Beds on Bohio Reviews

Jaco on the Central Pacific coast, Behind Papas & Burgers Art Café, Calle Bohio, Jaco, Costa Rica

I stay in a 6 bed dorm, room are small, with 2 inches mattress which makes it hard to have good sleep, overall cleanliness is bad, guess owners care more about the outlook of the restaurant and bar on the front, not a good party place afterall unless u want to get stoned, below average.

Very friendly and helpful staff, great location, awesome burgers, and really cool bar definitely be back someday, thanks for recommending hostel Urbano guys it was a great stay too. pura vida

I have traveled the world. This was great staff super amazing location and security perfect. And the bloke from South African at the front desk top bloke ;). 10/10 Jess

The only bad thing about this hostel is you have one bathroom for 18 people and trying to get in and use it is horrible, but other than that the staff is great and very friendly.

Terrible. (1) Owner was extremely rude and staff was inattentive; (2) Paid for but did not receive room with AC (owner shrugged his shoulders); (3) Room was dirty and sheets were stained; (4) Room was infested with mold and insects; (5) No hot water; (6) Overcharged for multiple items due to poor accounting (again, complaint met with a shoulder shrug); (7) Room lacked running water for extended period; (8) Generally unfriendly atmosphere. Good location but would recommend another hostel in area.

• 17th May 2014

great location. nice hostel. does the job.

Friendly atmosphere, but extremely hot! I wouldn't have lasted more than a day here. The greatest thing about this hostel is that the beach is within walking distance. There is a spacious kitchen for cooking, and there are enough fridge spaces. I didn't use the inside shower as I just didn't feel like it, and felt filthy.

Terrible room, at 40 dollars a night with no air con or tv! Found a room around the corner with cable and lovely air con for an extra 5 dollars a night! Staff are uninterested and not very helpful! The owner only seemed interested when I was leaving and why I was leaving early! Security can be bypassed by moving a fence so anyone can wonder Into the hostel! Only decent thing to say was the beach was at the end of the road and a lovely Canadian girl worked in the bar next door! 1/10 from me!

• 19th Apr 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights in a private double room and it was very nice. There is no hot water at all but that's not really a problem in Jaco's weather. The kitchen was ok. At night is was VERY noisy, don't go to this hostel if you dont intend to party! We had a problem with the check out, the reservation said 11:30 but it actually was at 11 and when I told him (I guess it was the owner) he said the reservation was wrong and that was it. Not very friendly.

Cockroaches in the bathroom and my room was next to the bathroom ... I'll just stop there.

Thanks for all your help I had a great stay.

• 14th Mar 2014

Very nice hostel, located a half a block from the beach and a half block to the main street with shops, bars, and good eats. All of the workers were very helpful and very friendly. There is no hot water at all in this hostel, which wasn't the end of the world since it's so hot in Costa. Most of the rooms don't have AC unless you book a deluxe room, but there is a huge helicopter propeller of a fan in each room which cooled it down enough. Other then no AC this was a great hostel and great guests

Excellent location! Restaurant was very handy and had great food! Arrangements for surf lessons, water taxi, and other transportation were handled by staff for us which was appreciated. If I was staying here again I would definitely take a room with A/C!

The staff and location were great. I the vibe was very homey and the staff was excellent!!!! Wish they had more hostels like this around the world.

• 24th Feb 2014

If you are backpacking in a tight very tight budget, and you just need a bed to stay, and you don't mind the noise from the bar next door , then this place will be ok.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Couple, 41+

BEDS ON BOHIO IS THE BEST

• 21st Feb 2014

Nice staff & location right next to the beach, the shared kitchen did not look good though

I booked the Deluxe room and there was nothing 'deluxe' about it. At all. Besides it was not clean. I wish I could add pictures here. Also there is no hot water in the hostel and I think this should be advertised very clearly!

The Location is very good and the restaurant is really nice. But the Rooms (we had a private double room) are pretty run down and a moldy smell welcomes you... There is a "kitchen" in the room, which is quite useless as it has only a sink and some empty cupboards. At least the room is very spacious and you have a table and two chairs in front of it. But every time you get in the room, the smell says hello again... at least, after a few minutes inside you get used to it. ;) No safe by the way.

• 13th Feb 2014

Owner is rude to his staff and should lighten up a bit and realize they're probably making $3/hour. Place is basic, but relatively clean. Restaurant staff is inattentive and slow.