Beijing Leo Hostel Reviews

A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie, Qianmen, Beijing, China

Great staff and ample rooms

Hello, and thank you for your great comments. We hope to see you next time for another great stay! Regards, LH :)

Fácil de encontrar, cerca de un metro, lo que es extremadamente útil. Además esta ubicado en medio de un área de hutons muy pintoresca, bueno para salir a caminar, cerca de una oficina para comprar pasajes de tren. El personal habla inglés muy bien. Lo único malo es que en la zona de bar/restaurant ponen todo el tiempo la misma música y no se puede comer comida de otro lugar, sólo comprar ahí

Hello, and thank you for your comments. Yes, we have a great location in the historic hutong market streets and right next to the metro/subway.. Next time - please stay on a (*Tequila*) Tuesday, when the music is mostly in Spanish! See you next time, LH ;)

Overall very happy with the Hostel, couldn't want more socially especially for a lone traveler. GREAT bar area that is the center of activity through the day and night meaning i could make a new group of friends whenever needed. Staff could have been a tad more friendly when checking in, asking without a smile or greeting whether or not i had a reservation (this place books out quick) but the pool table and darts board were great for concluding a long day exploring the Hutongs (alleys) close by

Hello, thank you for your comments. We are very happy that you enjoyed our sociable restaurant/bar. We will try to improve our service! See you next time - LH :)

Is an excellent option in Beijing, close to the Tiananmen square and main sights. The bathrooms are few for the dormitories, so sometimes you have to wait for taking a shower. The bar is pretty good to chill out and refresh with some beers. The tours to the great wall are highly recommended to book them with the hostel to avoid multitudes and touristic traps. Recommended Hostel in Beijing, clean and with good atmosphere.

Hello, and thank you for your comments. Please remember that there are public showers at both ends of the hostel - so if you are waiting please try the other side ;) We are really happy that you liked our big, sociable restaurant/bar, and thank you very much for recommending our very popular Secret Great Wall tour - enjoy a wonder of the world... in peace! Take care and see you next time! Regards, LH :)

Not very cheap but a great location to stay in Beijing right by forbidden city. Food was ok however it was a little frustrating when numerous things on menu weren't available. Rooms need some upkeep as the double room wasnt very clean. Also I recommend training the staff to talk in lower voices as they were extremely loud right outside my room at 6am every morning.

Hello and thank you for your comments. We are very sorry, we apologize on behalf of our restaurant staff - they should tell you if something is not available (which is not often). We will remind our cleaning staff to keep quiet at all times of the day. See you next time! Regards, LH.

It was useful that they had a scale to weigh my luggage. They were also helpful when my bedsheets still needed to be changed quite late in the evening and with questions about the locker.

Hello, and thank you for your comments. We are very happy that you liked our new big digital scales. Again, if guests would like to change sheets or rent a locker, please ask at reception. Reception is open 24 hours. Take care and see you next time! Regards, LH ;)

Great hostel! Travelling alone, this was a great place to meet people and join them. Private bedroom was somewhat dirty, with dripping water from the AC causing a bit of mold, but other than that, the hostel was great. The tours from the hostel, especially the Secret Wall tour were a definite highlight and would do it again.

Hello, and thank you for your comments. We try to be Beijing's most sociable hostel, so here is a great place for solo backpackers. Our famous Secret Wall tour is also as popular as ever - please tell your friends about it, We are planning to do some work on some of the private rooms so it will a lot better the next time you stay. Take care, LH :)

When we left the hotel in the night, we saw a rat in the lobby. The room is too expensive for what it is.

Hello, and thank you for your comments. Our front door is often open in the summer, so perhaps a small mouse may have visited briefly! Please let us know what problems you had with the room and we will try to fix it. Once again, if guests have problems during their stay please tell reception, Manager Joe, or leave a comment in one of our suggestion boxes. Thank you very much! Regards, LH :)

Really really enjoyed my stay at Leo hostel, a perfect environment to meet new people in the best location

Hello, and thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again next time for an even better stay. Regards, LH :)

Great hostel, really good bar and the great wall tour was excellent.

