Beijing Leo Hostel Reviews

A Lai Ke Zhan, 52 Da Zha Lan Xi Jie, Qianmen, Beijing, China

We were going to stay two nights but couldn't spend one more night in a bed that had springs popping out so we left. Television didn't work and the lighting was so poor that we couldn't read. Amazingly noisy when people went by to get to their rooms since the walls were so thin, and I had the feeling that one good push would let someone in through the door.

• 28th Feb 2014

Hello, we were sorry to read your comments. If you should have a problem next time please tell reception! We hope to see you next time for a better stay! Kind regards, Leo Hostel.

Hostel in good location, easy walk to Tiananmen square, Forbidden city and tube station. They also picked me up from airport which was hassle free. Dorm beds hard and not comfortable. cleanliness in dorm poor, room not made up on arrival. Not enough toilet or showers facilities, 1 female and male toilet and 2 showers for the whole hostel, make sure u take flip flops to use in bathrooms as floor wet. Hostel does own trip to the Great wall which was good, tour guide Mark was knowledgeable.

Hello. Thank you for your comments. Next time we can give you an extra mattress. Please note that there are 6 public showers in the hostel (4 more near the big dorms). See you next time for a better stay! LH

Good atmosphere BUT I won't stay here again. 1) no lockers in the dorm rooms; 2) the shared bathrooms weren't very clean - they always smelled, and the shower doors didn't lock properly (one lock was hanging out); and 3) I had an unfortunate experience with the food - on my final night I ate at the hostel and a few hours later I threw up my dinner. I told them the next day as I checked out and she didn't seem to understand that it was bad or offer any refund or even concern.

Hello. Thank you for your comments. We will fix the lockers and locks. We will clean better. We are sorry if you were sick. Next time please tell our manager if you have problems.

Very close to Qianmen subway station and Tiananmen square. The location is just perfect! Close to all the main attractions. It is even easy to reach the Temple of Heaven by walking. The hostel is very nice and cheap. It is the right place to chill and meet people. The restaurant is quite good and enjoyable.

Hello. Thank you for staying here! We are really happy that you enjoyed our hostel. See you next time for another great stay! LH

Nice staff, they are really very helpful and approachable.The cosy bar is its awesome highlight!!!You can meet nice guys you never imagine.Really good for backpacker,not mention its perfect location.Strongly recommend!

• 15th Jan 2014

Hello and thank you for your comments. We are happy that you liked our big, friendly bar - and of course our great location in market streets just south of Tiananmen Square and the subway. We hope to see you again next time. Take care! Leo Hostel

Room is clean and spacious,traditional Chinese furniture in the room as well as courtyard. Great location and perfect Great wall tour!!!excellent quality and reasonable price!

• 28th Dec 2013

Hello and thank you for your great comments. We are a very traditional chinese hostel. Our beautiful courtyard offers a relaxing welcome to everyone. We hope to add more traditional art very soon, so it should be even better on your next stay! Thanks for mentioning our Secret Great Wall tour - it is the most popular Great Wall tour in Beijing - see the Wall without all the tourists!! See you next time! Leo Hostel

This is a brilliant hostel with a great atmosphere, as a single traveller i met loads of people!!! I really enjoyed the xmas party and the staff were great!! The only complaint was the womens showers for the dorms were really dirty and one of them was broken (literally hanging off the wall!) Also the hot water went off for a day but that wasnt the hostels fault!! Excellent hostel and i will be staying again for Chinese new year if i can get a train to Beijing (proving quite hard at the mo!!)

Hello, and thank you for your great comments! We think our bar/restaurant has the best atmosphere in Beijing. All are welcome to visit . Sorry about the shower - it has been fixed now. Hope to see you again for the new year (Jan 31st) - it's going to be crazy! Take care, Leo Hostel

Fabulous Christmas Party!!!The boss LEO was amazing to give us a terrific Chinese singing and the general manager wonderful dancing.It's impressing!!!I love it very much!I would definitely come back here!

• 14th Dec 2013

I stayed in a dorm, which was really big beyond my first imagine, because it is a 12-people dorm, but it is big enough.I loved the hutong with fabulous little eateries, shops and pubs. Leo hostel is nice, comfortable and very well located (walk 5 minutes, you can arrive at many famous historical spots,it is really convenient). Its atmosphere is terrific for a backpacker to make new friends here,also good music in the background added to its highlight.

• 14th Dec 2013
  • Finland

Hello, and thank you for your great comments! Our 12 dorm is very popular - spacious & warm, with security lockers. We are very happy that you like our location and of course our atmospheric bar/cafe area. See you next time for another great stay! Regards, Leo Hostel.

