Bell & Hare Hostel Reviews

724-726 High Rd, Tottenham, London, England

Worst worn matrasses I've ever slept on. Only one night here and hopefully never again

Not as good as the Woodberry Hostel, which costs about the same and is also run by No.8 Hostel, but is just in a better position. Bell and Hare is a twenty minute walk from the Tottenhame Hale Underground station, OR about an hour by Bus from Kings Cross Station. The rooms are adequate, but like I said, it's exactly like the Woodberry Hostel on Seven Sisters and Woodberry just has a better kitchen, better location, and cozier pub.

Everything just fine

no tube to the hostel, you need to change to train to go there. Nice staff. Not too friendly atmosphere though, and many persons who stayed there long term because it is cheap. Some old mans there too.

good place to stay! bit far from the center but with the bus and tubes you can reach everywhere easily. tottaly recomended!

• 28th Feb 2015
  • Portugal

Pretty far from the heart of London, which made transportation hard but the bar downstairs was a great place to hang out.

• 27th Feb 2015

There were no outlets we could see in the room. My female friend witnessed a man strip nearly naked in the same room. There was no mirror in my room. The woman at the front desk seemed incompetent and kept thinking that our Irish pounds were euros. The bathroom floor was very gross on the second floor. I will NOT be coming back!!

• 27th Feb 2015

Staff great hostel clean.njoy ;)

Very pleasantly surprised. The cleanest hostel I've ever stayed at in London.

The staff were incredibly nice and easy going. The best place to be for a tottenham fan on match due to its close proximity to the stadium.

everything ok no problem

Not the nicest hostel that I've stayed at. There was only two outlets in the entire room for six people and they were inconveniently located. The bathroom shower had mold in the top and the lock was broken to the point the I actually got locked in the bathroom for a good minute because the lock was stuck.

Had specific cleaning times, which is great, but can improve. Value for what I paid was high. Seedy place. Quite a trip on the tube and bus and in a dark and murky location. Customer service was great.

The reception lady was exceptional. Stayed an hour later than after her shift finished to help me check in.

• 7th Feb 2015
  • Wales

All though all the people living there were amazing and the atmosphere was brilliant. It didn't really make up for the fact that the place was really dirty and I found mouse droppings under my bed. If they cleaned the whole place, fixed the shower and door that was broken, it would be an amazing place.

• 28th Jan 2015
  • Denmark

Definitely value for money. We stayed in a twin room, but didn't have any lockers in our room like other rooms have and there were no lockers in the reception either so we had to leave our valuables with the receptionist.

• 21st Jan 2015
  • Estonia

The air in the room (No6) was not fresh and the window could not be opened! The lights could not be completely turned off. Me and my girlfriend had to sleep with a faint green light. The one bed had a pillow completely useless (almost empty inside) and a blanket so light one would freeze if they slept with it. The other bed had a descent pillow-blanket set and we used those. To use wifi, you need to create account and login every time. I had constant security warnings from laptop and smartphone.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • Greece

Well lets see... Staff at check in was ok. You enter through a pub,but thats fine. London was seeing one of the coldest days. My room was the coldest room from those i have stayed.. No heater was on,despite the time of the night. The windows was typical wooden ones and the curtain could not warm in any way the room. I came in 20:30 and it was freezing cold in the room. How i was supposed to stay in a freezing room? Early check out is difficult.

Thanks for the lovely home.

Thanks for the lovely home.