Bell & Hare Hostel Reviews

724-726 High Rd, Tottenham, London, England

Overall, our stay was a suitable stay for our visit in a city like London. We arrived very late to our hostel, past their check-in time, but they were nice enough to stay open for us until 1 am. The kitchen fit our needs. The bathrooms were cleaned often, however one bathroom's shower had drainage problems from time to time. One bed was comfortable, while the other was very springy. The closest tube station is a farther walk than is described. Research more about Tottenham before staying here!!!

• 11th Apr 2014

I loved it there! It was friendly, not isolating like other hostels I have been to, due to not having curtains around each bed. I liked having home style bathrooms and having 2 computers in the hall for general use was great for me.

Thanks for your feedback. We are glad to here you enjoyed your stay! Safe travels.

Practically no wifi. Too Weak connection. Need more baths. Clean. Cold at night, but these maybe because we didn't know how to switch it on. Near to super markets like aldi. The shower had very loose pressure. In kitchen there were few dishes.

It was a money for value choice if you consider that we paid 13€ per night. Tottenham is a no beautiful strange district with many immigrants and especially Africans. Next to bus station with rapid connection with Piccadilly and Victoria line, but away from center. You need 45 minutes to hour to go to center. There are night buses too that stop outside of hostel. No socializing hostel at all

The bathrooms were very dirty! They were never cleaned and the showers worked pretty bad! It was not a hostel atmosphere, we had to be quiet and some of the employees were very unfriendly towards us. I don't understand why this hostel has very good reviews.

• 4th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Upon your check out you told reception staff you had a fantastic time, apart from the fact that one staff member told you off about drinking alcohol on the hostel premises which is completely forbidden and you were made aware of this when you checked in. As for our bathrooms, they are checked and cleaned hourly. Thanks for the feedback though!

Great place to stay! Will come back again if I return to London!

Thanks for the positive review. We hope to see you again on your next stay in London! :)

I'll come again, definitely! Thank you very much. Denis

• 1st Apr 2014

It was a pleasure to have you stay with us! Hope to see you again soon.

This hostel is certainly not what you pay, it’s more! Great helpful staff, clean, cosy and unexpensive. Plus, with great humour in their signs. I definitely recomend it!

• 31st Mar 2014
  • Spain

Everything was good, with the exception that Tottenham is a sketchier area than I would have liked. Also, it's a very small hostel, so there isn't too much socializing going on at all.

Hi there! Sorry you feel that way bout the location. Because like you said, we are a smaller hostel that's why we try to hold weekly events like movie and poker nights! Hope to see you back!

Good position with the bus stop in front of the hostel, connected to the tube station. Quite well cleaned, nice people. Just few bathrooms for many people. Nice staying :)

Hello! Thanks for the positive review. Hope to have you back!

All in all I really liked this hostel. The staff was fantastic and I really liked that it was outside of Central London. The only downside to this hostel was: Only 3 showers/toilets for roughly 64 people when fully booked. Trying to get into the shower at a reasonable time was not possible. An unrealistic improvement would be to put a sink in every room.

Hi there, thanks for your review. Our hostel in actually quiet small with only a total of 34 beds when fully booked. We are trying to look into this. Hope you enjoyed your stay otherwise.

1 2 3 4 Next » last »