Bell & Hare Hostel Reviews

724-726 High Rd, Tottenham, London, England

Very clean and welcoming, the staff is very nice, it lacks a common space despite there is a pub on the ground floor, it is necessary to be able to work on laptop or study. toilets very clean, lokers too small.

• 17th Jul 2014
  • endige3403

I only stayed for one night and collapsed into bed pretty much as soon as I got there so I can't really comment too much. Didn't see the kitchen, but the bedroom and showers were very nice and clean, although the stairs up from the pub were inexplicably filthy! The staff were very friendly and helpful, and there are lockers for each bed but you have to bring your own padlock. All in all, great for what I paid.

Good place, friendly staff, nice rooms, transportation worked okay (bus+underground). Would stay here again!

I had a great stay, the rooms and bathrooms were clean, ideally there could be another w/c although this was no great grievance. Although slightly out of the way for the price I think the slightly extra distance is worthwhile. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Also having access to the two computers in the hostel was very welcome! Would recommend!

• 2nd Jul 2014

One girl from staff was very friendly and actually made effort to talk to customers, the remaining few didn't bother. There are small lockers in rooms (only big enough for your wallet and documents, etc.) but you need your own padlock. Security is decent, you need a swipe card to open the hostel door and a key to get to the room.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Poland

A well run, friendly hostel. It's not the best location compared to other hostels (unless you want to watch a spurs match) and it is a short train or bus journey from 7 sisters tubestation. However, it is clean, has a decent kitchen, outside balcony type area and good bathrooms. Could do with another bathroom though as there can be quite a wait in the morning. The drinks in the pub are cheap compared to the pubs in the town centre. The barmaids have good taste in music! Definitely stay again.

Everything good except for the location!

A toilet broke and flooded the room as well as leaked down to the kitchen below late in the evening. Was very upset about it and manager refused to give any type of discount for the nightmare.

Hi there, Upon check out, we deeply apologized for the hassle which was taken care of immediately, you didn't seem to have an issue as those things happen which can be unfortunate. Nor did you ask for a discount. We do apologize once again.

This was a great hostel to stay at during my time in London! While it was a longer ride on the tube than I expected, it allowed me to get comfortable with the city and the public transportation. The staff was really friendly and were great hosts while there. The room and beds were really clean, and the bathrooms were nice too!

• 26th Jun 2014

Probably the best hostel I've used in London so far,

It was cheap but it was a 30 minute walk to the closest tube so it took over an hour to get to central London. The hostel was nice but the surrounding area wasn't

you have wonderful people working there. i loved them all. i am glad you are taking care of the backyard. down the road i always found a cup of tea to wake me up. i hope the royals get the same treatment. i will be back love harry

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Argentina
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you ever so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to have you both stay with us. We hope to see you again! safe travels. Love from all the girls at The Bell.

Staff was very friendly! Thanks for a good stay.

• 14th Jun 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you guys again.

Laid back cool atmosphere. Easily accessible computers with internet access, and bathrooms are clean. Really enjoyed my stay.

Thanks for your positive review. Glad you enjoyed your stay, hope Germany treats you well on your next adventure. :)

Amazing place and the manager Lola is the sweetest, kindest and most friendly person you can ask for (and super fun too). She actually moved the bed arrangements around so that I could sleep in the same room as my friends. It's spotlessly clean in the living areas, and there is a fully equipped kitchen which pretty much never happens in hostels. I don't know how they keep it so tidy with people constantly coming and going, but they do.

It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for your kind words, we all try our hardest to make our guests happy. Hope to see you again for a rematch of King's Cup!

Overall this hostel proved to be a good fit to my needs and expectations. If it isn't 24/7 clean is because clients don't clean behind them. It's absurd expect having someone ready to clean after you every second. At first glance your choosing will be biased by the distance from the city center but before making any rush decision you need to know that arriving to this hostel is only a matter of time and patience. You have the tube or the train until Seven Sisters and from there plenty of buses

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Romania

I had a positive experience with the hostel. The staff was understanding and responsive. The location is a little out of the way, but it's a good value and I met some other travellers that I went exploring with.

• 4th Jun 2014

there is not really anything to praise or complain about here. this is a place that is just.....there, neither good or bad; it just is. It says on the internet that it is close to a rail line. while this is true it doesn't mention that none of the trains that you want to get on are there. it is a 1.7 mile walk or bus ride to the seven sisters train station which is the most viable to use to get in to London. It is cheap though.

This hostel is great for the price, the only bad thing is where it is but with buses right outside on either side of the road it's not too bad.

The hostel was clean and the atmosphere was relaxed. I never worried that my things would be stolen. There is a bar downstairs, but people are almost never there. The hostel doesn't set up any fun or interactive activities. It is also very far away from the city. You have to take a bus and a train to get anywhere. The area it is in is not very nice.

• 27th May 2014