Beijing Leo Courtyard Reviews

Zhushikouxi Dajie Shanxixiang22, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

The hostel was nice and cosy, but the street indications were very bad. It wasn't so easy to get there. But the staff was nice enough to come and pick us up since we got lost. Thus, please review your indications to get to the hostel, because all in all the experience there was nice.

• 14th Apr 2014

The hostel is a little bit hidden in a very small road, it would be nice to get more detailed instructions on how to get there. The Atmosphere was a bit silent, you don't meet a lot of people.. the bar is quite empty most of the times

• 6th Apr 2014

1. It is not true that they do not accept chinese citizens. It was crowdy of Chinese... 2. 3 toilet in the first floor for all the people. One was broken during all my stay. 3. Staff no nice. 4. A/C just for cooling not to warm

• 4th Apr 2014
  • Spain

Just one big problem for the room I booked : CLEANLINESS, toilet very dirty as well as the floor, holes in the wall...

• 4th Apr 2014

Terrific atmosphere, especially the old courtyard. Great place to read a book or do email. Very nice and helpful staff. I've stayed there for years--- try to get one of the rooms on the courtyard.

I read some pretty nasty reviews on this place and I still have no idea why! The hostel is fantastically situated near Tiananamen Square and the staff were very helpful in dealing with our problems. Regarding the room, it wasn't the best by any means, shower wasn't great, but for somewhere to put your head down it was perfect. Nice and quiet hostel too to get you away from the hustle and bustle of Beijing!

• 31st Mar 2014

The hostel would be better if there wasn't the smell of cat everywhere! The double room was very very standard, not very clean, especially the bathroom . I would only recommend this place to backpackers with very small budgets. Also, the cleaning lady was very annoying, banging at our door at 9 every morning and pushing us to leave at 10 when we had the room until 12pm!!

• 23rd Mar 2014

The hostel was about a 5 minute walk from the Metro. The staff at the hostel were friendly and helpful with fairly good English. The atmosphere here was good as the staff were friendly and there were a lot of regulars in the bar who always seemed friendly and helpful. The cleaner came in everyday to change our towels and wash the floor in our room. We were a bit disappointed with the 'bar and restaurant' which didn't actually serve food and the prices for drinks were a bit high.

Really nice hostel, with nice staff, perfect location and everything that you are expecting!

we stayed in a private, the room was good. the area is good too even though the street looks a little shady. there are many restaurants and corner stores in the neighborhood just the metro station is not that close. unfortunately there is no real kitchen but on the whole the hostel is pretty good.

If you compare it to a lot of hostels then this hostels cleanliness was average, however, the bathroom was poor. We didn't have hot water for a day but a staff member was very helpful in sorting this out as quickly as possible, which was nice. The position of the hostel was excellent, its about a 5 minute walk away from the forbidden city and Tiananmen Square. The hostel was cheap we stayed in a dorm and if i remember correctly it was about £4 a night so overall was good value for money.

We were 4 friends who were visiting Beijing for a week and stayed here for a total of 5 nights in 2 double bedrooms. I liked this hostel a lot! the staff were very friendly, I met the owner of the hostel Leo and he performed a Chinese song for us. The bar is fun with a ton of boardgames. The rooms are decent. Closest metro station is about 15 minute walk from the hostel. As someone who values atmosphere and vibe of a place much more than luxury, I loved this hostel.

• 21st Jan 2014
  • Russia

Good place to stay, walking distance of metro and the shops etc, a good selection of restaurants close by. Some staff spoke good English. Trips are available. Could be cleaner, but not bad. Nice and warm with heating as it was very cold outside when we stayed. Overall a pleasant stay.

I was disappointed with this hostel, was the worst hostel I stayed in on my trip. The rooms aren't nice, and the bathroom smelt so couldn't face having a shower.

Overall, the place was fine, however I believe that the cleanliness of of the toilets needed improvement. Also the directions that I followed from online page were a lot more complicated and I found it hard locate. The subway directions should have been mentioned online.

We had a great time in Leo Courtyard specially the stuff was extremelly helpful and fun. It is a 10 minute walk to the nearest subway station.

Toilets and showers pretty dirty. no door on the toilets wich are pretty much just a hole, everyone passing gets to see you... Very very cold!

Certainly a good deal, the neighborhood in front of 前门 is awesome and certainly compensates the 10 minute walk you have to take to one of the three metro stations around. The courtyard is nice, not all the rooms are in there though.

• 13th Dec 2013

The accommodation at first was all ok, however we had visit from small cockroaches in our room, if wasn`t this situation we would think great.

while I feel that I am the courtyard is very difficult to find in Qianmen ,but everything is OK