomed upon arrival and met some very interesting characters. Loved the place and we are considering heading back yearly to stay again.

• 20th Nov 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Proably the best hostel I have ever stayed in. It is small with a nice familiar atmosphere. The staff is very nice and will consider every feedback you can give. You will be taken to the beach every day for a swim or surfing. In the evening we always sit together to talk and have some drinks. I enjoyed this hostel and its location so much that I decided to stay here for several more weeks. You just have to check out this hostel yourself.

• 14th Nov 2014

We loved our stay at Beachside! Friendly staff and the Giant Jenga was AWESOME!

View all Port Macquarie Hostels