Beijing Leo Courtyard Reviews

Zhushikouxi Dajie Shanxixiang22, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

This is my third time staying at leo courtyard. The location is amazing, just down the street from tian'anmen square and has a metro station nearby. I will stay again next time I'm in Beijing.

• 21st Mar 2015

So easy to find.So many food around here. So cheap in the big city.I live in a mix dorm of 10.I like here

good hostel, close to everything, will recommend.Staff is very helpful, smiley and pleasant

Grand old place in need of a restoration makeover, but still a good experience. I've been stating there when in Beijing since it was the old Shanglin Hotel. Wonderful courtyard, it's greatest asset. Staff very friendly and helpful with excellent command of English. Try for a room on the courtyard.

This hostel is ok, it has a nice, traditional feeling to it and the rooms are clean and very warm! It's a good place to meet new friends and they also have some cool cats roaming around :) The only thing is that they were sort of confused about my reservation and didn't seem to find a record of it. It was ok in the end though. The hostel is located in a hutong, but in Beijing you have street signs in English everywhere and in my opinion it's pretty hard to not find it, I had no trouble at all.

On arrival and early departure the staff wasn't very friendly. They also were not aware of site closures. It is just a dirty old building in the heart of Beijing.

The directions to the hostel I found quite difficult to follow from the subway station. When we arrived we were told there were no more room key cards?!?! The room they showed us smelt of damp and there were damp patches on the wall. I complained and eventually we were moved to another room after initially being told there were no rooms available.

Thank you for your comments. We have already cleaned up the damp patches. Actually we have upgrated you a triple room... Sorry for the room cards. Because the day you checked in our hostel was filled and crowd, there is no more room card that we can provided. We already improved our room card now.

In sum I would not recommend this hostel. Tge staff is not unfriendly and not reall interested in their guests. Our room was filthy and the bathroom smelly. Moreover we did not have hot water in the bathroom!! In the same area there are plenty of hostels, better choose one of those for your stay in Beijing!

Thank you for the comment. We sincerely apologize for the incovenience cause to you by our hardware in the hostel. We are trying to improve these features now.And we sincerely hope we can give you better exprirence next time.

Nice staff, give me useful information. Wonderful yard, very Chinese style.

Its ok for a night or two but nothing more, we stayed 3 and that felt like too long. Its full with Chinese students so if you want to brush up on mandarin then this is the place for you. The showers are very dirty due to the high volume of people also. Great location though so it depends what your willing to put with