Believe-it-or-Not Reviews

10 Myrthengasse Apt 14, Vienna, Austria

Amazing place...really does feel like a home. Had better service there than at most hotels. Super comfy beds and Lilly straightens them daily, towels provided, essentials provided, really clean, etc. Would probably be nice to have more than one shower, and the floors are a bit squeaky (meaning hard to sneak around quietly), but wouldn't hesitate to recommend at all.

Id been to other hostels in Vienna before coming to Believe it or not and this one was definitely my favorite. It's a more intimate space and so if meeting people is what you want to do then I can't think of a hostel that makes it easier. Like anyone whose stayed at this hostel will tell you the experience is made by Lily, the woman who runs it. Sure, there's some plumbing problems and the floorboards creak but it's all forgotten after a breakfast and coffee with her and some fellow travellers.

• 11th Oct 2014

Good place to stay at, they make your bed each day and even fold your clothes. 1 of the 2 toilets is out of order, the floor boards squeak a lot, and it's sorta out of the way / short trip on tram/bus/bike. Great breakfasts and hosts.

toilet is fixed, there is nothing you can do about squeaking floorboards, it is an old historical building, and our location is top. sorry you do not step out onto stephansplatz, but trust me you dont want to be in the first district, it is tourist nightmare. we are tucked away in the heart of the coolest little district in vienna and only 7 min walk to city centre and surrounded by bus, trams and metro for the lazy peeps....

Best homely hostel i have ever stayed in..and Lilly is the sweetest and most kind host you can ask for...even if she is not around..she has ensured life in this hostel is so comfortable..highly recomend this place for location, atmoshphere, staff & facilities.

Thanks for a great stay Lilly and co. Felt just like home!

• 30th Sep 2014

This place way great and Lily is amazing. It felt so homey. Everything is so clean. Lily is like the den mother - she really looks out for you. If I ever go back to Vienna this is the place I would stay, hands down and wouldn't even look at any other hostels. Everything is so clean. You get your own locker and keys. Breakfast is provided.

Believe it or not , it was fantastic, thanks Lilly :)

Artistic interior...

Among the best places I've ever stayed. Lilly really makes you feel at home, with lots of great tips about what to do, where to go, where to eat. She really makes staying at the Believe-it-or-not a special thing. It's a bit different from the other hostels since it is indeed an apartment that you will share with the other guests. The way the whole thing works makes you interact with the other travellers, which is actually the most special thing about it. I recommend it to everyone

Genuinely deserves the extraordinary ratings and then some: it's clean, comfortable, safe, and very well equipped. Great for solo travelers looking for like-minded types; I made a slew of new friends in just a few days. Lilly is awesome. I'd seriously return to Vienna just to stay here and repeat the experience!

One of my favourite hostels. Really felt like I was at home and among friends, which really made my time in Vienna that much better. Can't recommend this hostel enough, and the fact that the owner is such an amazing person just seals the deal. Be sure to remind her about her coffee, she forgets it sometimes because she's so busy making sure everyone's having a great time!

Fantastic hostel. Very homely and cool and quite social so you'll meet some other travellers. And Lilly is great!

This hostel is amazing thanks to Lilly! I'd love to go back and recommend it highly :)

Amazing hostel with a perfect hostess. I honestly could have stayed for weeks and shall be returning in the future. Great location in Vienna, all the facilities you could ever want (free breakfast, hair dryer,straighteners, shower gel, toothpaste, towels etc etc). It's a small place so has more of an apartment feel but this is great for chatting to other guests particularly if you are a solo traveller. I loved it.

It was amazing!

When I booked the hostel I was affraid it could be too overrated on internet, but is true is perfect place to stay and meet people. Lili is wondeful and makes you feel you are at home, here you are one traveler with identiy not only one room number. I totally recommend this hostel.

Amazing! I cannot rate this hostel highly enough. All the little touches really made it, for example cotton pads in the bathroom and an amazing breakfast laid out in the morning. Lily, the manager, is so helpful and kind. I would stay here again without doubt.

This is absolutely the best hostel I've ever stayed in. It was incredibly hard to leave the homelike atmosphere, good breakfast, and amazing pillows!! Lilly gave great advice for restaurants and general Vienna tips and is just the sweetest. I would recommend this hostel to absolutely anyone. Go there now!

The hostel owner is so sweet and helpful and the whole atmosphere is really chilled. There is a free breakfast and kitchen facilities which is great. The rooms are tidy and so pretty, the whole place is really well looked after. We met some really like minded people in our room and ended up having a really good trip in Vienna.

Very cool little place, with a homely environment. Quite small but still a good place to meet fellow solo travellers. The lady who runs the place is delightful and really cares about all her travellers. Would definitely recommend this hostel!

« first « Prev 1 2 3