Belford Hostel

Very Good 3738 Total Reviews

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
21st Apr 2017
5.7

The staff was so nice and the location very good because you can see beautiful places very near. But very dirty, the dirtiest hostel I stayed.

18th Apr 2017
5.1

Extremely rude staff. Fairly bad location, 34 min high-need-to-pee-pace-walk from the old town. My bed smelled urine. Very bad. No ventilation in the rooms. Very bad illumination too. Wouldn't stay again

• England, Male, 25-30
14th Apr 2017

Friendly staff, cool concept (it's a converted church). A significant gripe however is that the beds near the building walls get really cold and drafty.

• jessicadonegan381
  • Ireland, Male, 25-30
14th Apr 2017
7.4

We had a private room which was great, nice location as well however the male showers were disgraceful, it was so off putting.

• Switzerland, Female, 31-40
13th Apr 2017
6.3

Very dirty and unhelpfull staff. Locker couldn't Close and they have no extra one i have to carry all importan things with to shower and toilet !! next day have to change the room i asked to leave my bag with them and will be back in the evening to get to my new room a guy said no more space for my bag i should take it with me and come back at 2 pm to make new check in . ?????? very unthoughfull staff. and very dirty toilet and comom area i ever seen.

• Portugal, Male, 25-30
12th Apr 2017
3.1

Me and my girlfriend had the worst experience in this hostel. Not only the cleningness of the Hostel, overall was really bad, but also in the rooms as well. We booked a double room and it was a mess, panflets and receipts all around, used towels on the floor and even someones used panties.The room was clearlly not in conditions of receiving anyone.Unfortunately for us we made a 3 nights reservation and even though we made a complaint to the Hostel's manager about it, they only cleared the towels

• Australia, All Female Group, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
8th Apr 2017

The Aussie staff member was awesome, and the others seems lovely too. Our private twin was really comfortable and super clean. We LOVED that it was in a converted church! It was really cool.

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
6.6

The place has a good location, the only thing is that my room smelled very bad, I am not sure if it is for the necessity for having more windows, the bathrooms are ok. But it is necessary , to consider more the cleaness of the rooms.

• Singapore, Male, 18-24
8th Apr 2017

A charming place and a pleasant stay. Staff are happy to chat and help. Cooking and shower facilities work well. It could be just the building's age showing but heating doesn't work particularly well, and rooms feel cramped. It only happened to me as far as I know, but my locker was all the way out in the corridor as it didn't fit in the room, making it quite a hassle and security concern. WiFi does not reach into the rooms, hence the common dining area can get crowded at times.

• USA, Female, 18-24
7th Apr 2017

I loved that it was an old church. It was a bit of a walk to all the places I wanted to go, but it enabled me to see more of the city so I'm pretty okay with it. The girls bathroom was NICE and I loved the hallways that were painted. I just wish there was wifi that was available upstairs.