Belfast International Youth Hostel Reviews

22-32 Donegal Road, Belfast, Northern Ireland

Friendly, very helpful reception staff. Lovely cafe downstairs for excellent breakfasts and snacks. Room comfortable and warm. Little noise at night. Push shower took a long time to achieve any heat. Good location and within walking distance of centre, and near to student area with lots of restaurants and bars. Very good informative free walking tour on the Saturday afternoon. Good value. We would recommend this hostel.

I really enjoyed the Hostel. But it's necessary to take a makeover and renewal.

• 16th Oct 2015

I really enjoy it, it was a good experience for me , I hadn't stayed in hostel until this day. thanks for all.

• 15th Oct 2015
  • Panama

There is no wifi in rooms. There is only two sockets in a 6 bed room and one is broken. There is no cabinets and chairs in the room. Not convenient.

The staff are very nice and friendly. They will help you with anything you need!

• 14th Oct 2015

everything was great

A very nice hostel within walking distance from downtown Belfast. Our floor was full of German teens during our first night and they were running around, shouting and banging doors. Would appreciate it if they were told off by staff. The bathroom floor is very slippery, no shower curtain. It's nice that there's a café and McComb's Tours office attached to the hostel, very practical and got discounts :).

Overall my stay is really good. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The food served in the hostel cafe is also delicious. Maybe improve on the interiors of the hostel, to add more ambiance and more youthful vibe to the space.

• 11th Oct 2015
  • Philippines

Being over 40, I tend to avoid "youth" hostels when possible. With a last minute need for somewhere to stay I took a bunk here. I dont understand the poor reviews since I found this hostel to be fine. Staff was consistsntly on top of their job. I also did not find that "clickish" feeling experienced with most hostels. I would absolutly stay here again. An attached cafe made breakfast a snap. I downgraded the facilities only because the internet connection for the iphone was iffy at best.

Have never stayed in a hostel before and have always wanted to try, so stayed at the belfast international youth hostel and what a great choice I made. Clean room and warm bed and great security and peacefully atmosphere plus added bonus next to the wonderful caurseway cafe. Will stay here again in future.

• 9th Oct 2015

Staff were very friendly, but my experience at this hostel was ruined by the facilities in our room... It was smelly, there were no towels or toiletries of any kind, there was no shower stall or curtain, no toilet paper, and the walls were paper thin. I cannot recommend this hostel for anyone, unless you are desperate for a place to stay in Belfast.

• 8th Oct 2015

We unfortunately stayed the night of a major football event for Northern Ireland, and people were up screaming until very early in the morning, resulting in little sleep. We mostly booked this location for the convenience: we had a McComb's tour the following day with pickup in front of this hostel. The open shower was a little weird, and it would be better if the floor by the drained was slanted more so that the water would drain better.

Thank you for your high scores in all categories, despite not getting much sleep during your stay. Northern Ireland beat Greece at home in Belfast on the night you stayed, qualifying for their first major football tournament in 30 years and I believe the celebrations spilled out in to the streets and continued quite late. Small country. Big football obsession. I hope you enjoyed your trip to the Causeway. Safe travels. David

This hostel was not very good at all. We needed a place in Belfast that we could check into late as we were arriving in Belfast around midnight. They don't allow checkin after 11:00pm I beleive if you are in a shared room, so me and my sister had to get a private room, which wasn't a problem and it worked so we could check in late. But the room was extremely small, bathrooms VERY dirty, beds were squeaky, rooms hot but if you opened a window it was very loud. Glad I was only there for one night

Very friendly and helpful staff. Good cooking facilities and clean. Just across the street a coach tour going to the Giant's Causeway and northern coast. Plenty of good restaurants nearby. Easy walking distances to the main attractions.

• 6th Oct 2015
  • Couple, 41+

The hostel needs a good update. It is very old, with old shabby furniture and dull brown colours. The kitchen was filthy! It was riddled with fruit flies, crumbs and stuff on the floor, and the fridges were really dirty as well. We did not want to use the kitchen at all! Also, the heater in our room was broken and therefore only had one setting - hot as hell. We told reception but unfortunately they couldn't help us.

• 3rd Oct 2015
  • Denmark

Guy at the reception was very rude.. He even said he will cancel the booking, because they make the booking terms and conditions

Sorry that one incident on arrival coloured your view of the hostel so much. Our booking terms and conditions state that you should not book online for more than 6 people. It's never an easy starting point, on a busy Saturday, when 14 people arrive together with 6 separate bookings and tell you they just met on the bus. In the end you were all accommodated on the same corridor, with beds together in the same rooms (rather than as booked online): not easy to arrange but I took the time. David

I was sleep at 6 beds room. I think good security ang everything good! Unusual bathroom :)

This hostel is great bargain. We were a group of friends and four of us stayed in same 4-bed room. Facilities are excellent for travelers but I would particularly highlight breakfast. It has excellent choices, wonderful staff and is best bargain in Belfast.

• 2nd Oct 2015
  • Croatia

Room could be cleaner, the bathroom. When you book an ensuite room, you pay more so it should be cleaner. Matrass more than ok. Was brandnew. Bit noisy on the streetside, but we slept ok. Tip for bathroom, use plastic soapholders etc. The iron ones rust and that looks dirty. Maybe this sounds worse than it is. It didnt bother us that much but maybe something to consider.

• 1st Oct 2015
  • Belgium

Everything was great. My only suggestion would be adding WiFi connectivity to the rooms!