Belgrade Modern Hostel Reviews

Makedonska 21, I floor, Belgrade, Serbia

Having initially only booking a single night I was impressed by the hostel and local activities to book an additional night. The staff were all very friendly and had in depth knowledge of the local area. With the central square being the main meeting point this hostel was perfectly placed, only 5 minutes walk from the transitional cuisine it was perfect. With the main station being out of town its well worth the trip to the hostel. Roughly 20 min walk. Sadly uphill but okay on a nice day

Great hostel for a great price. The location is close to the major tourist interests. The staff are friendly and helpful. I stayed in an eight bed dorm. It was clean and quite spacious. The bed was also very comfortable. They have lockers but they are outside of the room. I would prefer in the room, but this was not really a problem.

I stayed in the Modern hostel for one night. I originally booked the hostel for three nights but ended up only staying for one. It was so dirty everywhere, the toilets were one of the most disgusting ones I've ever seen with stains all over the place, dirty shot glasses (!) on the counters in the bathroom, it smelled like cigarettes and sweat (altough it wasn't allowed to smoke in the dorms). best of all, they didn't seem to care at all why I wanted to check out two days early.

Stayed here for three days. The staff was very polite, let us use the showers even after we checked out. The facilities were very clean. I enjoyed it too stay here very much!

Stay at this hostel! The staff were super friendly and let us store our baggage/use the bathroom long after check out. The rooms were bright and clean, as were the bathrooms! Felt super safe and right in the heart of the city (near the fortress, shopping, Tesla museum, etc,)

Not for travellers expecting any atmosphere or socializing, but good for staying a night or two. The hostel was very clean and staff super helpful (helped me by calling the bus station and tried to organize transportation).

The wifi worked. I found some of the furniture uncomfortable. E,g, very low table and chairs in the kitchen, very hard sofa. Shower is hand held you can't fix it high on the wall. Lockers available, mostly small ones. 10 bed has almost no power outlets. Staff helpful. Location is perfect.

I only stayed here one night, so it is difficult to give an accurate review. The location was great and close to the main square! The beds were comfortable and clean. The showers are locker-room style, so they lack privacy. But that isn't an issue when the hostel is quiet.

2 minutes to city center, great location and very clean.

• 15th Jan 2015

Great hostel to stay at, very clean, friendly staff, great location and wifi.

• 14th Jan 2015
  • Spain

Belgrade is a great city, and the hostel makes the experience that much better

• 13th Jan 2015
  • Greece

As soon as i got there they offered me a shot of their national drink, rakia. So strong, couldn't see straight for a few minutes. Met some people and we hit it off instantly, everybody there is so friendly.

• 13th Jan 2015