Beacons Backpackers Reviews

Bwlch, Brecon, Wales

Fantastic place, really friendly and considerate couple & staff at the hostel & pub, great value beds with good facilities and nice included breakfast of cereal/toast/tea & coffee with the option of meal at pub and few drinks in the evening. Stayed to run Brecon Beacons marathon and was comfortable and good atmosphere without being too loud above a pub to worry about.

We enjoyed our stay! Neil was very accommodating and helpful in making our trip memorable!

• 29th May 2015
  • India

Great location, great hosts, fab food

• 28th May 2015
  • Wales

I stayed here for a night mainly to hike in some places around the brecon beacon. The hostel is small but very comfortable, the owners are happy to give directions to the best hiking trails and they even walked me to the start of one. There's a pub in the hostel which is basically the only one in the village (it's very small) so there's always locals to talk to.

Pleasant hostel situated in the heart of the beacons, perfect for exploring the local hinterland. Attached to a pub, where hearty and affordable meals are on offer. Limited kitchen facilities however might not be ideal for those on limited backpacking budget. If travelling by public transport, be aware that there is no bus connection to the village of Bwlch Sundays or public holidays. I had to get a taxi out to nearest town which proved costly at £25.

Couldn't have met friendlier people, they made us feel welcome from day 1.

• 20th Apr 2015

Great owner, Amazing room love it !

For the price, I would have expected a proper cooked breakfast

Very friendly and welcoming. We will return with walking and cycling groups later. Highly recommended.

• 6th Mar 2015

Very good all round, fully recommended.

• 22nd Feb 2015

The staff were friendly and welcoming. Breakfast was included and the food in the evening in the pub connected to the hostel was excellent. I was staying to go walking in the Brecon Beacons and it's well placed for this. I plan to stay again in the future.

Neil and Sarah are the best hosts, I honestly felt like guests in their home. They are very knowledgeable about the area and things to do. the pub is great for chilling out after a days outdoor activities, the locals are so friendly! Sarah cooks great food at reasonable prices. I didn't want to leave! especially as I kept sleeping in as the beds are the most comfortable I've slept in in a long time.

I would definitely recommend staying at this hostel. The staff were really friendly and helpful. The food in the bar was lovely and great value for money.