Beijing Tiananmen Courtyard Reviews

100 Xiheyan Jie, Qianmen, Xicheng District, Beijing, China

THEY WERE NOT OPEN! Went to the hostel a few times, knocked on the door, rang the bell and tried calling. Everything was locked up and no one was around and the number was not even in use. DO NOT BOOK HERE! There are better hostels right around the same area as this one that are actually open. Book at the Leo Hostel or 365 Hostel, better location, down a better street.

• 27th Jan 2014

UNFORTUNATELY, I was unable to get ahold of this hostel by phone. When my friends and I found the hostel and it was LOCKED AND CLOSED. We talked to some shop owners from across the street who told us that it had closed for the winter holiday. There was NO NOTIFICATION of the closure. The next day, after many frantic calls and an email, I got a text from a hostel staff suggesting another hostel. Lost my deposit and never stayed at this hostel. Beware when booking. (Still haven't gotten a refund).

• 22nd Jan 2014

It's not working! I mada a reservation through here, and it was ok. But then, when I got to the place, it was totally empty, completely! So, the taxi drive took me to Leo Hostel, which is awesome.

Its hard to value any of this, since at my arrival the hostel was closed, nobody answered the phone. I had to find another hostel that day.

• 16th Jan 2014
  • Slovenia

Did manage to find the hostel without a map, but no one answered the door, and no one picked up the phone. Ended up having to go to another place. Do not book this hostel!!!

a fellow travellers have access to other rooms, reporting is bloody useless no actions was taken, the cup bard is broken no action was taken i am carrying my bag every day untill i left the hostel the bed sheet and pillow cases are very old, toilet and shower are horrible, international hostel only one can speak english

Accepted my reservation through the website, but was completely empty when I got there.

We tried to find the place on our own, but could not locate it even though we asked a dozen taxis and the police and walked around the alley. We had tried calling the hostel for 2 days with no answer. The number was the same on the English website and Chinese website, and no luck. We were very upset because we were looking for it for two hours around midnight.

• 8th Jan 2014

pretty good hostel.

Awesome location and for the price very good value for money, even in cold December!

• 7th Dec 2013

Freezing cold.

The location is excellent.

• 23rd Nov 2013
  • Czech Republic

good atmosphere and lovely staff.

The hostel is only 5mins walk to Tiananmen square.

The location is cool. Pretty good.

The hostel was great, like the bar and food there.

• 8th Nov 2013