Bellavista Hostel Reviews

Dardignac 0184 - Providencia, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

One of the best hostels we´ve stayed at in South America. Great atmoshpere, location, facilities and very helpful/friendy staff. We had issues getting somthing posted from Australia and Javier went out of his way to help us. Highly recommend!!

very nice, colourful and welcoming atmosphere, nice roofgarden, very friendly and helpful staff the only disadvantage: I slept in a room without a window. Next time I will ask for another one. Will be back end of the year:)

• 30th Mar 2015

Nice chilled hostel, big and extremely clean, clean big kitchen and bathrooms. In the best neighbourhood for eating and nightlife. Great staff - Shea and Pablo are especially quirky, but everyone at reception i met over several weeks were helpful and cautious with front door security. Pame and Alicia are the sweetest too, something that really must be acknowledged.

The staff were awesome, the room was huge and clean. Delicious breakfast and 2 cute kitties. When I'm back in Santiago I'll be staying there again.

• 8th Mar 2015

It's a refurbished old house. Lots of hostels are but this one isn't that refurbished... Stayed there for one night and would stay there again to crash but not to meet other people. Staff were helpful though!

Nice place. Good open areas. Leo is a champ. venue could be more social

Big hostel. Dirty showers, no atmosphere to speak of, great location

Staff are amazing, so helpful, lovely breakfast, lovely cosy place! I definetely recommend it!

The late-night front desk guy barely acknowledged us, threw us keys & didn't show us around. The front desk guy in the morning barely spoke spanish and was not helpful. We were woken up throughout the night many times by other guests talking because the walls were so thin. Nasty, lumpy pillows. The fruit at breakfast was ROTTING. The toilet on our floor wasn't flushing, so I reached in the tank and fixed it myself. Overall, gross, not clean at all, not worth the money.

I'm not trying to be a hater but I can't believe the good reviews. Nice breakfast and staff but I've stayed at ALOT of hostels and this is overpriced and dumpy! Wide beds are nice and good overall location for Santiago. However the rooms have one plug for many beds. Also I booked a place nearby for $13 US and it's a super modern and nice hostel. So I have to say I regret staying here due to the quality of room and price.

Fantastic location and friendly staff.

Great hostel for cheap price. There was a problem with my shared room so the staff offered me a private one for the same price. There is a big bathroom near the kitchen area that is better then the small one, specially for girls. The staff was really nice and have helped me with every tips for subways, money exchange and tours. I just missed wather without gas to buy in the hostel, and one day we had no wifi, but it was solved later. Great experience in general!

• 14th Jan 2015

Great location in Bella Vista if you like nightlife and restaurants. Short walk to nearest subway station. Be breakfast was very basic. I stayed in a private room. It was simple but clean. I would consider staying there again .

Everything was great, except Breakfast which was just Ok

It has been over a month now since my stay at Bellavista Hostel and I still remember my trip with a smile. The location is as good as it gets one block from all the cafes of the Bellavista district. The best part of my trip was how well the staff took care of me. I had only planned a few days but ended up staying almost two weeks. Especially Sergei, he was so friendly, always chatting with me, and he even invited me to show me some restaurants and bars after his shift. I am so thankful!

The place is nice, and the location is the best you can think of

Only a place to sleep

My first time in a hostel aged 62. Basic but everything i needed. Staff very helpful. James

• 17th Dec 2014

I recommend this hostel because of its location is great and super safe ... Santiago is amazing

This was kind of just a basic hostel, a place to sleep. I don't think I even saw any of the other hostellers while I was there. The staff was very nice and helpful, though. And it's close to a bunch of cute restaurants that seem safe to stroll around at night, so that was a plus. The breakfast was also very good. I'd say it's a good place to stay, just as long as you're not expecting to meet other hostellers or have that kind of hostelling experience.