Beachside Backpackers Reviews

40 Church Street, Port Macquarie, Australia

Great place. It could be a resort. Comfortable room, lockers are outside but very large. Friendly staff. Nice little pool area. Lots of facilites in the games area. Toilets an shower clean, hot powerful shower. Hire a bike and go for a ride, although they have no gears so watch out for the hills!

We loved our stay at Beachside! Friendly staff and the Giant Jenga was AWESOME!

This is one of the best hostels i have ever come across, would definitely recommend a visit to anybody. The staff are really friendly and will help you out with anything, organising social events and recommending things to do during the day. The hostel is in a great location, 2 mins from the beach. Also really close, 10mins walk, to coles and the rest of town but the guys will give you a lift if you ask nicely. Definitely make sure you stay here! (plus free wifi, what more could you want?!)

Lovely place! I knew it right from the moment I came in. So cozy and authentic. Pretty small, with room for maybe 30 people or so. And the staff lives in an apartment right next to the hostel which makes it even more feel like you are staying at a share house. Everyone was open and welcoming and helped to keep the place running. I had a lot of fun. Thanks for the good time! (Thumbs up for Free parking, WiFi and surfboards .. and warm blankets!)

• 23rd Jun 2014

The hostel itself is very nice with a pool table, foosball table and clean kitchen and showers/bathrooms but the feel of the place is very hippie-minded, we may have been unlucky with timings but many of the people were slightly strange.

Best hostel ive stayed at so far. Staff knew everyone by name and really tried to make sure everyone was having a good time. And good times we had :) hope i get to go back sometime.

I reallly enjoyed my time here at Beachside Backpackers, the staff were unbelievably helpful, friendly and welcoming too, even looking after me when I didn't feel very well! I wish I could have stayed longer here it was so nice. Rooms were clean and good facilities also. Awesome!

Had the best time at this hostel! The staff are super friendly, they make you feel really welcome as if they're inviting you into their home. If you're coming to Port Macquarie, book THIS hostel :)

Great hostel to stay in when visiting Port Macquarie. Very nice, relaxing staff that just want to get to know you and have a good time together. Super chill during the day and a party everynight. Not a place to go if you are looking for a cheap alternative to a B'n'B near the beach. Great time, would go back if ever in the area.

The atmosphere was really relaxed! You can use the surfboards for free and if staff go surfing you can join them and they bring you and the boards realy close to the beach by car. Its was the best hostel I have been while traveling!

• 28th Apr 2014

Super nice staff, great atmosphere

• 26th Apr 2014

Extremely nice staff! They even go surfing with the guests with boards and shuttle for free!!! Hostel itself has a chilled atmosphere and everything you need. I enjoyed my stay at Beachside Backpackers and would go there again.

only stayed for one night as a sleep stopover - however we would have stayed longer if we could. dorm room was clean, friendly staff, atmosphere was good but not too loud. loads of parking and quite close to the main centre.

this is a very chilled out hostel, small but great place to meet people, everything was clean, big kitchen, a short walk to the beach and coles, love that they pick you up from the bus stop. theres no locker in the room, but in the common area, no one really locks the doors, but it feels safe. also a theres a donation box for a bottle of wine, so nice and cheap

This is a truly unique place. I'd say BEST hostel I've EVER been to in 10 years, but it doesn't feel like an hostel at all. It feels like staying at a friend's place with the staff involving you in all sorts of activities and genuinely trying to give you the best experience during your stay. And yes you will love it, and yes you'll probably end up extending your stay as I did. They know how to party but if you just want a relax evening and a good night sleep, you'll find the comfiest bed ever!

This is a .;Full of Friendliness hostel', and ot of 10+ that I have stayed in (over 3 months) it is in the top two. From the moment the team pick you up from bus stop etc, they immediately include you in whatever is happening at the Beachside. This could be surfing, or simply becoming part of the great vibe that is here. The owner's main goal seems to be ensuring everyone feels at home, and welcomed. Within hours, I felt as if I had been there for a week. The art at the Beachside is also fab!'

• 1st Apr 2014

Exactly my kind of hostel that I like! Excellent staffs, friendly atmosphere and there are bottles of wine almost for free!

Nice hostel to chill out in, close to the beach and not too far from the greyhound bus stop if you have to walk to catch an early bus!

A very Nice Place with a great atmosphere! A Place to relax and meet nice people. Great art too!

• 6th Mar 2014