Beijing Leo Hostel Reviews

A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie, Qianmen, Beijing, China

Really really enjoyed my stay at Leo hostel, a perfect environment to meet new people in the best location

• 19th Jul 2014

Hello, and thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again next time for an even better stay. Regards, LH :)

This would be a fine hostel if it wasnt for a few key things: security and cleanliness. Dorm doors are never locked so people can walk in and out as they please. This is more to do with the guests than the hostel, I was not happy coming back in everyday to an unlocked door. Secondly, not enough toilets and showers and they were absolutely disgusting, always. Again it's down to the guests who clearly don't know how to live in a communal way, but that means the hostel should step up the cleaning.

When I booked my 12 bed dorm room they moved me into a 14 bed dorm room and when I asked why they told me it's the same room it's just one more bed in there. Into the room everybody could enter without using a key. The facilities had no door to close so everybody could watch you brushing your teeth. One shower had a door, the other one only a curtain. Both were hairy and dirty. Same as the toilets. Western toilets but dirty. The staff didn't clean well. And my bed felt like it would fall apart.

Hello, and thank you for your comments. We have a 10 bed dorm and a 14 bed dorm next to each other - to make things simpler they are often called 12 bed dorms! However, we have now changed this. Please note that all dorm rooms have locks. We are full almost everyday now and have many tour groups staying - so sometimes it can be hard to keep the public toilets/showers spotless. However, we will try our best to improve this! We really hope to see you next time for a better stay! Take care, LH :)

I love this place. But i thought bath room is pretty dirty staff should clean up sometime in bathroom shloud have ventilators for flowing hot air whlie shower but also overall i love Leo hostel :)

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Thailand

Hello, thank you for your comments. We are almost full everyday now, so the public areas can be hard to manage. However, we have added signs asking guests to keep public areas clean and we have also changed our cleaning rota. We hope you will love our place even more the next time you stay! Regards, LH :)

Leo Hostel is still a great, cheap, option for Beijing. This time I stayed in a private room (off of the main courtyard), and it was comfortable and reasonably priced with a good shower. The bar is always a good atmosphere :)

Hello, and thank you for your great comments! See you next time :) Regards, LH

I've stayed here multiple times, and it is definitely my favorite hostel in Beijing. The management truly understands the wants and needs of international guests. However, this time I found that many of the things offered in writing at the bar were not actually available--the beer tower was broken, the drink specials advertised over the bar were no longer available, and coffee could only be served during the morning on some days. Please update your signs!

Hello, and thank you for your loyal support! Sorry, the draft beer dispenser has had problems recently, as has the coffee machine (too busy!)... However, it is all fixed now. We still offer drink specials - perhaps you spoke to a new member of staff (?) or we ran out of tequila! Anyway, if you notice any problems, please find one of the managers or put a note in one of our suggestions boxes. Thanks again for staying with us again. Take care, LH :)

The staff was very friendly. I very much felt welcomed by everyone. The cafe was very convenient and with the dorms, you definitely get a good value for your money. I'd recommend the hostel!

Hello, thank you for your comments. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We hope to see you next time! Take care, LH :D

Good location! Near many restaurants.

Hello, thank you for your comments. Everyone likes our location. There's always something to see on the street... See you next time! Regards, LH

Hotel room was clean but there was bad smell for both in the room and toilet.

Hello, and thank you for your comments. If you have a problem with your room please ask reception to check it for you. See you next time! Regards, LH

By chance the snooker table outside the dormitory should not be used after 10pm.All activities should remain downstairs. A toilet for revellers downstairs will give quite sleepto those resting for the next day.

