Beijing Leo Courtyard Reviews

Zhushikouxi Dajie Shanxixiang22, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Hotels that have exactly the right location at the heart of the city and transportation in Beijing. Every night is always crowded with hawkers, cafes, shopping centers, and other facilities.

• 28th Jun 2015

Neg. : Private room are not really clean, there was some pieces of the roof that fall in the bed and I've seen a cockroach. The bathroom is awful, always smells humidity because no window and the fan didn't really work. Staff don't speak english and is not friendly at all except for one guy Pos. : Close to a metro station, but really "deep" in a robbish hutong. Really cheap. Comment : they don't really clean the room, only change the towels and sometimes, make the bed.

• 25th Jun 2015

I loved this hostel Local Beijing!! Staff are amazing!! very friendly and helpful. Just a block away from subway station and there're 7or2 lines you can use, easy access to anywhere in Beijing. Around hostel area is very safe. There is a supermarket and eating places nearby, so very convenient! I recommend this hostel whoever comes to Beijing!!!!

A great hostel with fabulous amenities, safe feeling location, and a good bar. One downside are that the instructions to the hostel are a bit confusing。Because the hostel is very tradition chinese building

My stay was great! The staff was friendly, and helpful. Even the other guests were really nice. I found it relaxing to go back a quiet neighborhood at the end of the night. I wasn't a late night partier in Beijing like I can be at home - so it was nice to come back to a safe place and still see comedy or music.

The restrooms and shower rooms were disgusting. There were random cats that got into our room somehow. They say on the website that towels are included but they are not, you have to pay to use them. And they don't mention the 300 RMB deposit for the room keys. The subway/walking directions to the hostel are very clear, and the front desk staff speaks very good English. I also love that the checkout time can be whenever you want. Overall, I've been to better hostels & I wouldn't come back.

• 20th Jun 2015

Unhelpful staff. Flies cooked into the food and food poisoning soon to follow. Cheap for Beijing and good location. Stay somewhere else if you can.

This is the worst hostel we stayed in during our visit to china. We stayed in a private double and it was below average. The bathroom was make shift with no proper drainage system and so smelt very bad and was damp and mouldy. The atmosphere was not good, in fact none existent. There were clothes hanging in every available space. There was no communal area and you could not sit in the bar area for the wifi with your own drink. The internet was a joke and it was so slow.

• 13th Jun 2015

Location is very good, traditional hutong area. Some of the staff was not very kind, but the rooms are good as is the bar.

this hostel was the first one I stayed in in China, it was well located and what really made it was the great staff.

overall we had a great stay!! stayed on for an extra 3 nights!! location is easy to find loads of hostels around as well just follow the map!!cheap drinks and food around hostel staff always helpful!! just the room was a 10 bed and the door was always open!!! good stay tho :)

Pros: Very close to Tain'an Men Square. (about a 10-15 min walk). Close to walking/shopping street, food etc. Cons: Built into an old Hutong. The walls don't keep out sound very well and the workers communicate via loud walkie talkies during all hours of the day/night/morning (bring ear plugs). They have a bar/restaurant, but when we were there there was only one staff working, so service was SLOW. Depending on who is on duty they are either helpful, or not very helpful.

Leo Courtyard is the perfect place if you are looking for a cheap and well-located hostel. We took a double bed room with my friend during 3 nights and it was really easy from here to visit the city, and the area around is nice as well, with restaurants, bars... The room was simple but very correct, not too noisy. The staff was helpful and patient, we also booked our trip to the great wall from the hostel and we spent a really good time. The guide was nice and spoke well English.

• 22nd May 2015

A truly great location within walking distance of Beijing's most notable sites. The neighborhood which it is situated also has tons and tons of places to eat great local food.

I booked a room for 5 nights and when we arrived to the hostel they told us they didn't have the room we book without any explanation. They offer us to sleep in a dorm and we accepted because it was to late to look for another hostel. So we slept there that night and next morning we did the check out. The staff was so unpolite and not efficient! Even they were laughing about the situation. Disgusting!

Location was fantastic, as it was close to Dashilar shopping street and Qianmen area. Our room didn't have any lockers in it, though I didn't feel like my stuff was at risk. Bathrooms were clean, though one of the toilets didn't work too well while we were there. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

I chose this place because of the price, and I would do it again, just make sure to manage your expectations. I really liked the location and the dorm beds were comfortable. Staff spoke basically no English and seemed uncomfortable trying to communicate. I booked a double room and they had given it to someone else when I arrived and they were unapologetic. Wifi was patchy and restaurant isn't much of anything, but the bar was cheap! Order beer - cocktails weren't great.

An interesting building tucked away in the side streets of Beijing, I never would have expected to find a hostel there. It is located just a 10 minute walk from Tiananmen Square and a major metro line. The dorm room was good and had good lockers which was a plus. The wifi worked about as well as can be expected in China. It has a nice relaxing bar where you can get a drink while using your computer too.

If I would have left my reference after my 1st staying it would have been a 100% positive. After that I made a reservation to their partner hostel at the Great Wall, they lost it, it was May 1st and the city overcrowded. After 6 hour waiting for a solution they gave me a bed in a staff room and I was supposed to use a public toilet which was dirty. They asked me 100RMB per night anyway without considering the inconvenient, and smiling they gave me a 10rmb free drink. Not fun.

Nice hostel!!!