Belgrade Modern Hostel Reviews

Makedonska 21, I floor, Belgrade, Serbia

One of the most amazing hostels I've been, clean, comfortable beds, great common areas, friendly staff, and I loved the bathrooms! They are so fancy, colorful, separated for girls and boys (thanks!), they smell so good, and are enough for everybody. The only anoying thing was that the staff girl in the night was chillin with two guest until 2am and we could hear her voice and laughing in all the hostel, and is NOT good that is allowed to smoke in the kitchen, people can smoke when you are eating

İt was really good location. Security and clean.

Great location and modern facilities. Staff are super friendly and helpful and would have recommended if it wasn't for the bites.

Nice small hostel, very good value for the money. The staff was always very friendly. I was a bit missing some more furniture, like comfortable chairs in the kitchen, shelters near the bed in the 10-dorm, but this is not an issue.

The location is great and the staff are very helpful. It's a big hostel but they do a good job of providing common areas to hang out in and meet other travellers. The bathrooms really need to be cleaned more regularly though and the drains/shower doors fixed as the bathroom often floods and gets pretty grimy. Great value for your money though, I extended my stay and would go back.

Having stayed at the top 5 hostels in Belgrade, I can assure you all, that this one is about as flawless as is possible.The staff are professional, charasmatic and knowledgeable, the luggage storage is highly convenient, and as a whole, the hostel is clean... in fact, extremely clean! and thouroughly well kept throughout, as well as being competitively priced.

Belgrade Modern Hostel is way more than a hostel that offers a beautiful stay, clean rooms, linens, bathrooms .Very helpful and very friendly staff. Wonderful location and awesome price. I couldn't think of a better place to stay. I stayed there with 2 more of my girlfriends we all felt very safe and comfortable! I recommend to everyone who are traveling thru Belgrade to stay at this hostel.

Beds were ok, great location and staff, showers were a bit off, good toilets tho. Also freestyle doesn't like foreigners.

We lived on the 2nd floor, at the shared dorms, and the bathrooms there were always in poor shape whilst the bathrooms at the 1st floor were very clean.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Having initially only booking a single night I was impressed by the hostel and local activities to book an additional night. The staff were all very friendly and had in depth knowledge of the local area. With the central square being the main meeting point this hostel was perfectly placed, only 5 minutes walk from the transitional cuisine it was perfect. With the main station being out of town its well worth the trip to the hostel. Roughly 20 min walk. Sadly uphill but okay on a nice day

Great hostel for a great price. The location is close to the major tourist interests. The staff are friendly and helpful. I stayed in an eight bed dorm. It was clean and quite spacious. The bed was also very comfortable. They have lockers but they are outside of the room. I would prefer in the room, but this was not really a problem.

Generally good. Found a cockroach in the shower though... I used the other one and got over it.

I stayed in the Modern hostel for one night. I originally booked the hostel for three nights but ended up only staying for one. It was so dirty everywhere, the toilets were one of the most disgusting ones I've ever seen with stains all over the place, dirty shot glasses (!) on the counters in the bathroom, it smelled like cigarettes and sweat (altough it wasn't allowed to smoke in the dorms). best of all, they didn't seem to care at all why I wanted to check out two days early.

Good enough for the money, but don't expect wonders. I've seen much cleaner places, and the bathrooms were mostly flooded. Overall a nice experience though!

Stayed here for three days. The staff was very polite, let us use the showers even after we checked out. The facilities were very clean. I enjoyed it too stay here very much!

Stay at this hostel! The staff were super friendly and let us store our baggage/use the bathroom long after check out. The rooms were bright and clean, as were the bathrooms! Felt super safe and right in the heart of the city (near the fortress, shopping, Tesla museum, etc,)

Not for travellers expecting any atmosphere or socializing, but good for staying a night or two. The hostel was very clean and staff super helpful (helped me by calling the bus station and tried to organize transportation).