Beds on Bohio Reviews

Jaco on the Central Pacific coast, Behind Papas & Burgers Art Café, Calle Bohio, Jaco, Costa Rica

This hostel is the coolest I've ever stayed in. Super friendly crew there took good care of us. Wicked surf right at the end of the street. They had surveillance cameras all over and lockers so I wasn't worried about my goods being nicked or the hire car bring ripped. The burgers in their restaurant were AMAZING I actually ate three in a day. I would go back for sure and would definitely recommend it especially if your traveling solo. The bar next door Swell was awesome too for meeting people.

• 23rd Oct 2014

Thank you so much for providing me with the best travel memories ever! I loved every second of my stay there and I can't wait to come back. Big hugs to the totally awesome staff and Banana the puppy. PS my surfing has gotten waaaay better thanks to you guys sorting me out with the lessons. Oooh and the food at Papas N Burgers was so good I still can't stop thinking about the fish n chips. Best Ive had outside of Australia. You guys absolutely rock bless you all! Hasta luego amigos!

• 23rd Oct 2014

The place was great! Super centric n good vibes.... The bar was also awsome, good music great people... Definitely i ll go there next time!

• 21st Oct 2014
  • Costa Rica

Great place; the staff and guests are always cool here (been there twice). The restaurant makes good food, and there is a bar, Swell, attached as well. Located right in the middle of the action, Beds is an ideal spot for anyone traveling to Jaco.

My only real complaint was security. There were no lights outside the rooms or on the walkway so at night it didn´t feel safe, and the entrance from the bar next door to the hostel didn´t have any way to prevent just anyone from coming inside. I also think you should accept credit cards. Our room, a private, was very nice and I appreciated being able to rent a towel.

The staff were very friendly and easy going. The location was perfect Only a block from the beach. We stayed in the 4 person private and it was great. One of the beds were really squeaky, and that was annoying. But all in all we absolutely will stay there again and really enjoyed our whole experience.

not so clean rooms. showers are dirty and to small. only cold water avalable. budged facility for high side of a budget priceline.

• 14th Aug 2014

Updating the kitchen, using a disinfectant in our room, and giving change back into the currency used (I lost about 3 bucks in dollars to colones exchanges), would have made my stay better.

• 8th Aug 2014

This place was great. Great service and location. The bar up front is loud so it might not be the best for family travel. But tge staff are all great and very helpful. The rooms are ok and the kitchen down stairs had everything we needed. Thanks beds!

• 5th Aug 2014

The dorms are very small, smelly, not clean at all and way too hot. The kitchen isn't cleaned in weeks and there are cockroaches in the bathroom. Ohyeah, there is only one bathroom (includes the toilet) for about 4 dorms (Minimum 20 people). Don't go there unless you don't have another choice.

I stay in a 6 bed dorm, room are small, with 2 inches mattress which makes it hard to have good sleep, overall cleanliness is bad, guess owners care more about the outlook of the restaurant and bar on the front, not a good party place afterall unless u want to get stoned, below average.

Very friendly and helpful staff, great location, awesome burgers, and really cool bar definitely be back someday, thanks for recommending hostel Urbano guys it was a great stay too. pura vida

I have traveled the world. This was great staff super amazing location and security perfect. And the bloke from South African at the front desk top bloke ;). 10/10 Jess