Believe-it-or-Not Reviews

10 Myrthengasse Apt 14, Vienna, Austria

In over 3 years of travelling, this is without doubt the nicest hostel I've ever stayed in. We were only here for 4 nights but it instantly felt like home. Wonderful people, great atmosphere, and more facilities than you would ever expect. Lilly was so friendly and helpful. If only every hostel was like this...

• 15th Jan 2015

Easily the most beautiful place I've ever stayed, well worth the little bit extra and Lilly was amazing even though we only saw her for a little bit. You won't regret staying here. Really relaxing vibe.

Hands down my favourite hostel I have stayed at. Great neighbourhood with plenty of restaurants and cafes nearby, plus other shops to browse, and very close to the city centre and museumquartier. Lilly was a fantastic host- friendly, accommodating and personable. As far as hostels go, this place is small (there are only 2 dorm rooms), but that is what makes it such a nice place to stay; easy for meeting other travellers and you feel right at home. Breakfast each morning was great as well. 10/10!

• 5th Jan 2015

Awesome place!

• 27th Dec 2014
  • Hungary

It is literally hard to believe at first that the place is a hostel. The atmosphere is very vibrant and honestly refreshing. Loved the vibe!

Best hostel I stayed in during all my traveling while abroad. Really great place and the owner is the nicest.

• 14th Dec 2014

We had a great time and would definitely recommend that cosy, practical and greatly decorated appartement. We enjoyed the care Lily took at making us feel welcomed and like at a friends' place. We met great people there. The kitchen allowed us to cook our food, definitely a plus!

Best place to stay in Vienna!! You'll feel at home!!

In all my travels, I have never enjoyed my time at a hostel as much as I did at Believe-it-or-Not. It is basically a shared apartment which made it very easy to meet other travelers. It felt like a home for me while I was there. Lilly was amazing and was always extremely helpful. The location was great and the hostel was very clean and secure. It may be a little more expensive than some of the other hostels, but the perks and atmosphere that come with it made it well worth the price.

• 5th Nov 2014

If you are a solo traveller and looking for somewhere in Vienna this should be your first choice. Its not a typical hostel but more so an appartment - its so easy to meet people and make friends there. Lilly is amazing - its the little things she does to make the place and your stay special. She even makes your bed for you. She even gives you a massive hug when you are leaving! In all my travels, this is probably my favourite place I have stayed, it really is something special.

Very unique place in a lively district of vienna in walking distance to the city center. The interior of the apartment is very comfy with incredible attention to detail. Lilly is amazing. However there is only one shower (actually two, but in the same bathtub, so that doesnt count :D) which can cause some waiting time in the mornings. The wooden floor squeaks with every step you make, and with 8 people in the room you wake up as soon as the first person starts to pack or go to the bathroom.

I am backpacking Europe for five months and this is the best place I have stayed in. Lily is an exceptional host and the apartment is immensely clean and comfortable. Don't bother looking anywhere else - this is your place!

Silly name aside, it was way too easy to fall in love with the place(and Lilly, of course) and it was way too difficult a decision to make to leave (I think I cried a little when Lilly hugged me goodbye) I don't know why people complain about the creaky floor; I loved it! It added personality and charm to the place.

• 26th Oct 2014

Positives: super comfortable beds; decorated with amazing attention to detail; great location; SO CLEAN. Negatives: second toilet AND shower were broken, thus limiting ability to get ready quickly in the morning; really small, which is great with fewer guests but I cannot imagine what it would be like at full capacity; a bit expensive; I did not interact directly with Lily but my wife mentioned she made some odd/awkward comments to her regarding the facilities and payment.

This is not your typical hostel: it's an awesome apartment where a small amount of people are staying. The crowd you'll encounter there is also different from other hostels (almost no long term travellers). It's cool, has amazing facilities, and the owner is awesome, but it doesn't feel like an hostel. If that's a good or bad thing, it depends on what you're looking for ;)

Great atmosphere

Amazing place...really does feel like a home. Had better service there than at most hotels. Super comfy beds and Lilly straightens them daily, towels provided, essentials provided, really clean, etc. Would probably be nice to have more than one shower, and the floors are a bit squeaky (meaning hard to sneak around quietly), but wouldn't hesitate to recommend at all.

I really enjoyed my stay here, though keep in mind that this isn't your typical hostel; it's an apartment with two rooms, so don't come here expecting to find a hostel bar. The place has some real character, and the owner--the always energetic and supremely helpful Lily--has clearly put a lot of love into it. The only downside would be the creaky floors, but thats what you get when you book a place like this in such an historic city. Would definitely return.

Id been to other hostels in Vienna before coming to Believe it or not and this one was definitely my favorite. It's a more intimate space and so if meeting people is what you want to do then I can't think of a hostel that makes it easier. Like anyone whose stayed at this hostel will tell you the experience is made by Lily, the woman who runs it. Sure, there's some plumbing problems and the floorboards creak but it's all forgotten after a breakfast and coffee with her and some fellow travellers.

• 11th Oct 2014

It is a bit strange coming and being checked in remotely, but the owner is really great in person. Super nice and even let me borrow her laptop for a day.

« first « Prev 1 2 3