Bellavista Hostel Reviews

Dardignac 0184 - Providencia, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

Big hostel. Dirty showers, no atmosphere to speak of, great location

Staff are amazing, so helpful, lovely breakfast, lovely cosy place! I definetely recommend it!

The late-night front desk guy barely acknowledged us, threw us keys & didn't show us around. The front desk guy in the morning barely spoke spanish and was not helpful. We were woken up throughout the night many times by other guests talking because the walls were so thin. Nasty, lumpy pillows. The fruit at breakfast was ROTTING. The toilet on our floor wasn't flushing, so I reached in the tank and fixed it myself. Overall, gross, not clean at all, not worth the money.

I'm not trying to be a hater but I can't believe the good reviews. Nice breakfast and staff but I've stayed at ALOT of hostels and this is overpriced and dumpy! Wide beds are nice and good overall location for Santiago. However the rooms have one plug for many beds. Also I booked a place nearby for $13 US and it's a super modern and nice hostel. So I have to say I regret staying here due to the quality of room and price.

Fantastic location and friendly staff.

Great hostel for cheap price. There was a problem with my shared room so the staff offered me a private one for the same price. There is a big bathroom near the kitchen area that is better then the small one, specially for girls. The staff was really nice and have helped me with every tips for subways, money exchange and tours. I just missed wather without gas to buy in the hostel, and one day we had no wifi, but it was solved later. Great experience in general!

• 14th Jan 2015

Great location in Bella Vista if you like nightlife and restaurants. Short walk to nearest subway station. Be breakfast was very basic. I stayed in a private room. It was simple but clean. I would consider staying there again .

Everything was great, except Breakfast which was just Ok

It has been over a month now since my stay at Bellavista Hostel and I still remember my trip with a smile. The location is as good as it gets one block from all the cafes of the Bellavista district. The best part of my trip was how well the staff took care of me. I had only planned a few days but ended up staying almost two weeks. Especially Sergei, he was so friendly, always chatting with me, and he even invited me to show me some restaurants and bars after his shift. I am so thankful!

• 25th Dec 2014

The place is nice, and the location is the best you can think of

Only a place to sleep

My first time in a hostel aged 62. Basic but everything i needed. Staff very helpful. James

• 17th Dec 2014

I recommend this hostel because of its location is great and super safe ... Santiago is amazing

This was kind of just a basic hostel, a place to sleep. I don't think I even saw any of the other hostellers while I was there. The staff was very nice and helpful, though. And it's close to a bunch of cute restaurants that seem safe to stroll around at night, so that was a plus. The breakfast was also very good. I'd say it's a good place to stay, just as long as you're not expecting to meet other hostellers or have that kind of hostelling experience.

This hostel is a little dream space, with a beautiful rooftop deck, pool table, and comfy beds. It makes you hardly want to leave because it is such an easygoing, comfortable place. But then you step out the doors and there is excitement everywhere. Lots of night life, cheep beer, and good restaurants. I don't think I could have chosen a better hostel for my first time in Santiago.

• 16th Dec 2014

I've been here before, twice, and I'll stay here again if I ever come to Santiago again. Nice place, great localization, honest price. They've made some changes in coffee break since my last visit and I really enjoyed it.

Was the first time I use your service reserving this hostel and I realy regreated. I call this hostal from Amsterdam two times to be sure they can collect me from the airport at two oc lock in the airport after almost 20 hours fly nobody was there waiting for me I had to wait for one hour and take a taxi who cost me a lot I arrive to the hostal no room available I had to wait from 3 am to almost 10 am to have a room ,the breakfast very poor ,music and noisy all the time dirty toilets and rooms

• 22nd Nov 2014

Everything was fine with your reservation and airport pickup. Only problem is you arrived a day earlier. If you are arriving at 3 am on a saturday you must must book the night of friday to find a room waiting for you. If you booked saturday night you cannot check-in at 3 am. Unfortunately we were booked solid when you unexpectedly arrived and we did everything possible to accomodate you as soon as possible and explain the problem to you but you never seemed to get it.

It´s a great hostel, I spend a week there and I had no trouble at all. The staff is great, all the guys and girls working there are very friendly and, as they are travelers as well, they speak english, spanish, russian and german so you can communicate very easily. I really enjoy the breakfast, the guests company, it have a fantastic terrace where you can drink with your friends and make barbecue, the bathrooms was always clean, and it´s located in a full of bars and restaurants neighbourhood.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Argentina

The hostel is in an excellent location, in the middle of Bella Vista, a very lively neighborhood with lots of bars and restaurants around. The staff is very friendly and helpful. When my wallet was stolen, Melissa, the manager was very professional and more than generous, she helped with everything she could. She even offered for me to stay for free until my new cards arrive, which i really appreciated. Sergej, a receptionist, went to the police with me to help as well. I had a great time!

• 7th Nov 2014

I love Bella Vista hostel and Bella Vista as a whole. Close to so many bars and restaurants and sights. Staff are so friendly, which I found staying here in 2009. Never up early enough for the breakfasts so cannot comment but all other facilities seem fine. Better than other hostel s.in the area with comfortable bedd