Beijing Leo Courtyard Reviews

Zhushikouxi Dajie Shanxixiang22, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

A great hostel with fabulous amenities, safe feeling location, and a good bar. One downside are that the instructions to the hostel are a bit confusing。Because the hostel is very tradition chinese building

My stay was great! The staff was friendly, and helpful. Even the other guests were really nice. I found it relaxing to go back a quiet neighborhood at the end of the night. I wasn't a late night partier in Beijing like I can be at home - so it was nice to come back to a safe place and still see comedy or music.

The restrooms and shower rooms were disgusting. There were random cats that got into our room somehow. They say on the website that towels are included but they are not, you have to pay to use them. And they don't mention the 300 RMB deposit for the room keys. The subway/walking directions to the hostel are very clear, and the front desk staff speaks very good English. I also love that the checkout time can be whenever you want. Overall, I've been to better hostels & I wouldn't come back.

• 20th Jun 2015

Unhelpful staff. Flies cooked into the food and food poisoning soon to follow. Cheap for Beijing and good location. Stay somewhere else if you can.

This is the worst hostel we stayed in during our visit to china. We stayed in a private double and it was below average. The bathroom was make shift with no proper drainage system and so smelt very bad and was damp and mouldy. The atmosphere was not good, in fact none existent. There were clothes hanging in every available space. There was no communal area and you could not sit in the bar area for the wifi with your own drink. The internet was a joke and it was so slow.

• 13th Jun 2015

Location is very good, traditional hutong area. Some of the staff was not very kind, but the rooms are good as is the bar.

this hostel was the first one I stayed in in China, it was well located and what really made it was the great staff.

overall we had a great stay!! stayed on for an extra 3 nights!! location is easy to find loads of hostels around as well just follow the map!!cheap drinks and food around hostel staff always helpful!! just the room was a 10 bed and the door was always open!!! good stay tho :)

Pros: Very close to Tain'an Men Square. (about a 10-15 min walk). Close to walking/shopping street, food etc. Cons: Built into an old Hutong. The walls don't keep out sound very well and the workers communicate via loud walkie talkies during all hours of the day/night/morning (bring ear plugs). They have a bar/restaurant, but when we were there there was only one staff working, so service was SLOW. Depending on who is on duty they are either helpful, or not very helpful.

1 2 Next » last »