Begovic Boarding House Reviews

Primorska 17, Dubrovnik, Croatia

Great base to visit both Dubrovnik old town and Lapad's beaches. Not really a 'hostel-atmosphere', but clean and the staff is very friendly.

Framed in an outrageously beautiful scenery, this hostel has very good location and excellent atmosphere and very good staff, specially Boban who was an amazing host, absolutely phenomenal guy. This hostel would be nearly perfect if the room was better equipped in terms of furniture and bathroom.

Was a lovely place with great staff. Only issue was it's location which was at the top of a giant hill with 150 steps (we went up and down them so much we counted). Can be a brute to do in 30 degree heat! Was also quite expensive compared to hostels in other cities but this place was about the average price in Dubrovnik. Taking that into account it's well worth the money :)

Located near the beach. Very friendly staff

The property owner was very firendly, welcoming and helpful, showed me around the facilites and talked abou the local culture, places to see etc.

We started our trip at Bergovic Boarding House and were thoroughly pleased. The family running the place was fabulous as well as their staff, who kindly helped me out with any problems. While our private room was simple, it was very comfortable, clean and quite big. The place was a bit tricky to find, do not get confused by the house numbers as 17 does not come directly after 16! The location was great for us, beach is close and old town a 30min walk or short bus ride away. Hghly recommended!

• 14th Jul 2014

Although the position was OK the owners running this Boarding House need to separate their personal items from their business. The share kitchen included a large bin of dog food for their family dog - this does not belong in their business property. The shared dining room was so crowded with extra stuff that it was not a welcoming spot to sit. Fortunately the weather was good so all the guests sat outside but the dining area should not be a storage space for extra and unused stuff

• 6th Jul 2014

So sad to hear this from you. I was surprised in start when you told me that you travel one week around Croatia with fancy jacht and than you booked 2 cheapest dorm beds for you and your husband. That room is NOT dinning room,that is internet and storage space. So sad that you don't know difference between 5 stars hotel,fancy jachts and hostel. Best regards Begovic boarding house team

Everything was perfect. The location is so close to the beach, promenade and bus station that takes you right into Old Town. We had our rooms cleaned and towels/sheets changed every few days. The family who owns the hostel is amazing. They were so helpful with everything we needed. I'm coming back here for sure just to see them again!!

• 29th Jun 2014

Helpful landlady

The owner was top notch ,

• 31st May 2014
  • New Zealand
  • Couple, 41+

This a beautiful place to stay. Just a short bus away from Old Town. I was traveling alone and felt very safe. Stayed in a Private room which is very large and comfortable. Always had hot water. TV and small fridge in room with private bathroom. Only small comment was that mom is around which makes you feel safe but also like your mom is around watching you lol. But thats just something small. The place is great and if I ever make it back to Croatia I would stay here again!!!

• 16th May 2014

150 step climb to the hotel was rough. Our bed was only made one out of the four days we stayed. We never got clean towels even though its a beach town! The homemade shower was horrible and the hot water only lasted 5 minutes at the most.

• 23rd Sep 2013

Lovely place, relaxed, friendly and extremely helpful staff. Not far from the Old Town, very easy to get a bus or walk into town.

• 21st Aug 2013

It is located close to most of the restaurants and beach. Even the bus stop is closeby to visit the old town.

Staff is superfriendly. The location is fine since it's close to a busstop. Not cheap for a hostel (well Dubrovnik is expensive anyway), but they do offer very good facilities. Did meet some other people, but when we were just sitting/chatting on the terrace at night time we were told to leave, as it was to loudly.

Decent place to stay in Dubrovnik. Close to great swimming and a short bus ride away from the old city. Wonderful terrace. Wifi signal only covered half the hostel.. The son picked me up from the bus station and pointed out all the necessary attractions/info along the way. I found the lady who runs the hostel to be a bit rude at times, but perhaps it's a lost in translation issue. Overall, I would recommend this place as a reasonably priced, clean, and quiet place to stay in Dubrovnik.

great place and a lovely family running it!....i was alone so the son took me out for a walk with his dogs in the evening! lovely bloke! it was awesome and he then took me out for a drive afterwards. definitely went above and beyond!! i had some washing and the mum did it all for me for free!! really nice view over the water as well!.....definitely recommend this place if you fancy a quieter hostel but with excellent facilities!

This hostel is very nice but it is not a party place, it is relaxing and peaceful and quiet. It is run by a very helpful family out of there own house. So it is a small hostel.

Extremely lovely and informative couple who own the boarding house!

• 11th Jul 2013

My partner and I thought that Begovic Boarding House was, overall, an excellent place to stay. The owner, Bega, could not have been more helpful. He was happy to answer any questions by email prior to our arrival. On arrival in Dubrovnik he picked us up at the bus station and drove us to the boarding house and explained where the local amenities like the supermarket, bakers, bus stop were. He also arranged for a neighbour to give us a lift back to the bus station early on the morning we left.

• 27th Jun 2013