Beacons Backpackers Reviews

Bwlch, Brecon, Wales

Excellent facility. Clean, great location and friendly staff. Plus being attached to the pub with good food and beer is good. Having the large selection of breakfast supplies included is a real bonus. Will stay again.

• 15th Jan 2016

Really friendly place, we were made to feel very welcome and as if nothing would be a problem, more than helpful. We booked 2 beds in a mixed room but as they had room we were given our own room with 4 beds. This was welcomed and I will be going back on my next visit with the family in tow

• 9th Jan 2016

This is a brilliant hostel and the owner was extremely welcoming and accommodating. We had a 4 person room with en suite bathroom which was perfect, and the use of the kitchen with breakfast items included was an added bonus. Had dinner in the pub there in the evening, was very impressed with the quality, size and price of the meal, far nicer than you get in most chain pubs/restaurants. Will definitely stay here again in future!

• 8th Jan 2016

Neil and Sara are doing a great job to make there guest feel comfortable. When ever there was something we asked for or needed help with they did their best to fulfill the request. I wish them joy, spirit and energy to keep up the good work. All the best, Martin

• 30th Dec 2015

This was a really nice place to stay. The staff were all so nice and helpful. The rooms are nice and clean. Lovely pub as well.

It was really a pleasure to stay in this hostel. Neil and his wife were really nice and make you feel like home.

This is an awesome hostel in an awesome location in Bwlch in the Brecon Beacons national park. We only stayed for one night, unfortunately, but were the only occupants (due only to the fact that it was some random Tuesday or Wednesday, not any comment on the hostel itself!). Neil, the owner, made us feel right at home immediately and showed us great paths to walk through the park. We came back & enjoyed a delicious meal by his wife Sara and hung out with locals in the attached pub. So much fun!

I have stayed at lots of hostels all around the world, this was one of my first in my own country and was one of the better ones I've experienced. The owners are super friendly and do their upmost to make sure you have a comfortable stay. I had my mountain bike with me and they let me store it in the bedroom with me which I luckily had to myself. Really comfy beds, decent shower and good selection at breakfast. The food in the pub is delicious also and good value. I'll definitely be back!!

I recommend this place. Very good position for who wants to explore Brecon Beacons National Park. Rooms are tidy and clean. Breakfast provided. No kitchen but don't worry, there's a pretty pub attached to the hostel!

Nice employees, good food and nice walk routes (to go to the lake for example). Beautifull location.

• 21st Aug 2015