Beautiful Hutong Reviews

Mushanzha village, Dongling Road, Yangshuo, China

Awful! The owner, Simon, took us to a local primary school so he could record a video to promote the hostel. He basically forced me to sing songs and entertain the students. He grabbed me roughly and shoved me into the classrooms, laughing all the while. It was humiliating. I'm a teacher in China and did not appreciate being roped into his publicity stunt during my free weekend. He ignored me the rest of the time and wasn't helpful. Also, bad location. Stay on West Street or Xingping instead!

• 12th Jun 2014

Some room prices are very good value for money whilst other not at all. For example a 3bed room will be charge 35/bed/night whilst a double room will be 160/bed/night when both rooms are pretty identical. The hotel is very under staff, we left without seeing the manager and leaving the payment to a cleaning lady...

• 5th Jun 2014

We are very sorry that only the cleaning lady was available when you checked out. In terms of the room rate, the current charge for a standard 3 bed room (165RMB/night) is similar to a standard double room (160RMB/night) -- we actually upgraded your booking from a 4 bed dorm to a 3 bed private room. We apologise for this misunderstanding. We are a small family run business, and we strive to do our best by all our guests.

simply great, the best stay we had!

Beautiful Hutong is the best hostel! Simon, the owner is so helpful and really wants to make sure your visit is the best it can be. I would definitely recommend staying here, especially if you want to be away from the hubbub of the city center. It is in a wonderful location out in the countryside a little ways. Simon will help you plan some fun adventures all over Yangshuo and he will help you get there too. The hostel feels very safe and secure and has a nice calming atmosphere.

A lovely, quaint little guesthouse with friendly staff, good, simple Chinese food, and in a great setting amongst the karst mountains. It's good for a peaceful getaway as it's out of town, but it's also a short bike ride to the centre. I would definitely recommend this place for people who want to enjoy Yangshuo but keep out of the hustle and bustle.

This is an attractive hostel in a nice location just outside Yangshuo. Unfortunately, when I arrived the were no staff to meet me and I waited three hours before the cleaning lady opened a private room for me and I stayed the night there (which was cool considering I booked and paid for a bed in a dorm room). The next morning the staff member was very apologetic re the wait and made me a free breakfast of bacon and eggs and then gave me a ride into town. Overall, I highly recommend this place.

• 4th May 2014
  • New Zealand

It's a good place in Yanshuo if you look for a hostel not in the city center. We would definetly return to this hostel in Yangshuo.

Very nice place with a very helpful owner. Everything is clean and nice. If you want to have some relaxing days this is the place to go in Yangshuo since it is outside the city center. Bike rent for free available.

Beautiful Hutong is the best! It is such a beautiful hostel with a fun courtyard. It is a little bit out of the main city, so it is peaceful and quiet. It was clean and comfortable. Simon, the owner, is the best! He is so nice, friendly, fun, and helpful. His English is great, too! He will help you with all of your needs and he really cares that you have a good time. He will help you get places and plan fun things to do. This hostel is definitely worth your stay!