This would be a fine hostel if it wasnt for a few key things: security and cleanliness. Dorm doors are never locked so people can walk in and out as they please. This is more to do with the guests than the hostel, I was not happy coming back in everyday to an unlocked door. Secondly, not enough toilets and showers and they were absolutely disgusting, always. Again it's down to the guests who clearly don't know how to live in a communal way, but that means the hostel should step up the cleaning.

When I booked my 12 bed dorm room they moved me into a 14 bed dorm room and when I asked why they told me it's the same room it's just one more bed in there. Into the room everybody could enter without using a key. The facilities had no door to close so everybody could watch you brushing your teeth. One shower had a door, the other one only a curtain. Both were hairy and dirty. Same as the toilets. Western toilets but dirty. The staff didn't clean well. And my bed felt like it would fall apart.

Hello, and thank you for your comments. We have a 10 bed dorm and a 14 bed dorm next to each other - to make things simpler they are often called 12 bed dorms! However, we have now changed this. Please note that all dorm rooms have locks. We are full almost everyday now and have many tour groups staying - so sometimes it can be hard to keep the public toilets/showers spotless. However, we will try our best to improve this! We really hope to see you next time for a better stay! Take care, LH :)

I love this place. But i thought bath room is pretty dirty staff should clean up sometime in bathroom shloud have ventilators for flowing hot air whlie shower but also overall i love Leo hostel :)

Hello, thank you for your comments. We are almost full everyday now, so the public areas can be hard to manage. However, we have added signs asking guests to keep public areas clean and we have also changed our cleaning rota. We hope you will love our place even more the next time you stay! Regards, LH :)

Leo Hostel is still a great, cheap, option for Beijing. This time I stayed in a private room (off of the main courtyard), and it was comfortable and reasonably priced with a good shower. The bar is always a good atmosphere :)

Hello, and thank you for your great comments! See you next time :) Regards, LH

I've stayed here multiple times, and it is definitely my favorite hostel in Beijing. The management truly understands the wants and needs of international guests. However, this time I found that many of the things offered in writing at the bar were not actually available--the beer tower was broken, the drink specials advertised over the bar were no longer available, and coffee could only be served during the morning on some days. Please update your signs!

Hello, and thank you for your loyal support! Sorry, the draft beer dispenser has had problems recently, as has the coffee machine (too busy!)... However, it is all fixed now. We still offer drink specials - perhaps you spoke to a new member of staff (?) or we ran out of tequila! Anyway, if you notice any problems, please find one of the managers or put a note in one of our suggestions boxes. Thanks again for staying with us again. Take care, LH :)

The staff was very friendly. I very much felt welcomed by everyone. The cafe was very convenient and with the dorms, you definitely get a good value for your money. I'd recommend the hostel!

Hello, thank you for your comments. We are really happy that you enjoyed your stay here. We hope to see you next time! Take care, LH :D

Good location! Near many restaurants.

Hello, thank you for your comments. Everyone likes our location. There's always something to see on the street... See you next time! Regards, LH

Hotel room was clean but there was bad smell for both in the room and toilet.

Hello, and thank you for your comments. If you have a problem with your room please ask reception to check it for you. See you next time! Regards, LH

By chance the snooker table outside the dormitory should not be used after 10pm.All activities should remain downstairs. A toilet for revellers downstairs will give quite sleepto those resting for the next day.

Hello. Thank you for your comments. Sorry, the pool table should not be used after 10pm - there is also a sign! Thank you for your idea about the downstairs toilet. See you next time! LH :)

Staff was extremely rude, the guy at the bar started to scream at me two times only because I asked him to repeat the incomprehensible words he was trying to say. Another one at the reception laughed at me when I asked my money back because they couldn't provide a locker, they had lost the locker keys. Their English are extremely poor. it is a very dirty place, disgusting, they don't clean the toilets. atmosphere is the worst, a lot of Chinese guests spitting and smoking inside the room

Hello, thank you for your comments. We are very sorry about your experience. We will change our night staff as soon as possible! You should also not be in the same room with Chinese guests. We really hope you come back again and if you have a problem - please ask for the manager. Take care and hope to see you next time... LH

« first « Prev 1 2 3