Beijing QingFeng YouLian Hostel Reviews

No.187 An Ding Men Nei Street, Dong Cheng District, Beijing, China

We arrived at night, staff couldn't find our booking, didn't speak a word of English. After maybe half an hour we could get in our room, we didn't get a key though. The room didn't have any windows . It was warm and smelled like mold. The beds were nice and soft. The bathroom was dirty and toilet paper wasn't provided. The room did have a hairdryer and water cooker, just to name some plusses.

Its is extremely cheap, but the facility is really dirty and run down, the shower just produces a few drops of hot water. everything is quite broken ... Looking at the cheap price i expected no 5 star hostel, but a few basics should be fixed at least, like: toilet locks, hot water, door locks, door cards (need to be reprogrammed every day O_o), moldy rooms, dead fish in the fish tank of their restaurant and so on .... I had a glimpse in a room with own washroom, they look a bit better

• 2nd Oct 2014

The location of the hostel was definitely the best part. The WORST part was that when we checked in, they had no one who spoke any English! Not only that but they allowed for 4 drunk Chinese men to harass me without telling them to go away. I am a small girl so I felt very uncomfortable. All I was trying to do was check in, if my friends hadn't showed up at that moment, it would have been bad. I paid for a double bed room and they ended up giving me a room with two single beds as well.

The location is perfect - right in the centre of the Hutong areas and close to Andingmen subway station. The hostel has a cool rooftop area you can get wifi, but otherwise the common areas are lacking. There isn't much atmosphere, it's pretty run down and (as in most Beijing bathrooms) the drains smell horrible. Most of the staff speak no English at all, and some are not helpful even if you speak to them in Chinese.