Bell Tower International Hostel Reviews

No. 1 North Street (Post Office Building), Xi'an, China

really great loacation, just a few mins walk to ''food street'' ! comfortable bedroom and excellent view of bell tower from our room :D

Pros: entertaining graffiti on the walls. Very central location (although the windows are paper thin, so this is also a con, as the noise from the street is deafening) Cons: rock hard beds (is it technically a bed if there isn't a mattress?), filthy bathrooms, rude staff, broken air-conditioning, overall grubbiness. We only stayed here because it was the only place left in Xi'an with free beds. There is absolutely no reason to stay here otherwise - avoid, avoid, avoid!

The best thing of the hostel is about the location, we can very easy to find from the subway, but actually i did a lot of transport by taxi. KFC is close to the hostel. The nigjt market is near the bell tower which is great. It maybe a little bit too noisy at night time, it is ok for me but i am sure not for everyone.

I would like to say that the location is perfect for any traveller. However, there is no elevator, and my room was on the 5th floor! Moreover, they close the maindoor at night. If you come back late at night, you can't come in.

• 26th Aug 2014
  • South Korea

welcoming and patient staff, didn't sleep or take a shower there so can't comment on the supposedly brown water. made some good friends, though! and spent a crazy night in xi'an. all in all I'm happy I stayed here.

• 10th Aug 2014

Besides the staff which were nice and very friendly and always willing to help and the free beer upon arrival. The place itself was filthy!! the water in the shower and the tap stunk!! I have showers to get clean not dirty. And the entire place could do with a fresh paint job or general repair. I've stayed in many hostels for the same price they charged but with a lot better quality. I think the owner needs to put some serious money into the building. Staff good building bad

• 1st Aug 2014

The water (shower, sink) all smelled like eggs. Otherwise, good staff, nice bar/restaurant, laundry was affordable, WiFi was ok in the rooms, good in the bar, and the location is really nice. Look outside your window to the Bell Tower, good food all around, metro right there, bus to train station (same place you can catch a bus to the terracotta army) is right outside too. All in all, it'd be a real easy recommendation except for that egg smell...

The restaurant of the hostel was also very good

The location of this place is awesome, directly across from the Bell Tower, with some rooms having direct views. The staff is ok, but you won't get much unless you ask first. They definitely overcharge for taxis and tours, look elsewhere or do it yourself. My biggest complaint is that they don't provide toilet paper! I was told by the staff that since you don't get it at public bathrooms, they don't provide it either. Would not stay here again.

best bar and location .so nice staff in front office . the room it is good . high recommend it !

I loved the cute library area and the fun restaurant/lounge area! There is plenty of communal space. I highly recommend this hostel! My friend and I stayed in a private room that to our surprise had its own personal very clean bathroom and shower! The staff even came in to restock our bathroom with complimentary toiletries and toilet paper. Great!!

• 14th Jul 2014

Very obliging and helpful staff. The young man on duty of an evening was outstanding. I had problems with a tour company and he persevered to make sure I did not miss seeing the Terra Cotta Warriors and got me to my plane on time. I an sorry I do not know his name. I am forever grateful for his help.

Really nice hostel, good location but wouldn't recommend the tours they do.

really liked this place, stayed in a double and were out most of the time, but really enjoyed the bar for some breakfast. helpful and friendly staff. amazing location