Beautiful Hutong Reviews

Mushanzha village, Dongling Road, Yangshuo, China

I had a great time in Beautiful Dahutong. Simon, his family and his cat were very helpful and friendly. The guesthouse is just outside Yangshou (15 min walk) and it is set by the river in a small village with a very beautiful nature scenario around it. It merges the peaceful environment of the countryside with the city life. Vibrant place, multicultural environment and a lot of lessons and tours to make! I did calligraphy and it was great fun!  Great food and a lot to do and see!

• 1st Nov 2014
  • Portugal

I really loved my staying by Simon's Dahutong. The guesthouse is really beautiful with a calm and charming atmosphere. The staff is like a family and the location is ideal. Is based short out from the town, by a kars foot, close to the river. Highly recommended.

• 10th Oct 2014

This is a great place to stay if you want to chill a bit on your journey through China! Simon and his staff are very friendly and willing to make your stay comfortable. They arrange free taxi rides, they bring you to the bike rental and the cook serves really delicious typical Chinese dishes but pancakes and porridge as well. We loved it here because of the casual atmosphere!

Awful! The owner, Simon, took us to a local primary school so he could record a video to promote the hostel. He basically forced me to sing songs and entertain the students. He grabbed me roughly and shoved me into the classrooms, laughing all the while. It was humiliating. I'm a teacher in China and did not appreciate being roped into his publicity stunt during my free weekend. He ignored me the rest of the time and wasn't helpful. Also, bad location. Stay on West Street or Xingping instead!

• 12th Jun 2014

We are very sorry that you did not have a positive experience, sometimes guests are offered the opportunity to do 2 - 3 hours volunteering in exchange for free guided tourism around Yangshuo's sites - usually they find this exceptionally enjoyable. After hearing about this opportunity when chatting with our foreign volunteer manager you were very keen to take part and voluntarily did so. I am sorry if you later decided you did not enjoy the experience. Apologies and our best wishes!

Some room prices are very good value for money whilst other not at all. For example a 3bed room will be charge 35/bed/night whilst a double room will be 160/bed/night when both rooms are pretty identical. The hotel is very under staff, we left without seeing the manager and leaving the payment to a cleaning lady...

• 5th Jun 2014

We are very sorry that only the cleaning lady was available when you checked out. In terms of the room rate, the current charge for a standard 3 bed room (165RMB/night) is similar to a standard double room (160RMB/night) -- we actually upgraded your booking from a 4 bed dorm to a 3 bed private room. We apologise for this misunderstanding. We are a small family run business, and we strive to do our best by all our guests.

simply great, the best stay we had!

Beautiful Hutong is the best hostel! Simon, the owner is so helpful and really wants to make sure your visit is the best it can be. I would definitely recommend staying here, especially if you want to be away from the hubbub of the city center. It is in a wonderful location out in the countryside a little ways. Simon will help you plan some fun adventures all over Yangshuo and he will help you get there too. The hostel feels very safe and secure and has a nice calming atmosphere.