Beachside Backpackers Reviews

40 Church Street, Port Macquarie, Australia

Beachside Backpackers was a friendly hostel with great people and an easy going, warm atmosphere. We would definitely stay here again. The free ride to the bus in the early hours of the morning was really good and we were able to use the facilities until our bus came at 00:55. I would highly recommend this hostel for their friendly and helpful staff, excellent facilities and great location.

This hostel was fantastically friendly. We were only here for a night but it was really lovely. The staff did a great job of telling us what to see and whatnot and created a really great environment. I felt at home.

This hostel is like no other I have stayed at. The low about of beds gives you the ability to make some really special connections with people, including the staff who are extremely happy to help with all your needs and exchange stories and experiences with you. The art work and feel of this place makes you think you are in your own home and let's you be yourself. I hope after my further travels I am able to come back and stay here. Thank you to the staff for the amazing experiences!

I was only supposed to stay 1 night but have ended up staying far longer. The staff can't do enough to help you. The location in port Macquarie is very good with the town center a street away on one side and the beach a street away on the other. Port Macquarie does not have a very active nightlife other than this hostel, which means that most nights there are one or two locals who join the staff and the guests for drinking games giving it the best atmosphere of any hostel so far. Love it here

Very friendly and chill vibe.. Wish I could have stayed longer

Super cool, super chill place, perfect to hang out and make a nice stop in a nice town between busy and party nights around the east coast. Loved it. Highly recommend

Great vibe, amazing people, a place like home.

• 26th May 2015

Wish I could have stayed there longer! Free Wifi, awesome staff, good surfing deals. It was my favorite hostel so far

• 16th May 2015

It's a small place which is nice as it keeps the numbers down, but the rooms really are too small. The beds & bedding were good, & it had a good chilled out vibe to it. The staff were very approachable.

Very friendly hostel and flexible staff. One of those hostels that is somehow naturally friendly. Great party hostel and great place to socialise and meet other backpackers.

Our very first hostel we stayed at so we wasn't expecting a lot! The kitchen is fairly 'clean' for a hostel. Staff are super friendly, there was an ironman contest going on at the time so they invited everyone out so the competitors could get some rest. I lost my usb stick and Nick found it and even posted it back to the uk for us! What a legend! Only thing is they dont have lockers so stuff didn't feel safe in there. Overall a decent short stay and i would deffo stay again! Thank you guys!

Staff were really friendly and couldn't do enough to help out. The rooms were a little small but they were only a bed to sleep in as we were out most of the day. It is a party hostel, however we didn't want to party and still managed to get a good nights sleep as it wasn't disturbing us. Would recommend

• 25th Apr 2015

Awesome people. Great atmosphere! Super hostel :D gonna miss it!

• 29th Mar 2015

Great hostel!!

Room was too small

The best hostel I stayed in during my Australia trip so far! The place is clean, friendly and small so you get to know everyone very soon. Perfect if you are traveling alone, I made some great friends here. But the best part of this hostel is the staff!! They really make everyone feel at home and organize drinking games every night and activities during the day. Surfing for 2 hours is only 10 bucks. LOVE this hostel!

Really nice and small hostel where it is easy to meet new people. I've just been there for two nights but it was a nice stay and everybody was totally friendly. The rooms are good and they offer surfing lessons, take you to the lighthouse and do other tours with you. If you are in Port Macquarie and you're looking for a hostel, the beachside backpackers is a nice place to stay in.

This has always been one of my favourite places to stop in port macquarie. Very centralized. Short walks to all the necessities and short walks to the beaches. Beachside offers different things to do and has group activities most days as well!

Best hostel I stayed in. Everything is clean, free WiFI. The atmosphere is amazing! Because the hostel is pretty small, you get to know everyone. For me it felt like a family. Stayed for 4 night then went somewhere else but decided to come back again!

Best hostel I have stayed at!

View all Port Macquarie Hostels