Beijing Downtown Backpackers Reviews

No. 85, Nanluogu Alley, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

This hostel is located in the middle of the hutongs of Beijing and although the street is very busy all day by tourists, the rooms were quiet. A lot of main sightseeing spots are close to reach (Forbidden City, Drum and Bell Tower) and the rest can be reached by metro and bus easily. Included breakfast in the cafe next door is absolutely okay! The rooms were clean and getting train tickets arranged by the staff worked very well. Recommendable!

Nice and friendly staff and clean hostel. Location is great, if you like walking everything is reachable. The Walking Tour on the great wall is recommendable.

Great stay! The staff were very friendly!!

Location is in a very touristy area, nice because of all the shops, but very busy, noisy, and expensive. In the hostel I missed a common kitchen to prepare your own food, and/or meet other travelers. They offer trips (and airport transportation) which is nice, but all very overprized.

• 28th Apr 2014

A busy little street but a nice area , convenient for everything , rooms were really nice and comfortable , staff more than helpful , would definitely stay there again

great staff

• 24th Apr 2014
  • New Zealand

Though we only stayed there for a night, we liked it immediately on arrival: it's got a really cool vibe, which is probably to do with all the graffiti on the walls and testimonials from previous guests - I'd definitely stay there again. Really clean, absolutely fantastic location (and easy to find) - no complaints whatsoever!

Nothing special.

Very much liked the location and the helpful staff. They organized a special arrangement so I could go on their trip to the Great Wall, which was amazing. The room was perfectly fine and clean. Will definitely come back next year.

• 15th Apr 2014

Here is a good hostel. Located at the center of Beijing's subway network.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Thailand

The opera was not what we expected., it was more after dinner theater. Room was basic, but clean. The staff helpful and great communication. However, unable to make suggestions regarding sites. This was definitely do it on your own. Security fantastic, left chargers in the room and came back in a week, the hostel held for us. With people arriving from overseas I would think it would be helpful to have information available regarding cell phone and wifi. Where to purchase, etc.

The location is great and I like that they had free breakfast, but I would recommend to have some variations with the breakfast. I had to stay for a whole week, after a few days I didn't really enjoy the food any more. I hope they will redecorate their rooftop, it's fun there, but it could be a really nice rooftop hangout place. I recommend it, because most of the common areas were in the basement, so I really didn't want to stay there. And they should consider creating a kitchen space there ;)

Very good location for a hostel, but the Internet was terrible and we had a boiler in our room that only allowed one person to shower before waiting a life time for it to re-heat enough for the next person. Reasonably priced and good tour offers.

It was a nice experience.

• 25th Mar 2014

The most hot showers I have ever used! Also it has a great location to all the main sights like forbidden city etc. Great hostel. Their Great Wall tour is also incredible!

I did have a great time staying in BJ Downtown Backpackers. Staff are nice and helpful to answer inquiries. There is a nice common room group backpackers chatting together. The provided breakfast is nice. Most importantly, it is very warm in the room in this chilly winter.

• 28th Jan 2014