Beachside Backpackers Reviews

40 Church Street, Port Macquarie, Australia

Wish I could have stayed there longer! Free Wifi, awesome staff, good surfing deals. It was my favorite hostel so far

• 16th May 2015

It's a small place which is nice as it keeps the numbers down, but the rooms really are too small. The beds & bedding were good, & it had a good chilled out vibe to it. The staff were very approachable, however their UK handyman was sexually harassing me all night & when I rejected him for the 100th time his response was to insulted me several times. The next morning he was the only staff member on duty & I had to deal with him again in order to check out.

Very friendly hostel and flexible staff. One of those hostels that is somehow naturally friendly. Great party hostel and great place to socialise and meet other backpackers.

Staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough to help out. The rooms were a little small but they were only a bed to sleep in as we were out most of the day. It is a party hostel, however we didn't want to party and still managed to get a good nights sleep as it wasn't disturbing us. Would recommend

• 25th Apr 2015

Awesome people. Great atmosphere! Super hostel :D gonna miss it!

• 29th Mar 2015

Great hostel!!

Room was too small

The best hostel I stayed in during my Australia trip so far! The place is clean, friendly and small so you get to know everyone very soon. Perfect if you are traveling alone, I made some great friends here. But the best part of this hostel is the staff!! They really make everyone feel at home and organize drinking games every night and activities during the day. Surfing for 2 hours is only 10 bucks. LOVE this hostel!

Really nice and small hostel where it is easy to meet new people. I've just been there for two nights but it was a nice stay and everybody was totally friendly. The rooms are good and they offer surfing lessons, take you to the lighthouse and do other tours with you. If you are in Port Macquarie and you're looking for a hostel, the beachside backpackers is a nice place to stay in.

This has always been one of my favourite places to stop in port macquarie. Very centralized. Short walks to all the necessities and short walks to the beaches. Beachside offers different things to do and has group activities most days as well!

Best hostel I stayed in. Everything is clean, free WiFI. The atmosphere is amazing! Because the hostel is pretty small, you get to know everyone. For me it felt like a family. Stayed for 4 night then went somewhere else but decided to come back again!

Best hostel I have stayed at!

Would definitely recommend! Great fun and helpful staff. Drove us around port Macquarie and helped us with things to do whenever we wanted. The hostel itself is cool and cosy as well with a lot of art and stuff.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Loved it. Best so far!!!

• 1st Mar 2015

We really enjoyed our stay! Good to Meet new people! Staff was funny and nice!

Great hostel with nice, laidback atmosphere, no annoying and petty rules and great staff. The honesty box for bottles of wine is something I've never seen anywhere else too. I wish I could have stayed longer. Great hostel.

it's a really nice and small hostel with a good atmosphere, everyone knows each other thanks to the nice crew and the events they organise like wine tasting and surf lessons

Amazing hostel. Probably the best I've ever been to. Small place with a friendly vibe. Really easy to meet people, amazing staff, and unbelievably fast wifi. Also an amazing location right on the beach and close to the city. Can party all night here or lay back and relax.

best backpackers to stay at in Port Macquarie

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Awesome hostel! Home away from home.

View all Port Macquarie Hostels