Bell Hostel and Apartments Reviews

Szent Istvan krt. 24. IV/2., Budapest, Hungary

Super location, clean place. Recommend it!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

The Bell Hostel has a great location, right by the Margaret Bridge and super close to all of the bars, shops and restaurants in Pest. My friend and I stayed in the "apartment" and while it was nice to have our own apartment with kitchen and living space, the apartment was quite dingy and a bit dirty and there was leftover food from the previous renters. Gabor was very friendly and helpful but I would suggest somewhere a bit cleaner with better airflow.

Really nice, clean and safe hostel. Good location with very friendly staff!

• 20th Jun 2014

We had Very friendly host who gave us a good introduction to area and facilities. We only saw him once for orientation and payment. We had a contact number to reach him if any problems. We enjoyed the novelty of staying in a traditional apartment block with the city at our doorstep. It was Handy having small kitchen to make tea and coffee, but the shower needs attention and we would have liked a TV. We loved Budapest and it's fascinating sights.

Gabor was exceptionally helpful. Very polite, even compensated me with a very nice bottle of wine when upgrading my room due to a group booking! The hostel is in a great location, and very convenient for sightseeing and museums as it is close to all the major forms of transport, as well as being near the main buzz of the city. Thanks Gabor for a hassle free and pleasurable stay!

It was my first stay at bell hostel, but I'm sure I'll turn back. It's clean, quiet and has a good location. I payed for a single room, and got a huge triple for my own. The guy who runs the place helps you with all Budapest related questions.

Overall I liked this hostel. I had a single room for two nights. I had planned on only staying one night, but then a museum if wanted to see was closed one day and decided to stay another day to see it so the staff was great about changing my stay at the last minute. Hostel was quiet too. The only thing I really didn't like was that there really is no reception office. You can call or email the staff but would've been nice to have someone there if you had questions.

Friendly and helpful staff. Good location easy access to most attractions and public transportation. Had a good stay with friends here.

Loved the hostel. Brilliant location, very safe and great kitchen/living area. Would definitely reecommend and use again.

Seriously one of the best hostels I've ever been to. Gabor, the boss, makes a great job and treats you better than some 5 star hotels.

• 25th Oct 2013

Very good hostel

The bell hostel is very nice, clean and organized place. The apartments are fully equipped and you have everything you need. Also, there is beautiful terrace which is part of apartment. It’s situated in city center, only 10 min from Parliament which is a great advantage because there is no need to use public transportation. The staff is really friendly and helpful.

• 5th Oct 2013
  • Croatia

Great location and lovely facilities. Clean and quiet and easy to move about the city. Would not hesitate to stay here again next time I'm in BP.

• 25th Sep 2013

The apartment was very nice for 2 people, very clean and had everything you need to spend a few days very comfortably. It was 5 minutes away from a subway station and from there it is very easy to move around in Budapest. The landlord gave us great tips on what to do, where to eat, etc. I would stay here again and would recommend it to my friends. Great experience.

I think, this hostel is definately very nice, calm, clean and near to the city centre. And it is close to Margit Sziget (to the island on the river), which is one of my favourite place in Budapest! I have got everything in this hostel, what i need for a weekend to relax and have fun. I really enjoyed the time there, and for sure i will visit again!

• 30th Aug 2013
  • Hungary

Best hostel in our 15-days trip round Balkans!and best owner,congrats Gabor!

We had no oven. The apartment was GREAT!!

I truly recommend this place. I had several stay in youth hostel like that and according to me this one is the best value for the price I tried. Thanks again to the hostel owner.

• 13th Aug 2013

We stayed in a 3 bed private. The hostel has a good central location and is very safe. Everything was clean and the ac worked perfectly, and the bathrooms were better than much hotels. The staff was so patient and helpful in teaching us all we needed to know about the city. Nice and clean kitchen and a small terrace.

special thnx to Gabor who runs the hostel, he is a great guide, speaks perfect english and knows his way around the city. especialy for sziget going people you can count on him for information! He even understands and speak dutch! overall a very plessant stay

• 3rd Aug 2013