Beachside Backpackers Reviews

40 Church Street, Port Macquarie, Australia

We really enjoyed our stay! Good to Meet new people! Staff was funny and nice!

Great hostel with nice, laidback atmosphere, no annoying and petty rules and great staff. The honesty box for bottles of wine is something I've never seen anywhere else too. I wish I could have stayed longer. Great hostel.

it's a really nice and small hostel with a good atmosphere, everyone knows each other thanks to the nice crew and the events they organise like wine tasting and surf lessons

Amazing hostel. Probably the best I've ever been to. Small place with a friendly vibe. Really easy to meet people, amazing staff, and unbelievably fast wifi. Also an amazing location right on the beach and close to the city. Can party all night here or lay back and relax.

best backpackers to stay at in Port Macquarie

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Scotland

Awesome hostel! Home away from home.

We had an awesome stay and some crazy nights at Beachside Backpackers! Staff is awesome, Hostel is very artsy/chilled... We loved it, it was something a little different!

• 28th Jan 2015

Staff were super friendly and the atmosphere seemed great for people partying...not so much for anybody needing sleep, but hey....silly me for booking a room in a hostel when I actually required a restful nights sleep. The screaming of the neighbour at 3am was also unfortunate, as was the boy who slept in our girls dorm. But for $30 I wont loose any more sleep over it!

• 28th Jan 2015

The hostel had lots of character, from the surfboard seat at the internet terminal, to the wall paintings. Also, not being a YHA, you can relax and have a drink, but everyone keeps noise level at a respectable volume (it's not too loud). Free coffee, baggage storage, internet use, and a book swap, all great... this was just an all around cool hostel, not out to charge for every little thing, like some standard hostels.

The best hostel we've stayed in so far in Australia! Booked in for 4 nights but extended twice and stayed for 7. The atmosphere is really good and there's always a party going on no matter what day of the week it is. We would definitely recommend this hostel to anyone who wants to meet new people and have a good time!

Great little hostel. Great atmosphere and very helpful and fun staff! Not one to be missed!

This was the first hostel on my trip and they really have set the bar!! The people are great and there's always a good atmosphere around the place. Usually drinking games in the evening and cool background music playing through out the day. Playstation and movies available if you feel like chilling and surf lessons too! Great people, great place and feels like home.. looking forward to going back!

Awesome party hostel, staff so friendly and a good laugh and only a five minute stroll to the beach

Really lovely atmosphere, was travelling with a group but everyone was so friendly! would definitely recommend, and would stay again.

Best so far in Australia!

• 24th Dec 2014
  • Sweden

Unbelievable hostel, definitely the best one I've stayen in in Aus, the staff there are amazing, there very helpful and will go out of their way to make sure you have a good time

Had a great stay at Beachside, we were only passing through Port Macquarie for the a few nights, but extended double the length of our stay because the hostel was a great place to be. Thanks guys

• 29th Nov 2014

Amazing hostel - best we have ever stayed in! Staff/owner are so great, will do anything to help and create an awesome atmosphere to meet other people. Drove us to various surf beaches and had free boards (although that may be changing). also gave pointers on how to improve surfing. Even lent us a laptop to stream F1 at 2am!! Good fast free wifi! And upgraded us for free for our last night! Just remember - it is a party hostel!! Although they do offer free ear plugs if you need a nights sleep!

So much character at this hostel! Very fun and comfortable, full kitchen, ten minute walk to the waterfront, surfing lessons, and an open, down to earth staff. Wish I had time to stay an extra night.

I stayed for one night on my drive up to Brisbane, booked at 6pm and checked in at about 10:30pm. Staff were still up and available to check me in, which was much appreciated. Cool laid back atmosphere in the big living room/kitchen space. Plenty of parking on the street. Clean bathrooms, comfortable beds, and a quiet night's sleep.

View all Port Macquarie Hostels