Bell Tower International Hostel Reviews

No. 1 North Street (Post Office Building), Xi'an, China

The restaurant of the hostel was also very good

The location of this place is awesome, directly across from the Bell Tower, with some rooms having direct views. The staff is ok, but you won't get much unless you ask first. They definitely overcharge for taxis and tours, look elsewhere or do it yourself. My biggest complaint is that they don't provide toilet paper! I was told by the staff that since you don't get it at public bathrooms, they don't provide it either. Would not stay here again.

best bar and location .so nice staff in front office . the room it is good . high recommend it !

Very obliging and helpful staff. The young man on duty of an evening was outstanding. I had problems with a tour company and he persevered to make sure I did not miss seeing the Terra Cotta Warriors and got me to my plane on time. I an sorry I do not know his name. I am forever grateful for his help.

Really nice hostel, good location but wouldn't recommend the tours they do.

really liked this place, stayed in a double and were out most of the time, but really enjoyed the bar for some breakfast. helpful and friendly staff. amazing location

The hostel is in a great location and very inexpensive, but that's about all I can say. Granted I only stayed one night and got in late, but it wasn't great. The staff wasn't friendly, the key card machine was broken so I had to have a staff person open the dorm room door for me every time, my soap got thrown out in the middle of the night before I could retrieve it, no TP provided, and even the stove in the restaurant was broken when I went for breakfast (tho the restaurant staff was nice).

A perfect stay. We had a double room on the 5th floor with view on the Bell Tower. It was large, clean and fully equipped with a full courtesy bath set. The staff speaks excellent English and gave us impeccable directions for everything. We used the free luggage deposit service too. If you are not lucky to get a view room, you will still enjoy the location: right in the central square of the walled part of Xi'an, close to Bell and Drum Towers, the Muslim Area and well connected to the transports

The private rooms were booked so we stayed in a dorm room. They were nice and clean, just loud from other travelers.

• 1st May 2014

The hostel has an excellent location, the staff is nice (they helped us to get to the touristic places by ourselves) and they try to speak English. The 8 beds dormitory was ok; but the mattress was really thin. The toilets were fine but they didn't have toilet paper. They rent towels, and they have free Wi-Fi. I would recommend this hostel because the location can't be better.