Hello. Thank you for your comments. Sorry, the pool table should not be used after 10pm - there is also a sign! Thank you for your idea about the downstairs toilet. See you next time! LH :)

Staff was extremely rude, the guy at the bar started to scream at me two times only because I asked him to repeat the incomprehensible words he was trying to say. Another one at the reception laughed at me when I asked my money back because they couldn't provide a locker, they had lost the locker keys. Their English are extremely poor. it is a very dirty place, disgusting, they don't clean the toilets. atmosphere is the worst, a lot of Chinese guests spitting and smoking inside the room

Hello, thank you for your comments. We are very sorry about your experience. We will change our night staff as soon as possible! You should also not be in the same room with Chinese guests. We really hope you come back again and if you have a problem - please ask for the manager. Take care and hope to see you next time... LH

Leo Hostel is in a good location and the hostel bar/restaurant has a good atmosphere. I reserved a single room but I was not happy with it as the room was not ready when I arrived. I requested for it to be cleaned and although the sheets were changed and the trash taken out the bathroom was dusty and dirty. The room also did not have any windows which may it very musty. I tried to avoid spending the least amount of time necessary in my room.

Hello and thank you for your comments. Sorry, we are sometimes very busy. However, we were able to change your single room booking into a double room. We are really happy that you enjoyed our atmospheric 24hr bar and restaurant - its one of the biggest in Beijing and its a great place to meet new friends. We look forward to seeing you again next time! Take care and happy travels :)... LH

overcrowded, bad service especially in the bar and in the "reception", bad food, bad information, expensive tours can NOT be recommended

• 7th Jun 2014
  • Denmark

Hello and thank you for your comments. We are quite a popular hostel, so sometimes we have tour groups staying. Our Restaurant/24 hour bar is also very popular with guests from other hostels, so our staff can sometimes be very busy! Most guests really enjoy our unique tours - as you can see from our comments books. We really hope you have a better stay next time - and if you have a problem please speak to manager NOODLES or JOE. Take care... LH :)

A hostel with a very nice courtyard. it is quiet and i had a good sleep here. the price wasn't increased at a peak season. that's great! but the sheets and pillow have an awful smell :(

Hello, thank you for your comments. We would be happy to change your sheets - please tell reception! See you next time, LH

If you want a place to stay in Beijing, please go to Beijing Leo Hostel. Location is great and environment is friendly. Second time, I go there - great reference for Beijing's travelers.

• 26th May 2014

Hello, and thank you for staying with us again. We are perhaps Beijing's oldest hostel and we hope to keep improving! See you next time for an even better stay! Regards, LH

I was a little upset that the staff didn't notify me upon check-in that they had luggage storage available. The lockers were unable to accommodate even the smallest of backpacks, so many guests just had to leave their backpacks on their beds.

Hello. Thank you for your comments. Our room lockers are big enough for laptops and other valuables, so most people only use our storage room when they check out. You are welcome to store your bag in our store room during your stay, however. See you next time for another great stay! Regards, LH.

Very good party atmosphere. Expensive food and beer though.

Lovely hostel, friendly and helpful staff, good food! Fantastic location, my room was nice and quiet. They organize a cool trip to the Great Wall which is good value for money but the time on the Wall (2 hrs) was a little short for me - but then again I am a long distance runner. The internet is not always working perfectly though and unfortunately the showers smell of urine... All in all, I would recommend the hostel but it´s a good idea to bring shower shoes ;) Would come again!

• 17th May 2014

Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• 5th May 2014

Hello.Thank you for your great comments! We hope to see you next time! Regrds, LH.

One of the best hostels I've seen so far, except for the showers/toilets. Staff was awesome, many people in common area (which is a bar, people do not come only from Leo there) with always a good atmosphere there, and lots of beers. Location is perfect, right on the edge of both touristic and much less touristic areas. Only 2 things I didn't really like: lots of lockers have an almost non-functional lock (you can open them without key quite easily), and the showers & toilets that are not clean.

Hello. Thank you for your great comments! We are happy that you liked our socialable bar - we are also quite famous for our food. You need to attach a lock to the lockers(!). You can use your own lock or rent one from reception. See you next time! Regads, LH.

« first « Prev 1 2 3