Beds&Drinks Reviews

1676, James Avenue, South Beach Miami, Miami, USA

I had a wonderful time, but I don't think that the hostel is as "fun" as they want to be. It wasn't inherently social, and there were no social parties planned. I didn't really get an intro, and didn't know there was a back porch area until my last day. Their drinks were the same as other bars (even at Happy Hour), so it was better to go to a nearby bar than to sit in the lobby. The "bed" part was great, but the "drinks" fell way short.

• 14th Jul 2015

Breakfast could definitely be better than a bagel and an apple. Otherwise, great place to stay at!

Great location and facilities, but for a place called 'Beds&Drinks' I was expecting a better atmosphere. People didn't really hang out there, very quiet most nights.

This hostel is amaziiiiiiiiinggggggg!!! I loved it!!! Literally 1 block away from the beach and lincoln road mall. The rooms are very clean and everything is new, also the beds are very comfortable. Breakfast included and is very good and healthy. The staff is super friendly and helpful, they made me feel very welcomed. Overall I would recommend this to everyone if you've been in hostels before you know the difference and this place is safe + clean + cheap + fun!!! =)

Amazing hostel, I've travelled a lot and this place is insane. Pool and clean rooms and awesome vide.

Lack of security and control guest. Someone stole 3K usd to my friend.

Nice hostel if you want to go just to sleep and relax. Some poor things about this hostel. - Very poor breakfast: They give you a cereal bar, an apple, a bagel and a coffee. They could do better - Drinks expensive in bar - Lounge area is missing music and lights. Because of this guests dont stay in hostel. They leave early and it is hard to meet people.

The staff were nice enough. I wasn't shown to my room or told much, just given my towel and that was that. The door to my 6 bed dorm was broken which meant that anyone could walk in. The bathroom door was also broken and would meant people were continuously opening it when I was in there. The room was extremely dirty and dark. I got bed bug and mosquito bites all over my body. The desks and room was not cleaned regularly. The other guests were men in their 30's and there was no hostel vibe. NO!

excellent location, very close to the beach. Easy to get to and from airport. Use line 150 and get off on Lincoln and Washington. bathrooms inside and outside room.

Great beds and Great drinks in a fantastic location, right in the center of all the action on south beach. Beautiful art deco building,thanks for a great stay.

• 15th Jun 2015
  • Costa Rica

We had a slight problem with ants, but nothing too serious, other than that everything was very nice.

I had a great time at Beds&Drinks! It's so close to the beach, shopping, and great places to go out. It's a relaxed atmosphere, and people spend a lot of time hanging out together on the patio. I met some great friends :) The shower and bathroom area were new and nice, but the beds were uncomfortable!! The security also isn't the best, because even though you have a wristband no one looks at it, and the doors to your room never locked. Overall it was a nice place and I would stay there again!

• 10th Jun 2015

I only stayed at this hostel for one night between flights, I felt they weren't very lenient or overly helpful, I emailed for directions as per info on booking page, they simply responded with they would pick me up for $35 almost double the regular airport shuttle and with no mention of the fact the local bus which is only $2.65 drops you pretty much at their front door. And $25 if you wish to store your bag past 5pm? Although they had a bar I thought it lacked atmosphere.

First of all you can't beat the location, next to Lincoln road and 1 block from the beach. I've been to many hostels and this was definitely the cleanest, the staff was amazing and very helpful with all my questions. My first night they had a beer pong contest and it was very fun I would definitely recommend this to all my friends!

Everything was excellent!!! very good place to stay!!! will go back there for sure!!! The only thing i would advice is that, maybe there should be an age limit... there where 2 old ladies... in their 40s... one really dpressed. Always on bed... and protesting about everythig. Those peolple should stay at a hotel, not a hostel. Apart from that, everything was more than excellent.

Overall it is a good hostel but the one girl at the desk I spoke with on the phone was nastly towards me. I do not understand her English an I asked her to speak more clearly so I can understand her and she became very nasty. If I was there in person I would have punched her in her face. On the other hand, the one guy I spoke with was very nice and helpful. I would stay here again. The rooms were very nice and clean.

The room for 8 women wasn't that clean, one shower and one toilet isn't enough. Air conditional was making only annoying noise and the air in room was too hot. Our carry on baggages didn't fit in lockers, they were too tiny.

• 30th May 2015
  • Slovakia

I'm surprised that this place is relatively highly rated. As a hostel, it has no atmosphere whatsoever. It's not allowed to BYOB anywhere, not even the patio in the front - only buy from the hostels own bar (they give you a free drink ticket at arrival, but all you can get is old corona draft beer or a virgin piña colada). So where should you have fun? Definitely not here. Combined with the room having bedbugs doesn't really help. One of the worst hostels I've visited! + Breakfast sucks!

• 30th May 2015
  • Denmark

Hello, we are very sorry to read your input.We opened for business 11 months ago and made sure all our mattress were covered with a bed bug protector to make sure we will never get those bugs .We are aware of how delicate that could be. We took the time to check every protector and mattress in your room finding no bugs .Never had a complaint for giving a free Pina colada or Corona being "old" either but we take all comments seriously. Come back any time, try our beds and beer at no cost.

I wasn't in Miami to party, but this was still a great place to stay. Very secure (wristbands, keycards, lockers in the rooms. Great location just a block from the beach. Good wi-fi, several outlets in the room. Only downside was the kitchen (tiny): miniature refrigerators mean that people just cram their food in the fridge, it inevitably gets moved, lost, left, spoils, rots, etc. Not a good system in my opinion. I think bigger fridges would encourage cleanliness.

Great place!!! Definitely a place to return!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4