BellaVista Hostel Beyoglu Reviews

Bülbül mahallesi, Turan caddesi, No:50, Beyoglu, Istanbul, Turkey

Nice vibe to this little hostel, and the staff are very cool. They treated me like an old friend and enjoyed talking and hanging out. They make delicious food too ;)

It was one of the best hostel i've ever stayed. If you are going to istanbul you should definitely stay there. Is really affordable and on the top floor there is a terrace to chill-out! The staff member are awesome, they really know how to make you feel home. I miss them all, i wish i could stay longer! I'm pretty sure we will see some time soon!!!!!! Big group hug! MARC!!!!

• 24th Sep 2014
  • Spain

Clean and comfortable hostel with superb rooftop terrace located five minutes walking from taksim square. It also operates a cafe in the building serving turkish food and beverages. Nice staff. I liked to relax in the common area/cafe part of the hostel. Set in a quiet neighbourhood with traditional turkish cafes, shops and local businesses.

Really impressed with BellaVista considering the price relative to some other hostels in Istanbul. It was super clean and new, staff were lovely, and a 2 minute walk to Taksim Square and istiklal street, the main shopping district and great food. Only downside is there isn't a kitchen you can use, however they do have a small cafe/restaurant business, and there are plenty of small supermarkets and fruit/veggie stores nearby. The atmosphere wasn't party or loud, just casual. I highly recommend!

It is very nice place, the staff was very kind. I had problems with my roommates but staff could handle with that problems very well. Next time I come back to Istanbul, I will stay there.

This is great place for Istanbul. Close to center but away from the noise. Airconditioned clean rooms with lockers. And an awesome rooftop that always has a nice group of people hanging out. Staff helped me find a hairdresser :)

This hostel is exactly what you pay for...The location is really nice, you can walk to all the important places. The staff is very cool and they are always helpful. Outside in the street looks not so nice but its safe enough. Beds are nice and the keep clean the rooms. The showers and really good conditions and the terrace is cool for spending there sometime with new friends. I would stay here again.

A very pleasant place just a short walk north of Taksim, has a rooftop terrace with wonderful view over Istanbul. The owner is a very friendly guy who is working for passion and helpful where ever he can.

Great staff, really friendly and helpful. Provided maps and well informed information about the whole city. Always happy to help. Good location. Nice, clean rooms. 10 bed dorm has no AC (all others do) and it quite crowded so can get very hot at night!

It was a good place to crash for a few days, mostly quiet nice food although if you want to be closer to touristy things go for somewhere in sultanahmet. Easy enough public transport to get there though. Directions to hostel are not the best, once you get to taksim square, walk to the west corner (towards a big glass building I think, walking past the metro sign so it's behind you) until you see the start of the boulevard in your left. Not so hard after that!!

The hostel is just a few minutes walk from Taksim square, which is quite convenient especially at night if you want to take a walk or go shopping , eat out... Confortable bunkbeds, A/C in the dormitories...friendly and helpful people in rececption, clean bathrooms...what else can you expect? very good place to stay.

It's a PARADISE on EARTH. Quality place and quality service @ a price that anybody can afford. From Taksim Square, ask any police officer where the Tarlabasi Blvd is. Take that road and in less than 3 mins on foot, u will reach Turan street on your right. Turan street is right after Cartoon Bldg. Go straight & BellaVista is about 200 meters away. The staff are super polite and accommodating. It is by far the cleanest hostel where I've stayed in Istanbul. Excellent place to stay! "Two-Thumbs-Up!"

The bathrooms are nice and modern. No AC in the rooms just the lobby!! In the heat it's horrible. The check in time,2, is a strict 2pm. So don't get their early. It's in a poor side of town so I didn't walk past 11, even with others. As a female, I think there is better options.

• 11th Aug 2014

Nice place. Really clean too even. Only a few minor problems like no elevator and no tap beer.

It is very close to Taksim sqare, but the adress is difficult to find. Also, we had another incovenient, because I booked the whole 3 beds dorm and they placed us in a 4 beds dorm with another guest. Only after complaining they changed us to another room.

• 26th Jul 2014

Hey, we found a bracelet on the floor just after you left. It was thin, grey one with evil eye figure. We kept it for a while to found the owner. When we read your comment, we realized that it is yours. I wish you wrote us before and verify your bracelet is here not stolen. We are very sorry if you felt unsafe in the area but here is 100% safe. We already had more than thousand of guests and neither we nor our guests had any trouble. again sorry about room situation too.

We can't speak highly enough of the atmosphere and staff at Bella Vista. We became really good friends with both Memo and Yusuf, sharing a love of music (thanks for the epic jam times!). Thanks for everything guys, our experience in Istanbul wouldn't have been the same without you! (Just a quick note about the good instead of excellent for the cleanliness and facilities aspects - we put only good because the shower on our level kept blocking up, but apart from that, everything else was great!)

Easy to get to from the airport. Nice friendly staff. Good comfy beds. A lot of street noise at night so location wasn't the best. It's at taksim which is a cool place and about an hours walk to the blue mosque and other tourist spots. I like to walk so that was cool or you can take the metro really cheap. There were just no fun guests when I was staying so that wasn't the hostels fault but still made my time there less enjoyable

Really nice, environment is perfect for enjoying a break after walking around the city. Owners are kind, talkative and always ready to help. The disadvantage, there is no lift.

• 11th Jul 2014
  • Spain

We got to the hostel early in the morning and were welcomed by Yunus and a slice of cake =) The staff and the atmosphere were just as cool as I expected, and even more !! I definitely recommend BellaVista, a place with its own atmosphere, a place where other residents become 1 on the terrace, share stories, and may end pulling off a party!! Yunus, Sanem, Zeylep, Caesar, you guys are awesome... and El Memo sabeeeeeee!!!

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Mexico

Were so pleased to come across this friendly hostel in the bustling city of Istanbul! Staff were so helpful and location was great, right near Taksim square and easy to get to other touristy things (blue mosque etc). GREAT to have a roof terrace too, very peaceful. Met some great people here- Thanks guys!