Beds on Bohio Reviews

Jaco on the Central Pacific coast, Behind Papas & Burgers Art Café, Calle Bohio, Jaco, Costa Rica

Cockroaches in the bathroom and my room was next to the bathroom ... I'll just stop there.

Thanks for all your help I had a great stay.

• 14th Mar 2014

Very nice hostel, located a half a block from the beach and a half block to the main street with shops, bars, and good eats. All of the workers were very helpful and very friendly. There is no hot water at all in this hostel, which wasn't the end of the world since it's so hot in Costa. Most of the rooms don't have AC unless you book a deluxe room, but there is a huge helicopter propeller of a fan in each room which cooled it down enough. Other then no AC this was a great hostel and great guests

Excellent location! Restaurant was very handy and had great food! Arrangements for surf lessons, water taxi, and other transportation were handled by staff for us which was appreciated. If I was staying here again I would definitely take a room with A/C!

The staff and location were great. I the vibe was very homey and the staff was excellent!!!! Wish they had more hostels like this around the world.

• 24th Feb 2014

If you are backpacking in a tight very tight budget, and you just need a bed to stay, and you don't mind the noise from the bar next door , then this place will be ok.

• 23rd Feb 2014
  • Couple, 41+

BEDS ON BOHIO IS THE BEST

• 21st Feb 2014

Nice staff & location right next to the beach, the shared kitchen did not look good though

I booked the Deluxe room and there was nothing 'deluxe' about it. At all. Besides it was not clean. I wish I could add pictures here. Also there is no hot water in the hostel and I think this should be advertised very clearly!

The Location is very good and the restaurant is really nice. But the Rooms (we had a private double room) are pretty run down and a moldy smell welcomes you... There is a "kitchen" in the room, which is quite useless as it has only a sink and some empty cupboards. At least the room is very spacious and you have a table and two chairs in front of it. But every time you get in the room, the smell says hello again... at least, after a few minutes inside you get used to it. ;) No safe by the way.

• 13th Feb 2014

Owner is rude to his staff and should lighten up a bit and realize they're probably making $3/hour. Place is basic, but relatively clean. Restaurant staff is inattentive and slow.

The location and garden space was great, and drink specials for ladies every night is fantastic to have included in the price. Definitely a good vibe, but bathroom was sub-par, rooms very average, and kitchen needs more supplies.

Too loud music until 4 am, it is impossible to sleep, room completely empty, no chairs, no shelves, no closets, not a nail to hang up a bathrobe. My room was dirty and with cockroaches.

Great staff and great location. I will definitely be going back

• 31st Jan 2014

Over and above. These people know what customer service is! I was treated like royalty at BoB and will never forget the care and attention everyone received from the AWESOME management and staff.

• 18th Jan 2014

good place ! bed not so good

A pretty nice hostel, worth the money but a bit dirty and the kitchen is very porely equipped. Didn't even have a proper knife. Staff was nice and good atmosphere!

Great hostel, great location, and best atmosphere in a hostel. I would definitely go back!

• 24th Dec 2013

Great location but our room was gross. Sheets were stained and the bathroom was dirty. Our bathroom door didn't close and the curtain rod on our window would fall down. Also, very humid inside the rooms. LIke a sauna. Breakfast in the restaurant next door is good though. I would say that if you are just out to party and don't care if you sleep in a hole, you will probably like this place. If not, definitely worth spending a bit more elsewhere.

Hostel was in general very good. I did had a terrible night but was related to some roommates that came very late and very drunk/stoned (americans…) doing lots of noise and other roommate asked them to leave the run or go to sleep and they starting to fight in the room! Like 45min later a member of the staff came and solved the conflict but it was kind of scary…

• 13th Dec 2013