Beijing Downtown Backpackers Reviews

No. 85, Nanluogu Alley, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Very friendly place to stay with nice staff and very good facilities.

• 23rd Aug 2015

I did not spend much time in the hostel but the room was what I needed, good value for beijing, central location, good facilities and breakfast included. THank you.

Nice hostel! Very good located, and the bed was very comfortable! The Great Wall tour to Simatai was fantastic!

Great hostel to stay at. I recommend the hostel highly!

• 11th Aug 2015

In a nice location on one of the most popular wandering streets in Beijing, but not that close to the subway- so you had little choice but to 'wander' for quite a while before you could leave or arrive. Wasn't at all noisy which I was happily surprised at. Room clean.

Our room did not have a locker, but there were some in the basement. Not too happy about security, rooms could have keys. Free breakfast was nice and the location was great. The hutong area where the hostel was located was very lively and I could have spent a week exploring the shops. Rooms were clean, but I received a ripped bed sheet. Good thing i'm short.

Only thing that bothered me was exactly the same breakfast every day. We stayed in hostel for 4 days and we were happy for having a breakfast. But I got bored of having same food every day.

• 29th Jul 2015
  • Slovenia

El hostel es encantador, genial ambientado, con todo disponible, el desayuno es en el bar de al lado y es bastante decente (tostada, zumo, mermelada, mantequilla, huevo y Bacon). Habitaciones y baños muy limpios, ordenadores y muy buena conexión a internet. Todo genial excepto el Staff que algunos de ellos no son lo mas amables posibles y que los tours que ofrecen son un timo, no lo probé personalmente pero que te cobren 250 yuanes por ir a la muralla en bus... Deja mucho que decir.

Really nice staff. Free breakfast. Bus stops and metro are around the location. No roomkeys, we usually left the room unlocked. And laundry is not so economic. Individual bathrooms, regular clean-ups. Curtains around the bed provide good privacy. Positive feedback for my overall satisfaction at a fair price!

• 28th Jul 2015
  • HarryTruman
  • China

Extraordinary location right in the heart of one of the most popular strolling streets in Beijing. Fun for the eyes but don't try to walk in a hurry up the crowded street. The staff at the hostel are very helpful and kind, the rooms cheep and perfectly clean.

• 27th Jul 2015

Great hostel with a lovely friendly atmosphere. Will definitely use it again when my journey returns. Can't go wrong with this. Great train ticket purchase service too which made doing this so much easier and hassle free

I only stayed a couple of nights in the cheapest dorm, but it was still very enjoyable. The staff the helpful and the rooms and bathroom were clean. Plus you get a free cooked breakfast in the next door restaurant! Only downside was that the hostel themselves don't actually serve food, so you have to eat out in Nanluoguxiang which is quite pricey!

Great experience, staff were so helpful and could speak excellent English. Room was clean and hygienic.

• 13th Jul 2015

I really love the fact the hostel was located in a Hutong. The English breakfast next door was also a plus. It was good for the price, I enjoyed my time in Beijing!

• 11th Jul 2015

Very nice place!! Easy to get around the city as only 10 mins walk from metro. Rooms have great AC. Staff friendly. Nice little rooftop for hanging out. Would stay here again if returning to Beijing.

The hostel was good value for money and situated in a great location.There were good facilities such as a kitchen and to put laundry in for next day return. The hostel also conveniently organised a range of reasonably priced tours and we'd particularly recommend the 6km Great Wall hike. The only negative was that the main entrance to the hostel wasn't a lockable door and neither was the dorm room we were in. You each had lockers in the room for valuables though.

Good place to stay. I recommended to make the trip to Great Wall with then: very good. The staff it is not really friendly. I staid in one four bed room, and not possible to have the key: every time a member of staff going with you to the room, and I dont like it, no confortable

Hands down best hostel I've ever stayed in, location, staff, cleanliness, atmosphere, make sure you do the great wall trip so good!

Great location, although the fact it's located on such a busy pedestrian road doubles your walking time. Staff seemed nonchalant, but were always helpful when needed. Our double room was fine and always clean. Only minor issue with it was the lack of more than one outlet slot by the bed. The free airport pickup and included breakfast saved us some money, especially because most things nearby were overpriced.

amazing hostel