Belford Hostel Reviews

6/8 Douglas Gardens, Edinburgh, Scotland

the girl at the reception had very bad mode with us. the hostel was really stinky bad odor everywhere. toilet doesn't work.

• 28th Apr 2014

Bus station near there works limited. Hostel is near the small river and park. The hostel is very nice, especially the staffs. Will stay there when I come to Edinburgh next time.

• 24th Apr 2014
  • Vietnam

Great value for money for a private single room.

• 22nd Apr 2014

We stayed in a private room and it was lovely and quiet. Toilet area was very clean and shower was private. Would stay again

• 19th Apr 2014

Overall exp was nice

• 18th Apr 2014
  • India

The hostel was fully booked when I stayed there over Easter, so you cannot expect everything to be clean and spotless. Yes, the rooms are very small and it is unfortunate, that there is no real window you can open at night. I had to find out that the number of toilets were enough, even though I had some concerns in the beginning. The showers were ok, too. The sinks were often blocked, but when I told the receptionist she assured me, that they were cleaning the drains more than once a day and it

ONLY A COUPLE OF PLUG POINTS IN A 8 BED DORM MAKES IT A LITTLE DIFFICULT. REST OF THE FACILITIES ARE GOOD. MENS SHOWERS ARE IN POOR CONDITION WITH NO DOORS AND LOW NUMBER OF HOOKS.

The rooms were okay but the showers were absolutely terrible. I didn't even want to use them after the first night because they were so tiny and didn't drain. In one of them, the water never warmed up. Also, I saw the staff changing the bedding while I was in there room and while the sheets and pillow cases are changed, the duvet covers are not.

Single room was really tiny. Shared bathroom (one user at a time) was clean, updated and huge - bigger than the room!

• 17th Apr 2014

I would only recomend this hostel if it's the only afordable choice, beds were very old and uncomfortable and there was only one bathroom for 4 6-bed rooms which made it dirty easily. The only good thing was the atmosphere, the rest is either nothing special or bad.

• 14th Apr 2014
  • Mexico

We witnessed a staff member being incredibly rude to another visitor on the Sunday morning when we went to check out. The girl asked for a towel and the staff member launched into a sarcastic response because the girl hadn't said 'please'. The girl really wasn't at all rude, the staff member most assuredly was. We were really surprised by it! We can understand if she was having a bad morning but even then she was way above what could be construed as reasonable in the way she spoke to the guest.

• 12th Apr 2014

Belford hostel was great. I was completely surprised by sleeping in and old church being Belford hostel nowadays. It's a great hostel with a big kitchen/common area and an own bar. It is located in the east of the city so quite a walk to the main sights but if you like walking its good. I guess it is around 20 minutes walk to the castle but not too bad. The staff was really nice. The room I was in was not really big but none is in a hostel. Unfortunately no windows as it is inside the church.

I stayed at this hostel and really enjoyed it. There is a nice atmosphere in the hostel and lots of travelers. The tv room and kitchen makes it really easy to socialise. The kitchen is really well equipped for cooking. There is a range of dvds that can be watched for a deposit. I liked the uniqueness of the hostel and the art work. The beds were comfy. The staff were extremely helpful, called me a taxi, offered advice on sights/tours, very friendly and chatty. I will definitely come back.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Away from the hustle and bustle of Edinburgh city life, the peace and quite can be a welcome relief.

What an amazing place! I'm very please of my night in this hostel. We had a bedroom en suite, it was spacious and clean. Perfect!

An absolutely wonderful place to stay, lovely staff who helped with hostel and city information - I would recommend this place to anyone (especially as it is a converted church).

I very much enjoyed my stay at Belford. Friendly staff with maps and lots of advice on what to do in the city. Clean rooms. A bit further out than some other hostels, but still only a 15-20 minute walk from the main part of the city. Room was relatively spacious and the walls had charming painted decorations throughout the hall. Not many people can say they've slept in an old converted church! Would stay again.

This hostel has a lot of style. It's a fantastic old church with some of the most amazing art work I've ever seen inside. The facilities were clean the bedrooms were great, a quiet relaxed hostel. All the staff were so welcoming to me, smiles all round and made me feel like I was at home. You could tell the manager has been living in Edinburgh for some time. She was able to give me step by step instructions on the best places to see in the quickest amount of time. Thankyou Scott.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »