Belford Hostel Reviews

6/8 Douglas Gardens, Edinburgh, Scotland

Literally, best hostel ever! The staff was phenomenal from the start! Very helpful in finding fun activities around town. The building is beautiful, the showers and bathrooms were so nice and clean, and storage lockers in the room! Only thing that was just okay and not above average was the wifi doesn't reach all the rooms and there's no elevators for heavy luggage. But laundry services and left luggage after you check out is amazing! Wish it was closer to the bus stop but you can't win them all

I had a great visit, and really appreciated meeting the staff. My only complaint is related to the rooms built into the church gallery. The sharp noises such as doors slamming travel too well and resonate in the building. Just by fixing the door closers and door locks to tamper the sharp noise from each would be easy and o a long way to user enjoyment.

Good safe location. Interesting hostel established in old church setting. Noise travels. Beds were hard. Staff helpful. Limited toilet facilties. Showers in basement. Felt a bit creepy being in a church with old furnishings. Value for money.

Great hostel! The location is excellent, staff fantastic, good value & grat facilities! Would definitely recommend 😊😇

• 15th Aug 2015

Great location. Close to Haymarket, and walking distance to Princes Street. Staff were lovely and very helpful. Very clean and 24 hour bar - with a discount (may only have been for private rooms). Private room had a TV, slippers, towels, shampoo/conditioner, shower gel, and facilities to make tea and coffee. Would recommend and would stay again. Slightly on the expensive side for a hostel but it was private and during the Fringe.

Great place. Would definitely come back. The rooms were a little tired - BUT the showers were great and the toilets were clean, the bar was cheap and it was a short walk into town. We went up mid august on the weekend so can't comment on 'value for money' as it's all expensive around this time.

Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very good atmosphere, very stylish. Thanks. I never slept in church :-)

cool hostel inside an old church. sleeping rooms are pretty clean and secure. bathooms are almost new so very clean and in very good condition. the kitchen however is very dirty; definitely needs an upgradesponges seemed like they weren't changed during my 3 nights there. sticky puddles on benches and fridges. wifi only works in common rooms. 20 minute would to princess street and 35 to old town.

The staff are absolutely lovely!

• 10th Aug 2015

Hostel had lockers but I was slightly annoyed that mine was not in my room but on the other side of the hostel. Hostel was in a fairly good location, about a 10 minute walk from Haymarket. Nice communal areas with full kitchen facilities which was handy. Overall the hostel seemed clean but the rooms were tiny and the bathrooms were a bit of a hassle (had to go through reception and down past the common room to get to them)

I really enjoyed my stay, I was in Edinburgh for the fringe festival and the Hostel was an ideal place to crash out.

• 7th Aug 2015

- few bathrooms for men - could be cleaner - fun to hang out at the ktichen area/bar - sometimes the staff was like "So what?", but more often very helpful - it seems, during the Fringe festival every be has to be sold, we were glad to stay at a 4er, the rooms with more people seemed crowded and didnt smell like I wanted to sleep there

Bad experience. I was given a top bunk bed but the entrance to the bed was blocked by lockers, so there was no way for me to get into the bed. I went to reception about this and they said that someone else had complained about this but nothing had been done about it. Why was I booked into this bed? Complete disregard for customer's complaints, awful!! I was then offered a chair to get in and out of the bed, but I felt like this was not safe. I was eventually moved to a different room.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »