Beijing Leo Hostel Reviews

A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie, Qianmen, Beijing, China

Great hostel, very comfortable, and really friendly staff. Best thing about the hostel is the location, just a short walk from Forbide City and Tiananmen Square and in a nice Hutong area

• 17th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Very good hostel, very good value for money and very friendly staff. However, I wouldn't book a tour to the Great Wall with them as it was a bit disappointed. Check in other hostels or travel agency and ask before what exactly you're going to do.

Only one PC was available to check emails. Table for the emails was not good to type emails. The rest was perfect.

• 8th Apr 2014
  • Singapore

Hello. Thank you for your comments. Most guests have computers or phones that can use our FREE WIFI, so we only have one FREE PC. We do not want the table to be too comfortable, as then guests will sit there all day and not allow other guests to use it! See you next time for another great stay. LH

Dirty sheets, towels, and bathroom. Bathroom light didn't work for a night and was not fixed promptly, though management did give us a refund for half the price of the room for the night the light did not work. Wifi only works in the lobby. The Great Wall tour was enjoyable and reasonably priced, however. It was nice to go to a part of the wall that was not overrun by tourists.

• 4th Apr 2014

Hello. Thank you for your comments. We are sorry that you were not satisfied with your refund. It is unfortunate that our repairman was not available sooner. Wifi works (usually!) all over the hostel. If there is a problem, please tell reception. It's good hear that you enjoyed our famous Secret Wall tour - the best choice for people wanting to visit a quiet part of the Wall with unrestored sections. See you next time. LH

definitely the best hostel in beijng. good location, nice stuff, and i love the secret great wall tour. rocommend

Hello. Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you next time! LH

Leo's is in a really great location and they offer really great tours. Ideal if you only have a few days to explore Beijing as it's right by Tiananmen Square and the forbidden city. Staff are really helpful

Hello. Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you next time! LH

Leo Hostel is very conveniently located, has a good atmosphere and offers a great value for money!

Hello. Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you next time! LH

Great place to stay, friendly staff, good location and great price. My favourite hostel in china that I stayed in.

• 25th Mar 2014

Hello. Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you next time! LH

This is the best hostel I how ever been! The environment is really nice. The courtyard in the hostel is a really nice place for rest which made me feel so relax. And I have to say the bar is awesome. Music are good, ppl chatting to each other. The staff are so nice and helpful. I.like to talk with them so much ! Over all, this is a perfect hostel !

• 22nd Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hello. Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you next time! LH

The hostel has an excellent location, close to the subway station, Tianamen Square and the Forbidden City. Although one of the common toilets (dorms) had not the light sensor working properly, I think it is a good choice in terms of value for money. The staff was very kind and helpful and I felt a good environment that mixed international and local tourists.

This hostel is not nice at all. The bathroom are really dirty and smells so bad. It also said no Chinese people in the room, but all our roommates were Chinese. There were very sweet but noisy . The food at is also really bad. We also ordered a long Island icetea, it was not what we got, still no I idea about what we were drinking. The matress in the room was so hard, but thats just china, i guees. Worst place i ever stayed at ( and i've stayed some pretty bad places)

The location is perfect, a short walk to the metro station, and a longer walk to the Forbidden City and Tiananmen Square. I enjoyed the feeling staying in a real, traditional and authentic neighborhood rather than a large commercial hotel facing on to a busy street. If you want to stay somewhere a bit different then I think this is the hotel for you.

• 15th Mar 2014

Leo hostel is a really nice hostel ! The staff are so nice. Gray is great !They willing to talk to the customers. It wad really interesting to talk to them ! The bar in the hostel is awesome ! A lot of different kinda alcohol and they are so cheap ! The atmosphere of the bar is so good made me feel so relax. The food are also delicious! I like it so much to chilling in the bar! It was really nice ! And the rooms in the hostel are also clean and new ! I highly recommend this hostel !

• 14th Mar 2014

Hello. Thank you for your great comments. We will see you next time! LH

Great location and nice restaurant bar area. I stayed in a shared room with 3 other Chinese girls. There was no heating in the room, and the air conditioner dvice installed above one of the beds meant that the people on the top bunks would get all the heat, while people on the bottom bunks would freeze. The room had no window and was close to the bar, so bit noisy. We shared the bathroom/ wetroom (shower) & the floor was wet. After 2 days I changed the hostel as found a better deal.

Amazing hostel! their english is brilliant! The bar is good, the food was good, the dorms were clean and the bed was made everyday. The staff is very friendly and even thaught me chinese words! booked me my tour of the secret wall. Highly recommend this place! The Leo Hostel is really near the Tiananmen Square, so you don't have to walk far! Gary is great!

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Vietnam

Hello. Thank you for your great comments. We will see you next time! LH

Leo's hostel has a brilliant location less than 5 minuets from Tiananmen Square which is then connected to the Forbidden City. The friendly staff helped me find local eating places even though they had a restaurant within the hostel which we also used and enjoyed. Local beer was good either draft of bottle. The local area offer lots of interesting places to see local Chinese people who are very friendly and always smile and say ni hao, hello. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• 12th Mar 2014
  • Couple, 41+

Hello. Thank you for your great comments. We will see you next time! LH

I think the price may be cheapest in the whole Beijing City,it is really cost effective for our bag packers. Loved its decoration style, the room and also the location.Very convenient to go to Forbidden city and the subway and the Heaven temple.And they have the most amazing Great Wall tour.

• 8th Mar 2014

Hello, thank you for your kind comments & see you next time! LH

This is a lovely hostel. The staff are so nice. Especially the staff in the front desk. They gave a lot of information about things to see in the city. They are always happy to see you when you walk in. And the bar in Leo hostel is awesome. The atmosphere is so good. Lot of friendly people cheap drinks yummy food etc. I'll definitely stay there again when I next visit Beijing. ^^

• 7th Mar 2014
  • Hong Kong

Hello, thank you for your comments. Please spread the word - we are a great place to stay! If anyone has any problems - please tell reception or the manager - NOODLES! See you next time, Leo Hostel.

Lovely place and fabulous Chinese style decorationsThe location is also very convenient to go typical scenic spots in Beijing,Forbidden city and China national museum only fifteen minutes walking. The only inconvenience is its washroom,locker is broken. The Great Wall tour Leo had can exceed all my expectations! Definitely recommend to all the other guys!

• 6th Mar 2014
  • British Indian Ocean Territory

The hostel is very well located, walking distance from the forbidden city, shopping areas and the metro. Also the atmosphere is great and the bar downstairs really cool. On the downside, when I got to the hostel the bed I was given had been used and had no clean sheets. Also they are well known for the secret great wall tour but despite the fact that indeed they take you to a less known area with no tourists, the tour was supposed to finish at 1730. By little more than 2 oclock we were back.

« first « Prev 1 2 3