Belfast City Backpacker Reviews

53 - 55 Malone Avenue, Belfast, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Nice, cheap, basic but clean hostel. A little farther from the city centre than we expected (20-25 min walk)

Really helpful staff :)

• 15th Sep 2014

I tried to make friends but staff was very unfriendly. I got the feeling they were thinking "who invited you?" the whole time.

I loved the Doctor Who bedsheets! Comfy beds and surprisingly good shower. I was attending City Backpacker while attending TitanCon round the corner. There was an unfortunate incident with another hostel guest on the last morning, and the staff responded to this really well. Would recommend, and am likely to stay here again.

I was very pleased with my stay at the City Backpacker. The staff were friendly and helpful, and the facilities were clean and comfortable.

• 12th Sep 2014

The common areas were well stocked, comfortable and very clean. Easy to curl up with a book and recharge electronics for a few hours. Daniel and Paula were excellent hosts, very friendly and full of good suggestions for visitors. The neighborhood was very convenient to shops, pharmacy, pubs and restaurants- and an easy walk from downtown Belfast. The 6 bed (3 bunk) room was very tight for space as we had the top bunks and no place to even open a bag on the floor. Quiet and well-soundproofed.

• 2nd Sep 2014

Really cool hostel with younger owners. The only thing bad that I could find was the dirty under the beds. Anyway, good place, good location, good price, good choice! =)

• 27th Aug 2014

It was the first time for myself and family to stay in a back packers hostel and we were amazed at the experience. The staff were very friendly. Facilities were clean. It was a chance to meet other travellers from all over the world and they were also amazing. I would recommend the facility to others and will definitely book it again in the future. Keep up the good work and hope to visit you again soon.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • Kenya

Mould in the bathrooms, weak wifi, sad sad breakfast and lack of social atmosphere. Staff is nice and helpful though.

Pretty good hostel , not a lot of atmosphere but clean and secure with good wifi

It's weird for me not to have any key for a shared bedroom

• 1st Aug 2014

Overall, this hostel is very good. And there is one additional value: the dog. Yes, the funny black dog. =)

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

Thank you for you review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay in Belfast City Backpacker.

Excellent hostel with excellent staff! Nice rooms, decent brekky and clean!

Great place to stay and would definitely recommend to anyone :-)

• 28th May 2014