Beijing Leo Courtyard Reviews

Zhushikouxi Dajie Shanxixiang22, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

Nice staff, give me useful information. Wonderful yard, very Chinese style.

• 19th Nov 2014
  • China

Its ok for a night or two but nothing more, we stayed 3 and that felt like too long. Its full with Chinese students so if you want to brush up on mandarin then this is the place for you. The showers are very dirty due to the high volume of people also. Great location though so it depends what your willing to put with

Ok hostel no more no less!

Excellent location! Good price! Good Ancient Wall tour as well!

really nice stuff and a good place to be. Would go there again.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • Japan

nice hostel in an old building. dorm room was a little bit cramped but clean. we had an ensuite but the door didnt shut so we always used the shared toilets, at least one of which was blocked every morning but it always seemed to get cleared once the cleaners got to their rounds. location was really good, walking distance from the major sights. we enjoyed our stay here

Helpful staff, got a 3 person room instead of a dorm which was nice. would stay here again.

I suspect Leo Courtyard is the neglected stepchild in the family... Location is not on a busy alley, the bar is a bit quiet and while they do serve a nice breakfast thats about it. Rooms are okay, I was in the four bunk mixed dorm. Aircon works, ensuite toilet and shower. Beds a bit short for my 191 cm. The ensuite bathroom also means ideal condition for roaches. So expect to see a few. Staff was very helpful, but they need a bartender course. ;-) But they did have cheap draft beer.

Great staff and friendly atmosphere, really easygoing: socialize if you want or be a hermit at peace, can really recommend it!

Perfect location, comfortable beds, hot water available, cheap laundry service and interesting tours available at reception desk. Highly recomended

Overall, the Leo Courtyard Hostel is you're average hostel. The staff speaks English and was helpful in giving me recommendations for food around the local area. It is a little tricky to find because it's a bit off of the beaten path. But, I am a foreigner and I was put in an 8-bed dorm room with all Chinese people. They were very friendly but it made it difficult as a a solo traveler to meet other travelers. I suggest groups are good for this hostel and if you're traveling alone, go elsewhere.

The adress on the website is not the right one, so we spent two hours looking for the hostel at night. We called but nobody was able to explain us how to come. The equipment was bad: we decided not to take a shower as it was too dirty, the breakfast service was awful, the staff did not look at us when we sit and we had to ask three times to be served. I lived in Beijing in 2013, I know many hostels there. This one is as expensive as other ones that are better (Red Lantern, Peking Yar)

Close to touristy stuff but not swarming with tourists itself. If I planned to stay in this area in the future I would choose this hostel again.

• 5th Aug 2014

Good position in the ancient part of Beijing, the hostel is closed to many important sites of the city and specially to the subway. Join the hostel's tour!!!

• 1st Aug 2014

The bathroom in the dorm was disgusting, even right after the woman cleans it. The cleaning woman would come in very early in the morning and was not quiet about it.

This is a good choice for those who want a more Chinese experience. Quiet and affordable, but not a great place for meeting people.

a good place to stay, i would prabably staty there again

The hostel is a little tricky to find because it's located on a hutong and the map that they provide you do not consider the hutongs in the directions, just the main streets. It's located on a walking distance of tianamen square, subway station and forbidden city. Very nice english speaker staff. They also book tours, if you want to. I highly recommend to do the ancient secret great wall tour with them! We went to a very calm and peaceful place in the great wall!

Staff were fine but only one guy with a good standard of english, the rest appeared to have difficulty but they always tried to help anyway. The worst part about this hostel is the noise, since all the rooms back onto the main courtyard which gets noisy early in the morning. Additionally, they play some weird elevator music on a loop, which you can't hear in the rooms but if you sit in the courtyard it will drive you insane, I don't know how the staff cope. Beds weren't great but good location.

ou room wasn't cleaned at all during the 6 nights I stayed here and several other guests came and went so they weren't waiting for the dorm occupants to change. With 10 beds to one bathroom this was a little gross but the hostel is very cheap for the location so if you're happy to clean the shower before using it then it's fine

• 29th May 2014