Fabulous 3,632 Total Reviews
Fabulous 3,632 Total Reviews
Belford Hostel Located at 6/8 Douglas Gardens, , Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh EH4 3DA 6/8 Douglas Gardens
80% 3632
55.9508578 -3.2207536
    Rooms available

• Argentina, Female, 31-40
8th Jan 2017

The place is nice, the Staff is GREAT always willing to help hosts. - I have to say that ITS COLD everywhere (even in the rooms)...maybe its because of the building (its an old Church). I had a great time at Belford hostel, and I would go back of course !!!

• USA, Male, 25-30
8th Jan 2017

I had nice stay at the Belford Hostel. It was a solid location near downtown which was very walkable. The facility was fairly nice with a good communal space. The best thing about the stay was the staff. There was a worker from South Africa who was and exceptionally helpful. I had a tour to Loch Ness that fell through and she spent almost an hour helping me set up new plans. She also knew Edinburgh like the back of her hand, so she recommended loads of things to do. Her service was the x-factor.

5th Jan 2017

The place is beautiful, the atmosphere is cozy, the staff is very nice, and the location is convenient. We stayed in a private room that exceeded expectations in most regards, only disappointment was the insufficient heating in the room due to high ceilings, but the covers are thick and we had a good night's sleep.

• Australia, Male, 25-30
30th Dec 2016
4.6

Had an incident in the room but the staff handled it very professionally.

• England, Female, 25-30
30th Dec 2016

My friend and I came to spend Hogmanay in Edinburgh. The hostel was well managed, quirky and accessible. The walk was 25 mins or so to the centre of town, but not strenuous. The facilities were clean enough and the rooms made clever use of space. It was a novelty staying in a church and the rooms were fitted with a ceiling window. Staying in a dorm has its expected inconveniences but the hostel were experienced managing the festive period and regular guest changes with ease. We would revist.

23rd Dec 2016
8.0

I stayed there for 23 nights and then for more 3 with my girlfriend in all different mixed rooms. Although the kitchen was always clean, all rooms needed a proper cleaning! Depending on which room you stay, it could be warm or ice cold and it could have access to internet or not. Each bed had its own light which was great and the showers were also great.

• Hong Kong, Couple, 18-24
19th Dec 2016

A nice hostel, bit of a far walk to town like but not terrible. Kinda nice not to be stuck in the middle of it all as it was nice and quiet at night. My only complaint is the decor was rather dated. Not like all the decor as the bathrooms were especially nice but like the bar room felt like something straight outta the 1980s. Which I like and dislike simultaneously.

• Singapore, Male, 18-24
16th Dec 2016

I stayed in a single room with shared bathroom. Room was rather small but well equipped with a TV, water boiler, instant coffee/tea etc. Fair enough. Shared shower+toilet room was unbelievably huge and clean - Great! Definitely value for money, the only downsides are that the hostel is at least a 20min walk from city centre and that the heater didnt work properly.

• Canada, Male, 31-40
13th Dec 2016

Great place to stay! The staff was super friendly and helpful when needed! Only minor thing that I would put as a negative was that our room had a sky light looking up into the ceiling of the church with lights facing down at us so we had no darkness for sleeping, I would stay here again but would definitely bring sleep mask. Beds were comfortable and room size was great for the two of us.

12th Dec 2016

Fantastic stay. The staff were friendly and helpful and the kitchen was the cleanest and best equipped of any hostel I've ever stayed in.