Beijing Zhaolong Youth Hostel Reviews

East 3rd Ring Roads, Changhong Bridge, Beijing, China

The staff were rude. It was like anything you asked them was a massive inconvenience. During my stay there was something wrong with the drainage and so they dug up the lobby/reception area. Luckily I was with a great group of friends and we spent most of our time out and about. Definitely would not stay there again, mainly due to the reception/management staff and their horrendous attitudes. The cleaners I encountered were smiley.

The staff had the worst customer service attitude and work ethics I have ever experienced/witnessed when staying at a hostel. They were rude and condescending with their tone of voice. Attitude towards work and customers were poor. The toilets were awful, were always dirty and smelling horrible. My room had a smell of cigarettes after returning to the room at end of day. Wifi was advertised to be available but was only available in the main lobby after staff reluctantly restarted the router.

• 16th Jul 2015

The rooms were clean, comfortable and quiet but there was not enough space for the luggage. In each floor there was only one bathroom with two toilets and two showers which were not clean; it was not enough. The staff barely could speak English. The location is perfect, 5 minutes walking from Sanlitun.

It was fine, nothing more nothing less. Only issue was that not all the staff were competent at locating bookings made via hostelworld (i.e. the guy who was trying to check me in). Also I booked a double bed but got two singles. I didn't care to be honest, I just needed somewhere for my travel weary body to slump that was close to my prospective workplace and where I would be looking for accommodation. If you're picky about that sort of thing, my advice is don't bother.