Bell & Hare Hostel Reviews

724-726 High Rd, Tottenham, London, England

A well run, friendly hostel. It's not the best location compared to other hostels (unless you want to watch a spurs match) and it is a short train or bus journey from 7 sisters tubestation. However, it is clean, has a decent kitchen, outside balcony type area and good bathrooms. Could do with another bathroom though as there can be quite a wait in the morning. The drinks in the pub are cheap compared to the pubs in the town centre. The barmaids have good taste in music! Definitely stay again.

Everything good except for the location!

A toilet broke and flooded the room as well as leaked down to the kitchen below late in the evening. Was very upset about it and manager refused to give any type of discount for the nightmare.

Hi there, Upon check out, we deeply apologized for the hassle which was taken care of immediately, you didn't seem to have an issue as those things happen which can be unfortunate. Nor did you ask for a discount. We do apologize once again.

This was a great hostel to stay at during my time in London! While it was a longer ride on the tube than I expected, it allowed me to get comfortable with the city and the public transportation. The staff was really friendly and were great hosts while there. The room and beds were really clean, and the bathrooms were nice too!

• 26th Jun 2014

Probably the best hostel I've used in London so far,

The Aussie girl on reception was lovely! The hostel is fine if you're looking for just a few nights. It's a bit of a hike on the train from central London but Tottenham is a pretty cool place to be. The bedrooms are ok if not a little cramped and there was not much atmosphere (maybe because England had been kicked out of the World Cup already). Lockers in the rooms and free internet was nice. Bathrooms could have been cleaner.

This was one of the best hostels I stayed at in terms of value. The beds and showers and kitchen were fine, not necessarily better than anywhere else. The best thing was that their computers were actually functional and reasonably new, and free, unlike most hostels (other places charge you for bad computers. Bell & Hare lets you use nice computers for free.) It's a little far out of the way, but is still accessible, and its location means there is much cheaper food available nearby.

It was cheap but it was a 30 minute walk to the closest tube so it took over an hour to get to central London. The hostel was nice but the surrounding area wasn't

you have wonderful people working there. i loved them all. i am glad you are taking care of the backyard. down the road i always found a cup of tea to wake me up. i hope the royals get the same treatment. i will be back love harry

• 15th Jun 2014
  • Argentina
  • Couple, 41+

Thank you ever so much for your kind words. It was a pleasure to have you both stay with us. We hope to see you again! safe travels. Love from all the girls at The Bell.

Staff was very friendly! Thanks for a good stay.

• 14th Jun 2014

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to see you guys again.

Laid back cool atmosphere. Easily accessible computers with internet access, and bathrooms are clean. Really enjoyed my stay.

Thanks for your positive review. Glad you enjoyed your stay, hope Germany treats you well on your next adventure. :)

Amazing place and the manager Lola is the sweetest, kindest and most friendly person you can ask for (and super fun too). She actually moved the bed arrangements around so that I could sleep in the same room as my friends. It's spotlessly clean in the living areas, and there is a fully equipped kitchen which pretty much never happens in hostels. I don't know how they keep it so tidy with people constantly coming and going, but they do.

It was an absolute pleasure to have you stay with us! Thank you for your kind words, we all try our hardest to make our guests happy. Hope to see you again for a rematch of King's Cup!

Overall this hostel proved to be a good fit to my needs and expectations. If it isn't 24/7 clean is because clients don't clean behind them. It's absurd expect having someone ready to clean after you every second. At first glance your choosing will be biased by the distance from the city center but before making any rush decision you need to know that arriving to this hostel is only a matter of time and patience. You have the tube or the train until Seven Sisters and from there plenty of buses

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Romania

I had a positive experience with the hostel. The staff was understanding and responsive. The location is a little out of the way, but it's a good value and I met some other travellers that I went exploring with.

• 4th Jun 2014

there is not really anything to praise or complain about here. this is a place that is just.....there, neither good or bad; it just is. It says on the internet that it is close to a rail line. while this is true it doesn't mention that none of the trains that you want to get on are there. it is a 1.7 mile walk or bus ride to the seven sisters train station which is the most viable to use to get in to London. It is cheap though.

This hostel is great for the price, the only bad thing is where it is but with buses right outside on either side of the road it's not too bad.

The hostel was clean and the atmosphere was relaxed. I never worried that my things would be stolen. There is a bar downstairs, but people are almost never there. The hostel doesn't set up any fun or interactive activities. It is also very far away from the city. You have to take a bus and a train to get anywhere. The area it is in is not very nice.

• 27th May 2014

Stayed about a week. The hostel is smaller but quaint. Very clean. Rooms were decent. The lockers were a little small. There's a bar downstairs so it was nice to have a drink and chat with the staff. Lola and Miranda were great. Overall I enjoyed my stay there

When we arrived we didn't really have any preconceptions of the place, but we were not disappointed, pleasant staff told us all we need to know, sorted us a map of London, then took us to our rooms, nice clean room, maybe could of had fresher bedding on, downstairs bar, friendly atmosphere, bus stop outside, tube station down the road, easy to get anywhere you need to be! Will definitely be back in the future!

Everything was good, however when I came back from a night out all the beds in my mixed dorm were actually taken, forcing me to sleep in my friends room. Then when I left early in the morning there was no one on reception so again forcing me to leave my key with a friend in order to get my deposit back.

• 23rd May 2014