Room is simple but with some fine finishing touches. The courtyard is lovely and we did really enjoy relaxing with a coffee.The staff are friendly and attentive, some of the best I have encountered in China. I was also exposed to fine aspects of Chinese culture such as the Kung fu show, the acrobatics show. We had a very pleasant stay and if you want to have a memorable stay in Beijing, we would highly recommend this fine traditional Chinese hostel. You will never disappoint about its style.

• 12th Dec 2013

Rooms are small but well equipped and furnished. personel always kind, making you feel at home! Couldn´t have been better! I went to see acrobatics - worth the price, very impressive! One-day trip to the Great Wall booked from the hostel is amazing! Great value! Lots of space on the Wall and fantastic scenery! I strongly recommend it to all.

• 9th Dec 2013
  • Israel

Hello. Thank you for your great comments! We are happy that you thought our tours were 'amazing'. We are famous in Beijing for our tours, and many other hostel/hotel guests also book with us. All are welcome. Anyway, we hope to see you again next time! Regards, Leo Hostel

Hostel was nice. We were there the first week of december and our room and the lobby were very cold. The hostel has got a perfect location near the forbidden city.

Hello. Thank you for your comments. Next time, if your room is too cold please ask at reception for some blankets. There are also heat-lights in the shower. The lobby/bar area should be fine, as there is a big warm heater. We are happy that you agree our location is perfect! We are right next to the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square and the subway network.We hope to see you next time for an even better stay! Regards, Leo Hostel

Best place to make new friends and Amazing tour of the ancient great wall. I love the atmosphere here!!! I would definitely to recommend it to my friends.

• 28th Nov 2013

Hello, and thank you for your great comments! As always, we very pleased that you enjoyed our Secret Great Wall tour. It is our specially tour, taking you to a very quiet part of the Wall. It is very famous in Beijing, so many other hostel/hotel guests join our tour. We welcome you back next time for another atmospheric stay. Kind regards, Leo Hostel

I like this hostel. It is in a good location in a hutong near Tian'anmen Square and a major shopping street. It a has good music and a good environment to meet other people. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Very friendly staff who want to help, as well. Also, the tour of the Great Wall took us to a special location with no tourists, great views and a traditional style lunch. I highly recommend this tour, as well as the stellar Shaolin kung fu show (in English!)

Hello, thank you for your great comments! We are happy that you liked our friendly 24 hour bar. Also, again, we are very happy that you enjoyed our famous Secret Great Wall tour - many people from other hostels/hotels also join the tour. The Kung Fu show is great fun too. By the way: we have a tour special now: book 2 tours and get a half price pizza! Take care and see you next time! Kind regards, Leo Hostel

Very international hostel, nice staff and some of them speak good English. They have an excursion to Great Wall which is a must do.

Hello, thank you for your great comments. We are perhaps Beijing's oldest hostel and we have guests from all over the world staying here. Our Secret Wall Tour is also very famous around Beijing and many people from other hostels/hotels join our tour. We look forward to seeing you next time for another great stay! Regards. Leo Hostel

I had a fantastic time here, made so largely by the great people I met and the fantasticly helpful and friendly staff. I had the misfortune of having to go to hospital and extend my visa as a result whilst in Beijing and everyone at the Leo Hostel was extremely kind in helping me and making sure I was ok. The location is great too with authentic, brilliant, and great value food nearby not to mention the transport and sites nearby. If you go to Beijing, you MUST stay at the Leo Hostel.

• 19th Nov 2013
  • Mongolia

Hello, thank you for your great comments. We hope you are feeling better now and look forward to seeing you next time. Take care! Leo Hostel

Nice staff here!They are really helpful!I asked the staff to help me buy bike tyre,the girl did it perfectly!Great thanks!and I love its Great wall tour,it is terrific!!

• 19th Nov 2013

Thank you for your comments.We will continue to give our guests best service.Thank you!

Perfect location,only 10 minutes you can go to Tiananmen and forbidden city!The atmosphere is amazing,I met many fabulous guys here!

• 15th Nov 2013

Hello, thank you for your comments. Yes, our location is perfect! We are also really happy that you liked our big, friendly bar - many people from other hostels/hotels visit us too. See you next time!

The location of the Leo hostel is one of its best attributes, ten minutes walk from,both tianenmen square and forbidden city, the staff were very helpful on "how too" get from place to place and the facilities clean and well kept.

Hello, thank you for your comments. We are happy you agree that our location is great. Not only are we next to the subway, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City - we are also based in historic market streets. We welcome everyone to join us for a historic stay!

Could be quite cold in winter time since no hot-warer radiators, just electric heat fro air conditioner high up on wall. But, lots of warm blankets and a heat lamp in the bathroom.