Beijing Downtown Backpackers Reviews

No. 85, Nanluogu Alley, Dongcheng District, Beijing, China

Stayed near the back of the hostel, wifi signal impossible to connect.

• 31st Oct 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Good quality of the stay for the price I've paid. Beds were very comfy and bathroom was descent. They offer an amazing tour to the Great Wall! Had to get used to the fact that I didn't have my own room key but when I got back to the room later, the staff had locked it so that means they check if there's no one in there for a while and secure your stuff. Breakfast is western and very basic but the location offers enough alternatives if you need any.

Great location. Free breakfast which was a good way to meet other travelers. I stayed in a 3 bed dorm and the bed was clean but the bathroom was not the cleanest, overall I would recommend it mainly for the location!

• 13th Oct 2014

The hostel was ok when you look at the area. It was clean enough and the trips offered were brilliant. We went on the 6k Great Wall hike that was amazing! (Very hard work though!). As a whole though, Beijing is not a great place to visit. We loved the Great Wall and saw the forbidden city etc, but the place is extremely dirty, the people are constantly spitting phlegm all over the place. Just 100% behind modern civilisation.

The most unbelievably helpful staff!!!!!! They speak english well and their honest helpfulness knows no bounds. We travelled with 4 children and it was a pleasure staying here.

• 8th Oct 2014
  • Denmark

We loved our room a hich was clean and modern with a big, comfortable bed. The location could not have been better, the hutongs are awesome for walking around and there are lots of good cheap restaurants close by. Only negative was the Great Wall fun tour- basically just an expensive taxi- the guide disappeared as soon as we got there. The price doesn't include the ¥100 for the cable car to actually reach the wall. And they didn't even drop us back at the hostel, we had to walk a good 5min

Wonderful stay, friendly staff, great to have organised events and trips to join - particularly the Great Wall. Great location too!! Loved my stay in Beijing, thanks guys!

Well run, clean hostel with friendly & helpful staff. The alleyway that it is in is very busy. Be prepared to deal with crowds when getting in and out. Apart from that the location is excellent. Showers are fantastic and the 6km Great Wall hike is great.

Very friendly and helpful staff, awesome location and I liked how each bed in the 6 bed dorm had curtains around it, nice touch!!! Delicious breakfast served by friendly staff.

1 2 Next » last »