Bell & Hare Hostel Reviews

724-726 High Rd, Tottenham, London, England

Awesome value for money but our room has no power points so we had to charge our phones in the kitchen. Other wise good hostel bathrooms and rooms we're clean

• 6th Sep 2014

Can't beat it for the price. It's nice and quiet probably because its away from the center of London. The staff in the pub downstairs are sound and easy to get on with. Toilets and shower are always clean and the kitchen has everything that is needed. I've stayed in a few hostels in London and this rates far and above the others.

• 1st Sep 2014

Although a bit of a travel into the main parts of London, this was the greatest hostile experience. Everything was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly! The pub under the hostile is a great place to have a few beers. Since Bell and Hare is right next to the Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium it is great fun to be around on a gameday.

• 26th Aug 2014

Great place , very clean, definitely worth the trip out to tottenham to be able to stay in a nice place.

• 25th Aug 2014

Best Price, Bathroom,Staff,Kitchen Average Location,I WI-Fi Access

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

The best hostel where I stay in London

I love this place! Great value for the money. The only downside was the strange hours at the reception desk, but I probably could have planned more adequately for that.

My friend and I just needed a cheap place to stay so we chose Bell & Hare. But we did not expect it to be so good! The 6 female room and the toilet were clean and tidy. There were also computers available to use free of charge. However, in terms of the location it did take us time to find it. It took us 50 minutes to walk there from the Tottenham Hare station. But it would be convenient by bus, which we tried when we left next day.

• 21st Aug 2014
  • China

The location is a bit far from centre, but still accesible quite easily. It takes about 30 minutes to get to Victoria station with bus and tube and the bus stop is right in front of the door.We stayed in double room and it was perfect for your needs. There are only 3 bathrooms for quite alot of people so it's a bit hard to get inside in rush hours, but allways clean. The kitchen is huge, well equiped (it has 2 fridges, stove, oven, microwave oven, everything) with nice terace. Overall great deal

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Czech Republic

so glad you enjoyed your stay at our hostel. we hope to see you again in the future.

You could see that the hostel had been remodeled recently, it looked bright and mostly clean. There were computers for everyone to use and when we contacted the staff about arriving out of reception hours, we got a prompt answer (they waited for us). The bathrooms were cleaned three times a day, but you often had to wait until one was free. It really bothered me that the walls were really thin. As for the location, the city was easy and fast to reach, and we noticed A LOT of police cars...

inside the hostel everything was perfect. the beds, bathrooms and kitchen were clean and kept. there was a lovely outdoor patio off the kitchen which was really nice at night and the staff was accommodating. HOWEVER! the location is less than desired. it was about a 30 minute train ride to the center of the city (any landmark) and there were constantly people lurking around outside for hours, for no apparent reason. best advice is keep your head down and walk quickly. other than outside.. good!

• 2nd Aug 2014

Out in the middle of nowhere. Some windows are stuck and won't open, showers aren't that great.

We apologize about this and will take these things into consideration for the future, to better ourselves for our guests. But may we ask, if you felt this way, why did you stay with us a second time?

Opening hours were too short - I had to spend the first night outside, even though I had contacted them on facebook previously and weren't able to get in touch with them when I came to London as it was too late. Other than that, I would definetely recommend this hostel.

• 24th Jul 2014
  • Poland
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Very clean and welcoming, the staff is very nice, it lacks a common space despite there is a pub on the ground floor, it is necessary to be able to work on laptop or study. toilets very clean, lokers too small.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • endige3403

Worst hostel I have ever been in. Not really clean, awful bed, and the personnel is probably the worst part. And of course, as a result, bad atmosphere. Every client has a long face. Don't go.

• 15th Jul 2014

I only stayed for one night and collapsed into bed pretty much as soon as I got there so I can't really comment too much. Didn't see the kitchen, but the bedroom and showers were very nice and clean, although the stairs up from the pub were inexplicably filthy! The staff were very friendly and helpful, and there are lockers for each bed but you have to bring your own padlock. All in all, great for what I paid.

Staff very friendly and helpful. The hostel is spotless clean. A little bit out of the way if you want to go clubbing in the west end by night, but if you want to explore London's day time attractions it is an excellent in a good location. A lot of buses run just outside the hostel run to both north, south west and east of London which makes going sightseeing from there easy and convenient. I highly recommend anyone staying at the Bell and Hare, you will enjoy it. Susanne

• 13th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

I stayed at the Bell & Hare this summer for three weeks while I was looking for work in London. Wouldn't have changed a thing! By far, the best value accommodation in London. (It's not in the nicest part of town but there is a 24hr bus that stops literally right outside the door so no big deal). I would especially recommend this hostel to anyone staying here for more than a weekend. The staff is amazing- (Lola I loveeee you ;)) the kitchen is solid, good security, and there's a bar downstairs!

Good place, friendly staff, nice rooms, transportation worked okay (bus+underground). Would stay here again!

I had a great stay, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, ideally there could be another w/c although this was no great grievance. Although slightly out of the way for the price I think the slightly extra distance is worthwhile. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Also having access to the two computers in the hostel was very welcome! Would recommend!

• 2nd Jul 2014