Beats Hostel Sao Paulo Reviews

Alameda Ribeirao Preto 258, Bela Vista, Sao Paulo, Brazil

I landed in Beats Hostel for 3 weeks, the time in needed to find a place in Sao Paulo to settle down. The staff is great, the atmosphere very friendly, and there is no best location. Thank you for those three weeks.

I got attacked by BUGS here because it is so dirty! I had to go to the hospital because my skin was full of bubbles, when I told the staff that i got bubbles because my room was full of bugs, they told me i was alive so i was fine. The bathroom is really bad. This hostel shouldn't be open. Has no minimum conditions. The only thing good was the only thing the hostel cannot control: other guests' kindness

Thank you for your review. We immediately offered you a refund, a free room upgrade, and helped you find a medical specialist for your allergic reaction. We're sorry you still felt the need to ventilate your anger on receptionists. This issue was created by infected backpackers, not by hostel cleanliness. 01 day after you alerted us, a professional service came in that took care of the issue. We're sorry you experienced inconvenience, but do hope you enjoyed the city!

I didn't like my stay at the hostel at all. It was very dirty and the bedrooms had no door. The shower is located outside and it was extremely dirty. My bed was broken, I had nowhere to recharge my phone because there was no plug for my bed.

• 15th Jan 2014

Hi there and thanks for your review. All bedrooms, and bathrooms, have working doors. The cheapest room you booked does not have a shower inside the room. 2 showers are located within 4 meters from your room, and cleaned twice per day. We've checked your bed, but can't find anything broken? Please, let us know if you're having issues, so we can solve them for you while you are still in the hostel! Happy trails.

Great location in the center. Good staff. Nothing bad about the place!

Great fun party hostel. Good location really close to the metro. The music goes on late but not too late so its not really an issue. Hot showers, clean ish rooms, big lockers, good wifi, cable tv, ok kitchen. Only thing is you have to buy beers / alcohol at the hostel (6.50 reals for 600ml itapavia).

This hostel is in a sweet location! The rooms are clean, the bathrooms are clean. It's very social, and the bar is good.

Great location,amazing staff.The common areas are cleaned every day,except the rooms.The hostel actually does have loud music most of the time but that doesnt happen when is late night or early morning.

• 25th May 2013

there is no comfortable/nice environment to relax in, it's not set up well to meet people. the music was awful and blasted all night. Only 1 bathroom/shower upstairs for 3 rooms of 8 people! I woke up for breakfast 1 morn, the girl at the desk was playing on her phone, so i waited to see if she would notice me, to say good morning and ask if there was any more coffee. Finally interrupted her, and she just tipped machine, annoyed, to fill my cup with cold, disgusting coffee. My pillow sucked too!

Hi there thank you for your review. Our common room has a total of 12meters sofa, tv and internet access. The music goes down after 02:00am as advertised. There is a total of 6 bathrooms in the hostel. Every bathroom has a sign on the door explaining where the other bathrooms are. Breakfast crew has now been instructed to check the temperature of the coffee every hour. We´re sorry you felt uncomfortable but hope you did enjoy this wonderful city!

the music was too loud late at nigth the breakfast is really poor the staff: some really, really nice, the others looked that they didn´t like the job anyway: I stay only one nigth, so I can not say more thanks!

• 19th Mar 2013
  • Argentina

The beats hostel is a good basic hostel in a good area, near the metro station and there is a big supermarket just couple of blocks away. It can be a party hostel or relaxed quiet hostel, it all depends what kind of people is staying in there at that moment. I experienced both styles. The girls at the reception are just lovely (and so beautiful)!

Beats hostel is a great hostel. Its located close to a metro that takes you downtown and in walking distance from Rua augusta wich is the main partystreet. Everyone is talking about that Sao Paulo is TOO big but staying at beats hostel doesn't give you that feeling. The staff is friendly and the speakers in the common area is always pumping out good music. There are good sanitary and kitchen facilities. All in all this is a good place to choose if you are going to SP.

The hostel certainly lives up to it's name of 'Beats' - music was played throughout the day in the common areas and reception. Whilst this was great in the evenings, it also involved being woken up by a full Rihanna album at 7am. 3 days straight. Even if you LIKE Rihanna, surely this is too much by anyone's standards?! Breakfast was great but the bunkbeds were rickety and unstable, to the point my friend actually pulled his over whilst trying to climb in. Pros and Cons.

Hi there and thank you for your review. The Rihanna fan doesn't work with us anymore, mainly because of his incapacity to conform to hostel policies. Of which one is not to play loud music at 7am! Sorry for the inconvenience. Oh, we're working on the beds, securing them to the walls. Thanks for staying and have a nice trip!

The facilities were nice and clean, and the staff were friendly and very helpful. Thanks!

• 15th Jan 2013

It is an okay hostel, I would stay again if there is nothing else. I stayed 4 nights and the garbage was never picked up from my room. I had to take the garbage to the bathroom everyday. Some staff was very friendly and helpful but some other were not. Sometimes it seemed like they thought they were doing us a favor. One incident was the checkout time, we were practically kicked out of the hostel at 6pm. We couldn't even stay in the common area, we literally had to leave. Location was good.

Hi there, thank you for your review. To continue offering an agreeable stay to everybody, we were doing a periodical preventive pest control on the day of your checkout. This means the whole house was inaccessible for 8hours straight. We informed everybody 24h prior. We're sorry for this inconvenience. Have a nice trip!

it is a good hostel but a bit noisy

Beats Hostel is really good. My recommendation is staying in Private Room with Bathroom. The guys are really friendy. Who is not in Brazil? I am from Argentina, and went for the Formula 1 GP. It is near Avida Paulista where you have many metro stations and many buses. Nice staffers and clean.

• 22nd Nov 2012
  • Argentina

dont want to complain too much. but i would say maybe better to choose another hostel... alot of people complain about the noise, but i think its about the overall professionalism of staff, and the place it self, not pleasant. It is not as clean as some of the other hostels. seemed like they were lacking some staff but was not very professional. people were let in before check in time to the rooms, which should not be allowed. I was woken up really early in the morning. bad in general.

Hi there, thank you for your review! When our receptionist checked in some guests at 8:00am in the morning, you were already up and packing your suitcase, fully dressed. 30 minutes later you left the hostel. Perhaps you were sleepwalking ;-) If you think other customers entering your -shared- room is a problem, choose a private room, hm? Anyway, happy trails!

Good hostel!!

Quite satisfying!

i liked the free beats shot! nice staff, clean. they can put some posters maybe

• 4th Sep 2012