Bell & Hare Hostel Reviews

724-726 High Rd, Tottenham, London, England

Thanks for the lovely home.

Thanks for the save and warm home.

best hostel in london for price/quality very clean, confortable and with a big kitchen 10+++++

• 16th Dec 2014

relaxed atmosphere; informal and friendly staff; users generally so too. I am new to hosteling but this one compares well to another more prestigious one I have used. The comments of other users supports my good impression. many users were there for a while and my fellow room users liked it "lived-in"

• 11th Dec 2014

Big thanks to that lovely helpful staff.

I would like to recommand this hostel. It is near the train station. And the staff members are very helpful.

• 30th Nov 2014
  • Czech Republic

Nice hostel, location is only downside. That of course doesn't apply if you are the Spurs fan.

In my dorm there wasn't any plug.

Well generally the stay was OK, especially considering the price. However, I hope the bathroom could be cleaner. I've seen other hostels put foot towel and so on maybe it'll help reducing the water and hair on the bathroom floor. Room is OK. You can't expect to pay one of the cheapest price in London and enjoy a luxury room, right? less than 10 minutes by bus from the nearest tube station (we also tried walking within 30 minutes). You can buy a lock or rent a towel.

• 28th Nov 2014
  • China

We had booked this hostel for 3 nights but ended up only staying 1 night. We stayed in a 10 bed room. There was a group of 4 guys from maybe Poland who came home 3 at night and started inviting there other 2 friends into our room when we were all sleeping. They opened beer bottles even though alcohol is prohibited in the "hostel" area and they were being loud and disgusting. When we checked out in the morning nobody asked us why we wanted to leave early and they didn't seem like they cared why.

• 26th Nov 2014
  • Sweden

Hi there, we do sincerely apologize about this, the matter was brought to our attention and this group was spoken too immediately once we were aware of the situation. once again we are sorry about this.

Good hostel, free parking is actually only on street parking in an rather unsafe area of London. Too few showers, sometimes you have to wait a bit and you have to take a bus to the tube or walk 30 minutes. But overall, it's still a very good hostel, staff are friendly and helpfull, would stay again

Hi there, We hope you both enjoyed London and hope to see you back again soon.

The hostel was not as far as I thought at first, in 30min you can be in Camden town easily. The room was OK for 14pounds, clean and the people was nice. There're 3 bathrooms, so It's enough. And the kitchen looks good! (even I didn't use it). The reception is the bar, so it was quite confuse when we arrive there. The girl was quite rude, but the other one was more than nice! Good for the price, but they should remind you that you have to take your own lock if you want to use the lockers!

I really appreciated the place. Bathrooms were clean, free internet and wifi (didn't use the latter though). The girl at the reception was very nice, fun and helpful. The matress wasn't very comfortable but I guess it was good enough. The only problem encountered was that at 10 nobody was at the reception thus postponing my schedule. Aside from that, everything went well.

very nice staff. we like the bell & here and we will come back.

• 8th Nov 2014

The hostel is run by Chelsea the manager who is most sophisticated and organised young lady ever! A great asset to the hostel and the guests. A beautiful kitchen where you can cook food properly, I made Xmas dinner for 15 guests there. All the staff are very helpful and charming. The bathrooms are modern and have that 5* presentation. Computers are provided which is a great help to guests looking for work or planning a trip. The hostel has different rooms allowing guests to relax and socialise

Spent great days here. Nice kitchen to cook and socialize. Maybe a few more chairs would help. Great value for the money!

• 26th Oct 2014
  • Hungary

The hostel itself is not terrible, but the location is. We walked 30 minutes from the tube to get there and it's a sketchy neighborhood, and as two women traveling by ourselves, we were very uncomfortable. If you are a mixed group or a group of men that doesn't mind the walk this is not a bad place, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to women traveling in a small group.

There are rats in the kitchen!!! It is so horrible! The bed is swinging and the bathroom door cannot be opened sometimes. And the room is so small! Wifi connection is poor. The worst, it is far away from the town. I am a girl travelled to London alone, there were a lot of people disturbing me on the street at 10:00p.m. Horrible. Never will I stay here again

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

A really good Hostel, with a nordic atmosphere, a great friendly stuff, overall clean. One of the best match value for money you can find in London.

Location was awful it's 20 min walk from the tube stop which stops running at 12:30. We had to take a 40 euro cab from center city one night. Staff wasn't very helpful they put all of us in different rooms. One bathroom for about 25-30 people. Long wait for showers in the morning. Overall the place wasn't that bad but if only there for a weekend trying to sightsee and experience, I wouldn't recommend.