Beachside Backpackers Reviews

40 Church Street, Port Macquarie, Australia

Room was too small

The best hostel I stayed in during my Australia trip so far! The place is clean, friendly and small so you get to know everyone very soon. Perfect if you are traveling alone, I made some great friends here. But the best part of this hostel is the staff!! They really make everyone feel at home and organize drinking games every night and activities during the day. Surfing for 2 hours is only 10 bucks. LOVE this hostel!

Really nice and small hostel where it is easy to meet new people. I've just been there for two nights but it was a nice stay and everybody was totally friendly. The rooms are good and they offer surfing lessons, take you to the lighthouse and do other tours with you. If you are in Port Macquarie and you're looking for a hostel, the beachside backpackers is a nice place to stay in.

This has always been one of my favourite places to stop in port macquarie. Very centralized. Short walks to all the necessities and short walks to the beaches. Beachside offers different things to do and has group activities most days as well!

Best hostel I stayed in. Everything is clean, free WiFI. The atmosphere is amazing! Because the hostel is pretty small, you get to know everyone. For me it felt like a family. Stayed for 4 night then went somewhere else but decided to come back again!

Best hostel I have stayed at!

Would definitely recommend! Great fun and helpful staff. Drove us around port Macquarie and helped us with things to do whenever we wanted. The hostel itself is cool and cosy as well with a lot of art and stuff.

• 3rd Mar 2015
  • Sweden

Loved it. Best so far!!!

• 1st Mar 2015

We really enjoyed our stay! Good to Meet new people! Staff was funny and nice!

Great hostel with nice, laidback atmosphere, no annoying and petty rules and great staff. The honesty box for bottles of wine is something I've never seen anywhere else too. I wish I could have stayed longer. Great hostel.

it's a really nice and small hostel with a good atmosphere, everyone knows each other thanks to the nice crew and the events they organise like wine tasting and surf lessons

Amazing hostel. Probably the best I've ever been to. Small place with a friendly vibe. Really easy to meet people, amazing staff, and unbelievably fast wifi. Also an amazing location right on the beach and close to the city. Can party all night here or lay back and relax.

best backpackers to stay at in Port Macquarie

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Awesome hostel! Home away from home.

We had an awesome stay and some crazy nights at Beachside Backpackers! Staff is awesome, Hostel is very artsy/chilled... We loved it, it was something a little different!

• 28th Jan 2015

Staff were super friendly and the atmosphere seemed great for people partying...not so much for anybody needing sleep, but hey....silly me for booking a room in a hostel when I actually required a restful nights sleep. The screaming of the neighbour at 3am was also unfortunate, as was the boy who slept in our girls dorm. But for $30 I wont loose any more sleep over it!

• 28th Jan 2015

The hostel had lots of character, from the surfboard seat at the internet terminal, to the wall paintings. Also, not being a YHA, you can relax and have a drink, but everyone keeps noise level at a respectable volume (it's not too loud). Free coffee, baggage storage, internet use, and a book swap, all great... this was just an all around cool hostel, not out to charge for every little thing, like some standard hostels.

The best hostel we've stayed in so far in Australia! Booked in for 4 nights but extended twice and stayed for 7. The atmosphere is really good and there's always a party going on no matter what day of the week it is. We would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to meet new people and have a good time!

Great little hostel. Great atmosphere and very helpful and fun staff! Not one to be missed!

This was the first hostel on my trip and they really have set the bar!! The people are great and there's always a good atmosphere around the place. Usually drinking games in the evening and cool background music playing through out the day. Playstation and movies available if you feel like chilling and surf lessons too! Great people, great place and feels like home.. looking forward to going back!

View all Port Macquarie Hostels