Bellavista Hostel Reviews

Dardignac 0184 - Providencia, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

Stayed there twice now. Showers were always hot, dorms have a metal locker next to your bed so great for medium size backpacks (bring your own padlock, but you can either rent/buy one there or buy one on the brigdeober the river at plaza Italia for like $3). Beds were nice and place has daily housekeeping unlike others that clean bathrooms once a week.

• 15th May 2015

Pretty cool staff in a well decorated hostel. The localization is great since it's right in the middle of bellavista. The bedroom was not so good with poor ilumitation and a door so thin and old it was almost falling apart. Despite of the problems it is still a good hostel if you dont wanna spend too much.

• 9th May 2015

Great location and really friendly and helpful staff.

Very comfy beds. Awesome rooftop terrace. Clean bathrooms. Perfect location.

Great location in the Bellavista district. Easy to get to the metro if you need which is where all the good bars and restaurants are located. Good wifi, pool table etc it was bit quiet when we went but that could just had been when we travelled.

One of the best hostels I've stayed in. Fantastic location in the middle of Barrio Bellavista, very friendly and attentive staff, clean, inexpensive even for private rooms, fantastic amenities (large outdoor plaza and game room with large flatscreen TV, pool table, foosball, etc). Only issue is that they don't have central heating (which is often the case in Chile) so it might be a bit cold here during the Austral winter. They'll give you plenty of blankets to curl up in though.

One of the best hostels we´ve stayed at in South America. Great atmoshpere, location, facilities and very helpful/friendy staff. We had issues getting somthing posted from Australia and Javier went out of his way to help us. Highly recommend!!

very nice, colourful and welcoming atmosphere, nice roofgarden, very friendly and helpful staff the only disadvantage: I slept in a room without a window. Next time I will ask for another one. Will be back end of the year:)

• 30th Mar 2015

Nice hostel, staff friendly and in a great area. Big clean room with big lockers. Breakfast was good. We would stay here again.

Nice chilled hostel, big and extremely clean, clean big kitchen and bathrooms. In the best neighbourhood for eating and nightlife. Great staff - Shea and Pablo are especially quirky, but everyone at reception i met over several weeks were helpful and cautious with front door security. Pame and Alicia are the sweetest too, something that really must be acknowledged.

Very good hostel. Friendly staff. Super accommodating. Great location. Like its sister hostel down the road (La Chimba) this place is awesome. Really helpful, down to earth staff. Thanks!!!! Definitely recommend.

The staff were awesome, the room was huge and clean. Delicious breakfast and 2 cute kitties. When I'm back in Santiago I'll be staying there again.

• 8th Mar 2015

It's a refurbished old house. Lots of hostels are but this one isn't that refurbished... Stayed there for one night and would stay there again to crash but not to meet other people. Staff were helpful though!

Nice place. Good open areas. Leo is a champ. venue could be more social

Big hostel. Dirty showers, no atmosphere to speak of, great location

A bit pricey, but great location. Pretty large property buy the onsite laundry and kitchen are nice. Can be a bit loud, and the staff wasn't the friendliest. We stayed twice though, for the location and comfy, spacious room.

Staff are amazing, so helpful, lovely breakfast, lovely cosy place! I definetely recommend it!

The late-night front desk guy barely acknowledged us, threw us keys & didn't show us around. The front desk guy in the morning barely spoke spanish and was not helpful. We were woken up throughout the night many times by other guests talking because the walls were so thin. Nasty, lumpy pillows. The fruit at breakfast was ROTTING. The toilet on our floor wasn't flushing, so I reached in the tank and fixed it myself. Overall, gross, not clean at all, not worth the money.

I'm not trying to be a hater but I can't believe the good reviews. Nice breakfast and staff but I've stayed at ALOT of hostels and this is overpriced and dumpy! Wide beds are nice and good overall location for Santiago. However the rooms have one plug for many beds. Also I booked a place nearby for $13 US and it's a super modern and nice hostel. So I have to say I regret staying here due to the quality of room and price.

Fantastic location and friendly staff.