Beds on Bohio Reviews

Jaco on the Central Pacific coast, Behind Papas & Burgers Art Café, Calle Bohio, Jaco, Costa Rica

Bad managing for room assigned, every day guest didn't know where they sleep at. I could not have refund for the third night cancel. Even I noticed them the first night. I won't stay there again.

this is a great place specially is you love surfing or just chill out and have fun in a great beach like Jaco

• Costa Rica

I love this place!! Coming back for sure.

• 8th Jan 2016

Great staff that showed me a great time! People from all over the world that just want to show you what Costa Rica is all about. Awesome :) and a PERFECT location

• 8th Jan 2016

The location of this hostel was great. My first night I was woken up from a girl screaming in her room next door hearing glass shattering. It took quite a while for the incident to be handled so it kind of put me on edge the rest of the stay. The staff are great. There is a fun bar that gets pretty wild every night. I thought we had a/c in our room, so it was a bit of a shock to only have a ceiling fan in that stagnant heat.

Location is great. Atmosphere is amazing - next door to a bar affiliated with the hostel. Solid kitchen and super nice and friendly staff. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Jaco. Terrific experience.

This place was disgusting. I had a single room. There were stains on the sheets. The threat count was so low the mattress was clearly visible. The bathroom was disgusting. Also, it's right above a bar so I couldn't get decent sleep until after it closed and even then people were loud.

• 2nd Jan 2016

the hostel was in a great location , there is a restaurent and a kithen so you can either cook or eat depending on your mood. it is very very loid at night until 2-3 am because there is a bar connected to the hostel. The kitchen smelled like toilet it was not super clean and the fridge had a lot of stuff from years before ... seemed like it has never been clened. Some room had AC but not ours. They where a lots of hammok but they were gor rent so we couln't use it

Location of the hostel and its staff are great ( Jaco is a very disappointing place though). The only downside of the hostel in my opinion is that it does not accept credit card ( this is also the general problem of jaco)

The staff were super nice and the hammocks were great. However the room had absolutely no air circulation and the sheets were gross. There was only one fan four people. It was like a sauna. The kitchen was disgusting and loud music played all night. Needless to say I didn't get any sleep and I moved hostels after the first day. I would not recommend this hostel to anyone that wanted to sleep at night.

Such an a amazing hostel. The only downside is that it was extremely hot and the remote control to the AC wasn't available after 9pm. Please let us know about this at check-in!

I loved this place as it was close to the beach and the restaurant was excellent, the staff were also extremely friendly :) you can rent surf boards and it's great having the showers outside to wash the sand off before you go inside; I also loved just chilling in one of the many hammocks they had outside. I would stay here if I was ever in jaco again.

Only one bathroom, ridiculous for that space, none of the doors were ever locked, beds crammed into room, lots of sketchy people hanging around, seems like more of a spot for locals and long-term guests then travelers.

This is a great place if you want to party all night. I enjoyed being so close to the beach and shops. The tours were awesome and mostly worth the money. There was loud music until 3am every night. If that's not your scene, you wont be happy here.

• 16th Dec 2015

The staff is incredibly friendly and extremely helpful! The restaurant was delicious and convenient. The bar has a happy hour for guests and free drinks for ladies. The only drawback was the lack of air conditioning in our room. We only had a fan which still made it difficult to sleep with it being so humid. The showers do not have hot water, which trust me- is VERY refreshing considering the heat. We felt very safe there, there are bars on all the windows and double bolted doors.

There was only one bathroom for three dorms and it was dirty everytime I had to use it. Dorm itself was fine but very tiny (4 beds dorm). Kitchen is well equipped but again a bit on the dirty side. Nice bar next to the hostel with free drinks for ladies.

While booking our stay, one of the nights we booked for did not go through and it placed us for a night we didn't need. We made multiple attempts to contact Beds at Bohio and never was able to reach anyone at the facility. Three emails and about 15 calls later (never was able to leave a voicemail the number provided just rang and rang) we were stuck paying the deposit and did not get our money refunded. Would not reccommend staying here if new to the area good luck getting directiosn if lost!

• 12th Nov 2015

They are renovating the place for better, bathroom on private rooms seems to be renovated already. Beds need new mattresses though... Common kitchen doesn't have much to cook with and lacks severe cleaning.. But they have good value restaurant (where the wifi only worked) within the hostel, which might explain the lack of common kitchen care. The place has constant party vibe going on, if you are up to that. But if not, bring earplugs, bcs all the hostels around will have parties until morning.

Need more equipment in kitchen. Young women on staff were very sweet.

When we arrived in the room the bed was not done (the sheets were all spread as if someone had just slept in it), there was a dead cockroach on the floor and some trash in the kitchen and another one that came out of under the bed. The guy said that it was weird and that maybe it was because sometimes the friend of the owner come to the hostel without warning and use that room (sic). Very expensive for the filthy room it was.

• 3rd Oct 2015