Beijing QingFeng YouLian Hostel Reviews

No.187 An Ding Men Nei Street, Dong Cheng District, Beijing, China

They don't speak English which is understandable. Our room smelt of sewage. Other than that it was good. Location was great, very close to andinmen subway station. Would stay again!

• 1st Nov 2014

Absolutely well located. We walked most of the time as everything was close (25min to forbidden city, 5min to lama temple, and just around the corner of famous Hutong streets). However, it wasn't a luxurious room: furniture partly broken, smelly bathroom. Still ok for a good night sleep. Staff did not speak a word of English. If you're willing to forget the quality of the room, the price and location are brilliant, with plenty of shops around. 5min walk to metro which brings you anywhere.

• 20th Oct 2014

We arrived at night, staff couldn't find our booking, didn't speak a word of English. After maybe half an hour we could get in our room, we didn't get a key though. The room didn't have any windows . It was warm and smelled like mold. The beds were nice and soft. The bathroom was dirty and toilet paper wasn't provided. The room did have a hairdryer and water cooker, just to name some plusses.

Its is extremely cheap, but the facility is really dirty and run down, the shower just produces a few drops of hot water. everything is quite broken ... Looking at the cheap price i expected no 5 star hostel, but a few basics should be fixed at least, like: toilet locks, hot water, door locks, door cards (need to be reprogrammed every day O_o), moldy rooms, dead fish in the fish tank of their restaurant and so on .... I had a glimpse in a room with own washroom, they look a bit better

• 2nd Oct 2014

The location of the hostel was definitely the best part. The WORST part was that when we checked in, they had no one who spoke any English! Not only that but they allowed for 4 drunk Chinese men to harass me without telling them to go away. I am a small girl so I felt very uncomfortable. All I was trying to do was check in, if my friends hadn't showed up at that moment, it would have been bad. I paid for a double bed room and they ended up giving me a room with two single beds as well.

The location is perfect - right in the centre of the Hutong areas and close to Andingmen subway station. The hostel has a cool rooftop area you can get wifi, but otherwise the common areas are lacking. There isn't much atmosphere, it's pretty run down and (as in most Beijing bathrooms) the drains smell horrible. Most of the staff speak no English at all, and some are not helpful even if you speak to them in Chinese.