Beds on Bohio Reviews

Jaco on the Central Pacific coast, Behind Papas & Burgers Art Café, Calle Bohio, Jaco, Costa Rica

My only real complaint was security. There were no lights outside the rooms or on the walkway so at night it didn´t feel safe, and the entrance from the bar next door to the hostel didn´t have any way to prevent just anyone from coming inside. I also think you should accept credit cards. Our room, a private, was very nice and I appreciated being able to rent a towel.

The staff were very friendly and easy going. The location was perfect Only a block from the beach. We stayed in the 4 person private and it was great. One of the beds were really squeaky, and that was annoying. But all in all we absolutely will stay there again and really enjoyed our whole experience.

not so clean rooms. showers are dirty and to small. only cold water avalable. budged facility for high side of a budget priceline.

• 14th Aug 2014

Updating the kitchen, using a disinfectant in our room, and giving change back into the currency used (I lost about 3 bucks in dollars to colones exchanges), would have made my stay better.

• 8th Aug 2014

This place was great. Great service and location. The bar up front is loud so it might not be the best for family travel. But tge staff are all great and very helpful. The rooms are ok and the kitchen down stairs had everything we needed. Thanks beds!

• 5th Aug 2014

The dorms are very small, smelly, not clean at all and way too hot. The kitchen isn't cleaned in weeks and there are cockroaches in the bathroom. Ohyeah, there is only one bathroom (includes the toilet) for about 4 dorms (Minimum 20 people). Don't go there unless you don't have another choice.

I stay in a 6 bed dorm, room are small, with 2 inches mattress which makes it hard to have good sleep, overall cleanliness is bad, guess owners care more about the outlook of the restaurant and bar on the front, not a good party place afterall unless u want to get stoned, below average.

Very friendly and helpful staff, great location, awesome burgers, and really cool bar definitely be back someday, thanks for recommending hostel Urbano guys it was a great stay too. pura vida

I have traveled the world. This was great staff super amazing location and security perfect. And the bloke from South African at the front desk top bloke ;). 10/10 Jess

The only bad thing about this hostel is you have one bathroom for 18 people and trying to get in and use it is horrible, but other than that the staff is great and very friendly.

Terrible. (1) Owner was extremely rude and staff was inattentive; (2) Paid for but did not receive room with AC (owner shrugged his shoulders); (3) Room was dirty and sheets were stained; (4) Room was infested with mold and insects; (5) No hot water; (6) Overcharged for multiple items due to poor accounting (again, complaint met with a shoulder shrug); (7) Room lacked running water for extended period; (8) Generally unfriendly atmosphere. Good location but would recommend another hostel in area.

• 17th May 2014

great location. nice hostel. does the job.

Friendly atmosphere, but extremely hot! I wouldn't have lasted more than a day here. The greatest thing about this hostel is that the beach is within walking distance. There is a spacious kitchen for cooking, and there are enough fridge spaces. I didn't use the inside shower as I just didn't feel like it, and felt filthy.

Terrible room, at 40 dollars a night with no air con or tv! Found a room around the corner with cable and lovely air con for an extra 5 dollars a night! Staff are uninterested and not very helpful! The owner only seemed interested when I was leaving and why I was leaving early! Security can be bypassed by moving a fence so anyone can wonder Into the hostel! Only decent thing to say was the beach was at the end of the road and a lovely Canadian girl worked in the bar next door! 1/10 from me!

• 19th Apr 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for 2 nights in a private double room and it was very nice. There is no hot water at all but that's not really a problem in Jaco's weather. The kitchen was ok. At night is was VERY noisy, don't go to this hostel if you dont intend to party! We had a problem with the check out, the reservation said 11:30 but it actually was at 11 and when I told him (I guess it was the owner) he said the reservation was wrong and that was it. Not very friendly.