Believe-it-or-Not Reviews

10 Myrthengasse Apt 14, Vienna, Austria

A home away from home! Everything provided and thoughtfully put together. I felt like I was one of the family. Thanks Lilly!

Really an overall great Hostel! If you're looking to party, this isn't the best environment. However, Beleive It or Not offers a lot more than other hostels including washing machine, free food for breakfast, lunch, etc. clean towels and lenins every morning and much more. Great relaxing environment with a fantastic location!

We had a great stay at this place. Great location and facilities, very comfortable bed. Everything was perfect, but it's a little expensive for a hostel.

Lilly's really makes you comfortable and feeling like it's home, definitely recommend this place! got the best experience there, one of the best hostels I've ever been.

Such a wonderful place to stay, and an excellent start to my time here in Vienna. So glad I got to meet Lilly and stay in this wonderful hostel - the best i've ever stayed in!

This place was incredible. Helpful staff cool rooms. Kitchen was immaculate

In over 3 years of travelling, this is without doubt the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. We were only here for 4 nights but it instantly felt like home. Wonderful people, great atmosphere, and more facilities than you would ever expect. Lilly was so friendly and helpful. If only every hostel was like this...

• 15th Jan 2015

Easily the most beautiful place I've ever stayed, well worth the little bit extra and Lilly was amazing even though we only saw her for a little bit. You won't regret staying here. Really relaxing vibe.

Central location to explore touristy stuff or arty Josefstadt. Well-equipped facility: no need to bring a towel, hairdryer (great news for traveling nomads!) plus every conceivable breakfast food, two guitars, board games, books. I met lovely people there. Everyone is respectful, no competition for bathroom or late-night loud noises. I had a short but sweet chat with Lilly before I took off. What an extraordinary person she is!! I'm recommending this to all my friends who'll travel to Vienna.

• 8th Jan 2015
  • China

Hands down my favourite hostel I have stayed at. Great neighbourhood with plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby, plus other shops to browse, and very close to the city centre and museumquartier. Lilly was a fantastic host- friendly, accommodating and personable. As far as hostels go, this place is small (there are only 2 dorm rooms), but that is what makes it such a nice place to stay; easy for meeting other travellers and you feel right at home. Breakfast each morning was great as well. 10/10!

• 5th Jan 2015

Awesome place!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

It is literally hard to believe at first that the place is a hostel. The atmosphere is very vibrant and honestly refreshing. Loved the vibe!

Best hostel I stayed in during all my traveling while abroad. Really great place and the owner is the nicest.

• 14th Dec 2014

We had a great time and would definitely recommend that cosy, practical and greatly decorated appartement. We enjoyed the care Lily took at making us feel welcomed and like at a friends' place. We met great people there. The kitchen allowed us to cook our food, definitely a plus!

Best place to stay in Vienna!! You'll feel at home!!

In all my travels, I have never enjoyed my time at a hostel as much as I did at Believe-it-or-Not. It is basically a shared apartment which made it very easy to meet other travelers. It felt like a home for me while I was there. Lilly was amazing and was always extremely helpful. The location was great and the hostel was very clean and secure. It may be a little more expensive than some of the other hostels, but the perks and atmosphere that come with it made it well worth the price.

• 5th Nov 2014
  • bushj85

If you are a solo traveller and looking for somewhere in Vienna this should be your first choice. Its not a typical hostel but more so an appartment - its so easy to meet people and make friends there. Lilly is amazing - its the little things she does to make the place and your stay special. She even makes your bed for you. She even gives you a massive hug when you are leaving! In all my travels, this is probably my favourite place I have stayed, it really is something special.

Very unique place in a lively district of vienna in walking distance to the city center. The interior of the apartment is very comfy with incredible attention to detail. Lilly is amazing. However there is only one shower (actually two, but in the same bathtub, so that doesnt count :D) which can cause some waiting time in the mornings. The wooden floor squeaks with every step you make, and with 8 people in the room you wake up as soon as the first person starts to pack or go to the bathroom.

I am backpacking Europe for five months and this is the best place I have stayed in. Lily is an exceptional host and the apartment is immensely clean and comfortable. Don't bother looking anywhere else - this is your place!

Silly name aside, it was way too easy to fall in love with the place(and Lilly, of course) and it was way too difficult a decision to make to leave (I think I cried a little when Lilly hugged me goodbye) I don't know why people complain about the creaky floor; I loved it! It added personality and charm to the place.

• 26th Oct 2014