Beds&Drinks Reviews

1676, James Avenue, South Beach Miami, Miami, USA

On arrival I was told that I had to pay a securit deposit of US$10 which was not on my booking confirmation. When's explained this the lady at the front desk was very abrupt and said it was normal to pay a deposit, even if it was not on my booking confirmation and as I pointed out to her, not advertised clearly on the website. I asked for my receipt to be emailed to me and she said that that would not be possible. She was extremely rude and unhelpful when I asked her questions about the hostel.

• 20th Aug 2015

Hello, a $10 deposit is charged upon arrival and refunded upon departure , we apologize this was an inconvenience for you. We print as many receipts as you need at the front desk but as we respectfully explained you, our front desk computers are not enable to send personal emails. Our manager sent you an email with a receipt minutes after you checked in from the back office.We did try to fulfill your demands.Happy travels.

Most of the staff friendly and helpful, one lady quite arrogant and unfriendly. Nice system of breakfast in packages. Nice courtyard. Great location. Very unpleasant system of wearing paper bracelets. No electric kettle for boiling water. Just one microwave proved to be too less. Too many people visiting our private room generally, moreove without knocking the door (cleaning lady, serviceman, receptionist with a company of some guest...). Airport shuttle worked well, just with a little delay.

Couldn't have asked for a better place to stay in Miami! Super clean and modern, spacious rooms and great facilities! although I was under 21, the hostel is very welcmoning and every evening there would be a huge group outside socialising with a few drinks. I would definitely come back next time I'm in Miami, it's even a place I would bring my mother to stay!!

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Wales

The overall stay was ok. Most of the staff were nice with the exception of a young long blonde haired girl who kinda made me reluctant to come back as well as the cock roaches the size of my pinky finger. The toilets need more water in them as well as an uptempo bar scene. Also, the furniture in the back yard needs to be replaced. If you guys are going to use bunk beds at least get more sturdy ones that doesn't move around when you climb into the top bunk. I was on the

• 8th Aug 2015

The accommodations were comfortable. The cleaning staff did not clean the bathroom during the five days I was there with five roommates. They also charged for a new bath towel. Using the same towel for five days was a bit unsanitary. I liked SOBE Hostel better!

• 6th Aug 2015

It was my first time in a dorm and i loved the 6 girl dorm with private bathroom and security key it was a great hostel

I was a solo traveller staying for three nights at BnD. It's a good hostel, clean and great location. I also met quite a few other solo travellers while there. There's a lack of events planned during the day and during the week which is a shame as it could be easier to meet people but I'd stay again for sure.

great location and nice staff. Breakfast is not enough

• 27th Jul 2015

The staff was always there and always helpfull , it is not a party hostel wich is what i need it but it is close to all the partying in south beach . Hot water in the showers. Wallgreens and CVS less than a block away. No stove to cook . Fridge could be bigger and still they dont have rules about marking the food and such. All in all i had a really great stay.

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Colombia

Breaktfast hours should be longer, many are on vacation and do really want to sleep long hours.

• 24th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Neede more social involvment for nights out together ect.

• 20th Jul 2015

A) Terrible security measures - various items, including 200$ in cash stolen from hostel B) Poor customer service in that concerns were not adequately addressed (still awaiting response from email sent to customer service on July 21 2015) C) Hostel facilities dirty - especially bathroom and shower area Having traveled for >10 years, staying mostly in hostels, this was the first sub-par experience I have had and the rating of the hostel on website should be far far lower.

We take security of our guests very serious.You asked our desk if we have seen an envelope you had misplaced. 3 days after you decided that it had $200 and "was taken from your lap top bag" but lap top was in your locker.We checked your locker, it was in perfect condition, and lap top was there. You said it could be the lock ,tiny suit case lock,barely work, then you said we are responsible since our staff gave directions to where to purchase it. We replied on the 21 w/ pictures of your locker.

I had a wonderful time, but I don't think that the hostel is as "fun" as they want to be. It wasn't inherently social, and there were no social parties planned. I didn't really get an intro, and didn't know there was a back porch area until my last day. Their drinks were the same as other bars (even at Happy Hour), so it was better to go to a nearby bar than to sit in the lobby. The "bed" part was great, but the "drinks" fell way short.

• 14th Jul 2015

Hello, we are working on offering activities to our customers mondays and tuesdays also. We apologize for not having one yet for those days that you were here. Come any day starting thursday and you will be part of a very fun beer pong with free beer or a karaoke night with alot of other customers. Looking forward to have you check us out during the weekends. Happy travels.

Breakfast could definitely be better than a bagel and an apple. Otherwise, great place to stay at!

Great location and facilities, but for a place called 'Beds&Drinks' I was expecting a better atmosphere. People didn't really hang out there, very quiet most nights.

This hostel is amaziiiiiiiiinggggggg!!! I loved it!!! Literally 1 block away from the beach and lincoln road mall. The rooms are very clean and everything is new, also the beds are very comfortable. Breakfast included and is very good and healthy. The staff is super friendly and helpful, they made me feel very welcomed. Overall I would recommend this to everyone if you've been in hostels before you know the difference and this place is safe + clean + cheap + fun!!! =)

Amazing hostel, I've travelled a lot and this place is insane. Pool and clean rooms and awesome vide.

Lack of security and control guest. Someone stole 3K usd to my friend.

Nice hostel if you want to go just to sleep and relax. Some poor things about this hostel. - Very poor breakfast: They give you a cereal bar, an apple, a bagel and a coffee. They could do better - Drinks expensive in bar - Lounge area is missing music and lights. Because of this guests dont stay in hostel. They leave early and it is hard to meet people.

The staff were nice enough. I wasn't shown to my room or told much, just given my towel and that was that. The door to my 6 bed dorm was broken which meant that anyone could walk in. The bathroom door was also broken and would meant people were continuously opening it when I was in there. The room was extremely dirty and dark. I got bed bug and mosquito bites all over my body. The desks and room was not cleaned regularly. The other guests were men in their 30's and there was no hostel vibe. NO!

« first « Prev 1 2 3