Bell & Hare Hostel Reviews

724-726 High Rd, Tottenham, London, England

This hostel is great for the price, the only bad thing is where it is but with buses right outside on either side of the road it's not too bad.

The hostel was clean and the atmosphere was relaxed. I never worried that my things would be stolen. There is a bar downstairs, but people are almost never there. The hostel doesn't set up any fun or interactive activities. It is also very far away from the city. You have to take a bus and a train to get anywhere. The area it is in is not very nice.

• 27th May 2014

Stayed about a week. The hostel is smaller but quaint. Very clean. Rooms were decent. The lockers were a little small. There's a bar downstairs so it was nice to have a drink and chat with the staff. Lola and Miranda were great. Overall I enjoyed my stay there

When we arrived we didn't really have any preconceptions of the place, but we were not disappointed, pleasant staff told us all we need to know, sorted us a map of London, then took us to our rooms, nice clean room, maybe could of had fresher bedding on, downstairs bar, friendly atmosphere, bus stop outside, tube station down the road, easy to get anywhere you need to be! Will definitely be back in the future!

Everything was good, however when I came back from a night out all the beds in my mixed dorm were actually taken, forcing me to sleep in my friends room. Then when I left early in the morning there was no one on reception so again forcing me to leave my key with a friend in order to get my deposit back.

• 23rd May 2014

The hostel was good overall but there were some definite drawbacks. The walk from the tube station to the hostel (with very heavy backpacks) was annoyingly long. We didn't interact with the staff much and they didn't go out of their way to talk with us. We did like that there were two forms of security (a smartcard to get into the building/hostel and a key for the room).

everything was good except Location.but it is no big deal. i was satisfied with this hostel.

I love this hostel i feel like i was home... The staffs were friendly and helpful... I miss guys... God bless you all... Please keep the good work and in touch...

If you are going to see Tottenham play at White Hart Lane and you want to save some money this is the best place to go. It will be one of the cheaper hostles in the London area. It is right next to the stadium. Which makes the down stairs area the closes bar to the stadium. And by staying at the hostle you get a discount on drinks. Then after the game its just a short trip up the stairs to pass out.

• 10th May 2014

I had a good stay. The place very chean, the stuff was super nice and helpful. I left my phone in the hostel after I checked out,The lady was working there her name was Jackie mailed to me next day!Super! I will stay there again when I return to London for sure. mailed to me next day! super! Jackie mailed

• 9th May 2014

I had a great experience in Bell

The hostel is quite far away from the city, although there are bustops right in front of the hostel, it still took me about 45min-1hr. It's also in quite a dodgy area, not too safe at night, however since the bus stops right outside the hostel it's not too bad. The actual hostel itself is quite good, I stayed in a 6bed female dorm, and aside from the girls being a bit noisy at night, it was fine. Bathrooms are quite clean, and kitchen has most things you'd need.

Jackie at the front desk is lovely. Our room was always clean and the bathrooms were as well. We had a key to the main door and a key to the room. One downside: it is quite a ways from central London but there is a bus stop right outside that takes you to a variety of tube stations. We moved to a hostel a bit closer to central London after a few nights and we regretted it instantly. The Bell & Hare is far superior. Thank you so much!

Hi there, We can not thank you enough for your kind words! It was a pleasure to have you stay with us.

Clean Hostel, nice and helpful Stuff. Free slow W-lan, but you can use 2 PC from the hostel for free. Thats quite nice! The hostel is situated directly beside the Tottenham stadium. It's a long Way in the city, but the Bus station is directly in front of the hostel. We were there for 3 nights and didn't experienced any hostel live. No athmosphere! It's more a Hotel than a Hostel. That is an advantage too. We paid just 40 £ for a two bed room. Cheapest "Hotel" in town.

The kitchen and bathroom are huge and clean! But the bedroom was too small to fit three bunk bed in, there wasn't space to leave the luggage.

• 27th Apr 2014

Although there were problems with my bed on the first night they had no qualms about finding a quick solution which was satisfactory for all of us.

• 25th Apr 2014

Pros -Friendly/helpful staff -Walking distance to White Hart Lane Station -Comfortable/clean beds -Well equipped kitchen Cons -Could use curtains on the windows -The toilet/shower room is small so entire flooring is wet/dirty from others taking showers. -Free parking is controlled parking for residents only(was told that they had been parking there for months without ticket). Another area is pay parking(certain hours) near the stadium or nearby schools Overall -Excellent value/would stay again

• 24th Apr 2014

Really clean hostel with a high cleaning frequency in the bathrooms. Really nice to have a kitchen well equipped, considering that normally breakfast included in hostels are a total rip off. The location is not excellent because of having to take a 10 min bus to get to the closest subway station (seven sisters). Higly recommendable!

• 24th Apr 2014

As far as cleanliness, this hostel is great. Everything else (atmosphere, staff friendliness, EASE OF GETTING THERE) was awful. The area is very dodgy & they made it seem like a short walk from the nearest metro stop (took us over 30 minutes at a brisk walk). It was inconvenient to pay by cash (20 pounds for a room key deposit is just absurd) & it didn't seem like the hostel age-restriction was enforced

It is far away from the city center but you can easily take a bus. the price and the quality are worth it.