Bell Hostel and Apartments Reviews

Szent Istvan krt. 24. IV/2., Budapest, Hungary

I would highly recommend this place. very clean and friendly atmosphere. Super quiet too!

• 22nd Feb 2015

I really wish i have stayed more days. There was a group reservation on the hostel and they didn't have a bed left for me, so they upgraded me to an apartment for myself. Gábor is a really friendly and helpful guy, ask him what ever you want to ask and he can reccomend you anything about Budapest. The location is really good,a few steps from the bridge, one block from the subway station,the tram passes through that avenue, you have an exchange place just in front and lots of places to eat nearby

More like staying in an apartment than a hostel - a really clean, beautiful place with all the facilities and comfort of your own home. The staff were extremly helpful. The manager offered hot caffee every morning :)

• 14th Jan 2015

I really enjoyed the time my friends and I spent at Bell Hostel and apartments. We hadn't heard of the place before and it was its almost unrealistic value for money that recommended it to us. (Around ten pounds a night per person for a private room). The facilities are comprehensive. There was really nothing lacking. The staff, Cecília and Gábor were also very kind and accommodating; they even took the time to make coffee for us. I would recommend this hostel for these reason.

• 6th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff was very friendly and did their best to help me find my way around town, meet new people, give suggestions for my stay, and arranged activities.

Couldn't of hope for a better hostel. Perfect location, extremely clean, friendly staff and great value for money. So pleased we chose the bell hostel for our trip to Budapest!

• 30th Sep 2014

Fantastic Hostel with an even better host. Could not imagine a better place to stay in Budapest. We stayed here for 5 nights with 3 couples en accomodation are very clean and really everything is provided. A warm welcome and a lot of advice of the local host helped us to come at the nicest places in Budapest. Gabor is an experienced host who helps you in any possible way. This is a 5 star hostel for us.

Great staff, very nice rooms and right next to the Metro

I would stay here again

Super location, clean place. Recommend it!

• 3rd Jul 2014
  • Bulgaria

The Bell Hostel has a great location, right by the Margaret Bridge and super close to all of the bars, shops and restaurants in Pest. My friend and I stayed in the "apartment" and while it was nice to have our own apartment with kitchen and living space, the apartment was quite dingy and a bit dirty and there was leftover food from the previous renters. Gabor was very friendly and helpful but I would suggest somewhere a bit cleaner with better airflow.

Really nice, clean and safe hostel. Good location with very friendly staff!

• 20th Jun 2014

We had Very friendly host who gave us a good introduction to area and facilities. We only saw him once for orientation and payment. We had a contact number to reach him if any problems. We enjoyed the novelty of staying in a traditional apartment block with the city at our doorstep. It was Handy having small kitchen to make tea and coffee, but the shower needs attention and we would have liked a TV. We loved Budapest and it's fascinating sights.

Gabor was exceptionally helpful. Very polite, even compensated me with a very nice bottle of wine when upgrading my room due to a group booking! The hostel is in a great location, and very convenient for sightseeing and museums as it is close to all the major forms of transport, as well as being near the main buzz of the city. Thanks Gabor for a hassle free and pleasurable stay!

It was my first stay at bell hostel, but I'm sure I'll turn back. It's clean, quiet and has a good location. I payed for a single room, and got a huge triple for my own. The guy who runs the place helps you with all Budapest related questions.

Overall I liked this hostel. I had a single room for two nights. I had planned on only staying one night, but then a museum if wanted to see was closed one day and decided to stay another day to see it so the staff was great about changing my stay at the last minute. Hostel was quiet too. The only thing I really didn't like was that there really is no reception office. You can call or email the staff but would've been nice to have someone there if you had questions.

Friendly and helpful staff. Good location easy access to most attractions and public transportation. Had a good stay with friends here.

Loved the hostel. Brilliant location, very safe and great kitchen/living area. Would definitely reecommend and use again.

Seriously one of the best hostels I've ever been to. Gabor, the boss, makes a great job and treats you better than some 5 star hotels.

• 25th Oct 2013