Bellavista Hostel Reviews

Dardignac 0184 - Providencia, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

my private room was well heated and very comfortable staff very friendly and helpful the only problem was WIFI did not work for my computer but I did use their computers for internet location is close to many great restaurants and a short pleasant walk to the city centre

I really liked this hostel, all the people that work there are very nice, and I loved Frida, the cat! Haha The location is very good, in the barrio Bella Vista, near from many bars and restaurants, and also from metro station Baquedano. I´m sure I would come back!

• 25th Aug 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights in august which is the winter season in Santiago. It is unbelievable that there is no heating in the rooms and nothing except a gas heater in the common areas as.I was literally freezing all the time. I had to sleep with my jacket and with my head covered with a bandanna to keep my ears warm. The staff was very helpful but given the low quality of the physical conditions, it did not really improve my experience. 18 bucks for a freezing cold dorm was way too much!

I was forced to pay in usd with my international credit card. But I am overcharged when I use it abroad. The hostel did not give me the option to pay in cash.

Dear guest, We would like to make clear that we always prefer cash payments over credit card payments and do not and cannot force a method of payment on anybody. Perhaps there was some kind of misunderstanding. I'm guessing the front desk staff was out of change and suggested you pay with credit card for that reason. We apologize if you felt this was forced upon you and will look into the matter. Thanks for your feedback.

Great location, safe, clean. Good reception staff- bearded guy helped call a taxi after I missed my airport transfer.

Felt very welcome by the staff there from the moment of check in. The room and other facilities like the bathrooms and kitchen were kept very clean at all times. The location in bellavista was superb.

Only plus is location. Not worth the money you pay.

For my first time in a hostel it was nothing I expected but everything I loved. Thanks so much!

• 10th Jul 2014

Hostel is a decent trek into the city. Not all staff speak English. Kitchen facilities are great!

Melissa was excellent, she spoke perfect English and was able to help us out and give us good advice. Bellavista is the location you want to stay at.

• 2nd Jun 2014

Very dirty room, the bed looked like it had not been changed. Room was slightly cold and it was only May. Very loud guests until 5am, blessed jet lag! Location was the best thing of this hostel.

The Hostel was ok, but not the best. The staff was not really helpful and the dorms weren't good. Really cold and dark. The common rooms are really nice and colourful and they have two kitchens. Buth the best was definitiv the area around- Bellavista. Really nice. Good Bars and Restaurants.

Great location, friendly staff.

Nice place, good location for food, nightlife and is near the end point of the walking tour!

Comfortable beds, chilled atmosphere, great location, friendly staff. Average wifi and thin walls but got decent sleep here. Have a chef who makes amazing sushi most days which is a really quirky idea and it's cheap.

Nice hostel in a fantastic area of Santiago. Bella vista is perfect for restaurants and you will be surrounded by so many. Rooms are nice and the amenities are of good quality. Overall good value for money. We had a private double which backed onto a street near a restaurant - the room was extremely loud every night so if you need to get some good shut eye be sure to check which room you are in.

Fine hostel, but there are better in the area.

Should be a good area - close to the nightlife. But it just meant a lot of noise, particularly car alarms going off all night. Just got really annoying.

Staff very helpfu, specially the fashin girl with glasses. She is so helpful and kind. Very good location, close to bars and restaurant, metro and easy to get any part of the city. Comfortable bed and good lockers.

Smoking location and great staff. I little quiet during my stay but the other affiliated hostel La Tienda* can take care of that if thats what your after