Beagle Houseboat

Superb 250 Total Reviews

• India, Female, 25-30
7th Apr 2017
6.0

Aart, the owner was really nice. He told us about some places to visit, eat and party. He was helpful in every way he could. The Houseboat was quite nice, we chilled and spent a lot of time in the living room which is done up well. There are plants and it is centrally heated - super comfortable. One major disappointment was the bathroom which did not have any light and using it after dark was difficult. The facilities were very basic. Do not expect any luxuries. Overall a nice experience.

2nd Apr 2017

The Beagle was great. Definitely old, definitely rusty, but the experience of living on a houseboat in Amsterdam was unbeatable. Aart was a very relaxed host, with great suggestions. The heat and hot water and wifi all worked well; having a computer for guest use was very handy. Come expecting quirks and you won't be disappointed. We would definitely stay here again! Also, the canals ARE clean enough to swim in, and I'm regretting not jumping in off the Beagle's roof!

• USA, Mixed Group, 25-30
18th Mar 2017

I LOVE THE BEAGLE! It is a perfect no frills getaway in the heart of amsterdam! I went with four friends and it was like having our own houseboat! Ok, we didnt really take a shower there but look it is a houseboat and we didn't stay there to be pampered. It is an amazing stay for a person or a group who really want to enjoy Amsterdam to the fullest. Loved the beagle and highly recommend for those looking for a no frills but amazing time!

• Malaysia, Male, 18-24
25th Feb 2017

My stay in Beagle Houseboat is very pleasant. When we got in the boat, reggae kind of songs were playing. There are some grinders and bongs provided. The vibe was super cosy. Just have to be aware of the stairs down the bedroom. I would really recommend any of you to stay here. In fact, I would definitely choose to stay here for my next visit to Amsterdam. Peace.

• England, Male, 25-30
1st Feb 2017

Had a lovely time staying on this boat. There were only two of us staying on the boat but more guests would have been more than comfortable. There is a large sleeping area downstairs and plenty of space on top deck. The facilities on the boat were spot on - kitchen, bathroom, computer and a well-stocked fridge. Great location, this boat sits on Oosterdok and is well positioned for exploring the city and is a couple of minutes walk from Centraal Station. We will be back in the summer!

• Ireland, Male, 18-24
18th Jan 2017

The beagle houseboat is great for a trip with friends, it has all necessities - bathroom, kitchen with appliances, beds, tv, couches, computer. The place was clean and tidy, the only downfall is the bathrooom facilities are a little on the cold/wet side, but why can you expect on a boat !! Water is clean and drinkable and there is plenty of hot water. Overall I loved staying on the beagle with my 4 friends, we will be back !

Thanks for the nice review. I am sorry about the bathroom. It appears that the shower tap was broken so I replaced it.