Belford Hostel Reviews

6/8 Douglas Gardens, Edinburgh, Scotland

I stayed at this hostel and really enjoyed it. There is a nice atmosphere in the hostel and lots of travelers. The tv room and kitchen makes it really easy to socialise. The kitchen is really well equipped for cooking. There is a range of dvds that can be watched for a deposit. I liked the uniqueness of the hostel and the art work. The beds were comfy. The staff were extremely helpful, called me a taxi, offered advice on sights/tours, very friendly and chatty. I will definitely come back.

• 12th Apr 2014
  • Scotland

Away from the hustle and bustle of Edinburgh city life, the peace and quite can be a welcome relief.

What an amazing place! I'm very please of my night in this hostel. We had a bedroom en suite, it was spacious and clean. Perfect!

An absolutely wonderful place to stay, lovely staff who helped with hostel and city information - I would recommend this place to anyone (especially as it is a converted church).

I very much enjoyed my stay at Belford. Friendly staff with maps and lots of advice on what to do in the city. Clean rooms. A bit further out than some other hostels, but still only a 15-20 minute walk from the main part of the city. Room was relatively spacious and the walls had charming painted decorations throughout the hall. Not many people can say they've slept in an old converted church! Would stay again.

This hostel has a lot of style. It's a fantastic old church with some of the most amazing art work I've ever seen inside. The facilities were clean the bedrooms were great, a quiet relaxed hostel. All the staff were so welcoming to me, smiles all round and made me feel like I was at home. You could tell the manager has been living in Edinburgh for some time. She was able to give me step by step instructions on the best places to see in the quickest amount of time. Thankyou Scott.

The staff I dealt with were all really knowledgeable and friendly, and my bed was ridiculously comfortable. Having a locker big enough for my bag was nice, and the fact that there was no charge for it was even better. The kitchen was a good size, well equipped, and clean. Cheap prices at the onsite bar! The showers were the nicest I've ever seen in a hostel, and they have doors that lock and a place to hang all your things! I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in Edinburgh.

Considering it's a hostel in a church it's not very nice to look at. I appreciated that there was a blow dryer to use and the showers were extremely clean. The woman at the desk was a bit mean but considering she was dealing with the rowdy rugby fans it's to be expected. Definitely not worth 25 pounds a night.

Unusual setting in a converted church although the original interior is largely lost due to the interior dormitory walls. Showers and toilets in different locations and showers were like something from a rugby pavilion, rough and ready. Dorms were fine and lockers provided, a nice touch which gives peace of mind. Kitchen was very open plan, good size, plenty of space. No television in the common area but does have wi-fi and there are mains sockets to re-charge your laptop. Beds were fine.

Located in a former church, the hostel is close enough to the city center. My room felt a little sad, lit by a single weak lightbulb. The water cooker was included, but due to the location of the plug had to stay on the floor. The desk was falling apart. The shared bathroom was actually well equipped and comfortably large, although it could be hard to get into in the mornings. On the whole, a good value for the money on a weekend when the city was full.

1 2 3 4 5 6 Next » last »