Bell & Hare Hostel Reviews

724-726 High Rd, Tottenham, London, England

This is a great hostel with a great bar with cheap drinks. Nice location with a bus stop right out front that goes all the way to kings cross station. Friendly an helpful staff, would highly recommend for anyone to stay here.

The few bathrooms they have are quite filthy and they staff is hands off as far as the hostel goes. They pretty much keep the bar going downstairs and that's it.

Yes, this hostel is out of town but: -cashpoint around the corner -supermarket nearby. I stayed for 3 nights and drove into town per train (~15min by foot) 1 Station and then with the tube (overall ~45min). With bus (day and night, stops in front of the hostel) it takes about 45min to 1h. I bought a off-peak-ticket for every day (1-6, ~8,90pounds). I can´t support those reviews á la it´s faaar away,... - nowadays you can google everything and just have to know/choose what you want :)

• 24th Sep 2014

Very clean hostel.but a little far from city of London. When you want to go to city of London (ex, trafalger square,the National gallary ),It takes you about 1hour.

Location is a bit away from what I was interested in, but there's buses and the metro very close by. Facilities were acceptable and the hostel was clean. There wasn't much sociality in spite of the kitchen area using being busy with people, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. The pub downstairs allows for some easy drinks at a slight discount. Staff were helpful and available. Overall, a good value for the price.

Pretty basic place, quite far from the tourist parts of London. Half hour walk to any metro station... Very loud at night, the computers in the hall begged people to sit there and talk loudly until godly hours. There weren't enough showers and toilets for amount of people, so there was constantly a line up. Every shower I had, I had to pull clumps of hair out of the drain so the water could go down. The kitchen was nice enough. Wifi in the room didn't work very well. Wouldn't stay again.

The location was the worst part about this hostel (25mins to downtown London), and the atmosphere was severely lacking as a big downstairs bar remained deserted all day and night. With that said, the hostel was comfy overall and would be good for anyone looking for a quiet place to stay.

Such good value. Would have no worries about staying there in the future if I needed

• 12th Sep 2014

It's a very nice quiet hostel, the staff were great and helpful, and it was clean. Two problems that can't be fixed are: not enough bathroom facilities for the number of guests, and it is close to a main busline but not close to a metro. Plan the commute into your journey and you might consider paying a little more to stay somewhere closer to the center of London.

• 12th Sep 2014

This hostel is AGES from the center of London. On the free map of London I received, it wasn't even on the map. Be prepared for a walk if you take the tube since the closest underground station is easily a 15min. trip on foot. But that's about the only bad thing I have to say. The rooms were what you'd expect for the price and the showers were clean. The bar downstairs is great if you're looking for an easy night where you can meet some guests. The staff was great and fun to talk to.

Soon after I arrived, the hostel added more beds to the rooms which greatly impacted the atmosphere of the hostel. There are only three bathrooms and 30+ people, so it's hard to shower in the busy mornings. Also, while the poster on the bathroom wall says they are cleaned 3x a day, they are only cleaned in the morning. It is disgusting by nighttime and often one is out of paper. I brought my own paper and soap and took showers after noon. Also plan about an hour each way to central London.

Awesome value for money but our room has no power points so we had to charge our phones in the kitchen. Other wise good hostel bathrooms and rooms we're clean

• 6th Sep 2014

The staff is really nice and helpful, rooms, kitchen and toilets are cleaned, beds are comfortable. The hostel is not in the city centre (ZONE 3) but you can easily get there by bus and metro in a short time. supermarket and laundromat nearby. Wifi works well, especially in the pub downstairs, which is a good place for chilling out.

Can't beat it for the price. It's nice and quiet probably because its away from the center of London. The staff in the pub downstairs are sound and easy to get on with. Toilets and shower are always clean and the kitchen has everything that is needed. I've stayed in a few hostels in London and this rates far and above the others.

• 1st Sep 2014

Although a bit of a travel into the main parts of London, this was the greatest hostile experience. Everything was very clean and the staff was extremely friendly! The pub under the hostile is a great place to have a few beers. Since Bell and Hare is right next to the Tottenham Hotspurs Stadium it is great fun to be around on a gameday.

• 26th Aug 2014

Great place , very clean, definitely worth the trip out to tottenham to be able to stay in a nice place.

• 25th Aug 2014

Best Price, Bathroom,Staff,Kitchen Average Location,I WI-Fi Access

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Turkey

The best hostel where I stay in London

I love this place! Great value for the money. The only downside was the strange hours at the reception desk, but I probably could have planned more adequately for that.

My friend and I just needed a cheap place to stay so we chose Bell & Hare. But we did not expect it to be so good! The 6 female room and the toilet were clean and tidy. There were also computers available to use free of charge. However, in terms of the location it did take us time to find it. It took us 50 minutes to walk there from the Tottenham Hare station. But it would be convenient by bus, which we tried when we left next day.

• 21st Aug 2014