Bed & Chai Reviews

R-55, second floor, Greater Kailash-1, New Delhi, India

800 Rs for a dorm bed totaly overprived! You get very nice doublerooms with balcony for 500 Rs easily, so 800 for a dorm is a clear rip off for people who haven't been in india for a while!

• 1st Jun 2014
  • Russia

Attentive staff who make breakfast and will arrange bookings and more. Really great location with tons around to do and is very safe. Only complaint was that the AC in the dorm broke on our last night and it was sweltering! Otherwise a very good place to stay in Delhi.

The owner was away during our stay but the two interns in charge were welcoming and made our stay relaxed and fun. This place rescued my Delhi experience. We had a self-cooked meal, a first ever during travelling, but that's how homey the place was and the kitchen has everything you can need to cook a meal. I wish we had stayed longer.

• 25th May 2014
  • South Africa

Bed and Chai was so comfortable- so much space in the dorm and it was so comfortable, bathroom was big and clean and the whole place had a very welcoming, home-y atmosphere which was so nice for weary travellers.

We enjoyed our short stay at Bed and Chai very much. The atmosphere is relaxed, the staff helpful and, although the location isn't central, it is convenient for the Delhi metro system. It felt very secure and it was great to be able to leave our luggage there during an overnight stay in Agra. We met some other guests who make Bed and Chai their home when in Delhi and it seems that whether for a short or long stay, this is such a good place to choose.

• 21st Feb 2014
  • All Female Group, 41+

Spotless rooms and bedding, Good breakfast, Excellent airport pickup, taxi booking anytime, can get food delivered from several nearby restaurants, filtered water provided, walking distance to the metro, good neighborhood - no touts or hassles.

So I will have stayed here three times......My favourite place I have stayed in India. Staff are great friendly and helpful. Arranged all my bus/train tickets for me. They arranged an indian cooking class for me too. Breakfast is great, location I loved in a nice part of dehli shops and restaurants just a five minute walk and bank next door (accepts foreign cards) stored luggage here while I travelled and pick up and drop off we're arranged easily, I could go on forever but have no space left..

The staff absolutely made this place, so helpful and friendly and just what's needed on arrival in a big city. Also really appreciated the big comfy duvets as was surprised at how nippy a Delhi winter can be!

A decent hostel all in all. It is quite far from most points of intrests though like communications hubs, sights etc. When I arrived using the pickup service from the airport there was no staff arround at the receptetion which could tell me which room/bed I was in though. Luckily another guest was leaving and could tell me who to wake up to get that information. Coud have ended worse that it did otherwise. When awake though the staff is good and helpfull.

This hostel has a very European atmosphere to it. It would score excellent in every category if I would compare it only to the other hostels I've stayed in in India. Still I gave an honest judgement. The staff will help you out the best way they can.