Bedouin Hostel Reviews

4 Elwy street from Qasr el Nil street, Back of the National and Central Bank of Egypt, Do, Cairo, Egypt

good place

• 4th Feb 2016
  • Egypt

Dodgy area which I didn’t see much of as I left as soon as I could. The hotel itself is on the second floor of a very worn down, old, smelly building that’s very dirty and looked unstable. The staff was nice but the facilities are beyond need of a renovation as it’s probably too late for sanitation. Fitly rooms with old, sunk in beds, stained sheets and absolutely freezing.

I have no idea how this place has the rating it has on here. This place is FILTHY from top to bottom, the only shower was a tub that was used to soak a blanket for most of my stay, the entrance is on a dark slummy side street, and the staff is only there to sell you bargain tours for the country, all of which involved stopping at some shop where they tried to sell you crap. Avoid this place.

My stay at Bedouin hostel was great! Karin really made me feel like was at home and helped me find everything I needed in Cairo. My stay in the city would have been much more stressful had it not been for the guys at the hostel. Thanks!

• 1st Nov 2015

I had such a nice stay at the hostel and was happy to use it as the base for my travels up and down the Nile. The staff is very friendly and helpful.They arrange good trips to venues around Cairo and the rest of Egypt. I would definitely recommend Bedouin Hostel to friends/family who visit Cairo. Thank you for making me feel at home

• 28th Oct 2015
  • Aruba

My stay in Bedouin Hostel was very satisfying. The Hostel was clean and comfortabel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They set up our entire sight seeing excursion and made things very easy for me. My Cairo trip would not have been nearly as fun without them! People are so friendly and a real sense of a neighbourhood exists here - very safe!

• 28th Oct 2015

On the plus side, our room was upgraded from a dorm to 3 bed (although had no AC but a fan which was ok) and WC did have toilet paper. The 2 biggest negatives about here are that the wifi was either excruciatingly slow or did not work the entire time we were there and the staff was unhelpful on giving info once you indicated you were not interested in booking one of their tours. Figuring out transportation is tough in Egypt is not easy so local help (hostel staff) is very impt. Do not recommend!

I asked for a taxi to the airport. The guy from reception asked for 110 LE, I agreed knowing the price is about 80LE. When I came back to paying he said it's now 120LE claiming he never said 110LE. Cheat , stay away

Paco was very helpful on tips and transportation. Up stairs patio has a very nice view, and very relaxing. Thanks paco.