Beijing Fly by Knight Courtyard Reviews

No.6 DengCao Hutong, DongCheng District, Beijing, China

In general is clean, the layout of the bathroom is little bit weird , but considering that is quite old the place I think is normal, the staff is very friendly and with good English.

BEWARE STAFF THEFT!!!! My last night wallet & 400 dollars stolen from my room. All my ID cards, cash, everything in the wallet. Someone went through my bag. Chinese staff incredibly rude after the fact. At first I wasn't sure who stole it, but then the staff actually laughed guiltily when I reported it?!!!! Are you serious??!! Then they tried to translate the incident to the police as a "lost wallet." Really???? Also hostile and refused to turn over security footage.In &out of rooms. Thieves

We had a wonderful stay at Fly by Knight! The location is great, very central, and it was a great experience to stay in a beautiful courtyard in the Hutong. The highlight of our stay were the excellent staff who went above and beyond to make our stay perfect! They were so helpful in arranging trips, calling theaters and taxis for us - even carrying our luggage out to the taxi! - and were generally lovely to chat to! Would highly recommend this hostel and will definitely go back!

I would recommend this hostel, it was clean, the room was good, the staff were helpful and there was a good atmosphere among the travelers. The main disadvantage is that it was a bit distant from the subway - about 15 minutes walk.

• 4th Jul 2015
  • Israel

good staff...quite sector,good bathroom,no kitchen,regular internet,good AA,good location

10 out of 10 for sure! the most friendly staff in any city! I thought Beijing was known to be unfriendly (as told by some other travelers), but they've proven me wrong! the girl that always plays music help me so much with all aspect! I like the environment in this place. great hutong area, and it's near the dongsi subway, big bonus! they also have the most comfortable bed and pillow.

Very impressive hostel experience! the hostel is really deluxe in terms of facilities and service! set in a very nice traditional Chinese house, it felt like staying in a movie set (in a good way!). the location can't be better, right in the middle of all attraction sites. food choices are great and local vibes add to the bonus! lots of great travelers are staying here and we got to spend some good times together. I will stay here again for sure

The entire stay was excellent!

The hostel itself was nice -- staff was helpful, but not incredibly social. Not a problem, but just something to keep in mind. Rooms were fine and the remainder of others who stay here are friendly and courteous, but your mileage may vary. Location, as mentioned, is a little difficult to find at first. The hutong street this is on is not bad either -- the food was delicious! The tour [read: shuttle bus] is very convenient; we felt Jinshanling is worth the time and distance over Mutianyu.

• 1st May 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This hostel is very accommodating and the staff is friendly. The facilities are satisfactory, but could be cleaner. The environment is relaxed and friendly.

Located in the middle of a small neighbourhood. Kind of confusing to find at first, but once you know your way around it's great. Very close to the subway station. Helpful staff too. Not the most lively place though...but very authentic building