Belford Hostel Reviews

6/8 Douglas Gardens, Edinburgh, Scotland

The room was nice with a good amount of space and a convenient locker. The location was cool near Dean's Village but far from everything else. The common areas were nice and welcoming but people were not very social unfortunately as I was traveling alone. All in all, a decent place to stay if you're okay walking.

the water in the toilet and basin flowed away very slowly

The free wifi is only available downstairs which was inconvenient. The shower stalls had you hang your dry clothing in the shower with you. My clean clothes were damp when I got out of the shower. The lockers were VERY difficult to open and close. I left my stuff unlocked most of the time because it was easier.

A very nice wee place, it's a bit out of the way but luckily I know Edinburgh well - for those who don't it's only a 5 minute walk from Haymarket Station. Staff were very nice, room was clean and bed was super comfy! Breakfast choice very limited, but that'd be the only real downside - I would stay here again.

Really the only downside is the location. The hostel itself is super cool, inside an old church and filled with murals. Staff are nice, kitchen is very large, lockers are free and big, beds are comfortable enough and the cheap breakfast is a nice plus. I would probably stay here again, I just wish it was closer to the center of the city.

beautiful hostel, abit far from the citycenter, but not to far. great staff and all of the above. a nice memory

I really enjoy my stay at Belfort. Location is not perfect but you can go walking to everywhere in Edinbrugh. Bathroom was clean enough every time I needed. Corridors and rooms had particular smell (not very good) what is acceptable due to number of people, different cultures and closed place. Very good for the price paid and excellent staff and security. Free and good locker. I recommend.

Definitely I'll come again

• 13th Jun 2015
  • Romania

The hostel is in a good position and it is always clean. The kitchen is very useful and there's everything you need. The rooms are very clean and there are lockers. The staff is lovely and very helpful.

• 7th Jun 2015

All staff were friendly and helpful. Stayed in a private room which was clean and had comfy beds. All bathrooms were nice and clean too.

• 6th Jun 2015
  • Scotland

Wifi a bit slow. Rest are all good.

Stayed 4 nights at the hostel. Location is excellent and the city centre is only a 10 minute walk away. The facilities impressed, mainly the common room/kitchen and the men's shower room. The staff were particularly friendly and I would like to mention the three Australian guys Kerry, Henry and Trent who saw to all our needs and provided welcome company above all. I would recommend the hostel to anyone seeking stay in Edinburgh and I would definitely stay again.

• 5th Jun 2015

I liked waking up with the sun shining through the stained glass. The male and female shower rooms are seperate, but you have to change in front of other people (during rush hours) cause the showers are too small. I showered around 7/8am and I had the bathroom all for myself.

Super nice staff. Great vibes. Bar is a little lame (they only have cheap alcohol like Smirnoff and captain Morgan) but the bartender is very nice. Funky building that is very cool. You can only get wifi in the lobby unfortunately. Overall a good hostel.

The staff were helpful and friendly. Facilities were very clean and the all female dorm was decorated nicely.

• 4th Jun 2015

The staff where very friendly and lovely more then happy to help all expect one grouchy lady who wasn't very happy to do anything, from what I hear this wasn't just a bad day she was having

• 29th May 2015

Great Location, A little quiet at night, but very safe. Had a private room, and despite the room being small and the outlet being strangly located, loved everything else.

• 28th May 2015

It's fine. Just far away from city center and supermarket. The staff are nice.

You need to paint the walls of the television room to add some freshness, I stayed in the hostel in Penrith ND IT and it was much more modern and relaxing, just because it is a church does not excuse a lack of professionalism. It can smell musty and needs some air freshener.

• 27th May 2015

Great hostel: helpful stuff, good services, showers are clean and work great, good kitchen, everything perfect during the five days I stayed there. Congratulations for the decorations around all the hostel, it looks great!

• 27th May 2015