Bellavista Hostel Reviews

Dardignac 0184 - Providencia, Barrio Bellavista, Santiago, Chile

This hostel is a little dream space, with a beautiful rooftop deck, pool table, and comfy beds. It makes you hardly want to leave because it is such an easygoing, comfortable place. But then you step out the doors and there is excitement everywhere. Lots of night life, cheep beer, and good restaurants. I don't think I could have chosen a better hostel for my first time in Santiago.

• 16th Dec 2014

I've been here before, twice, and I'll stay here again if I ever come to Santiago again. Nice place, great localization, honest price. They've made some changes in coffee break since my last visit and I really enjoyed it.

Was the first time I use your service reserving this hostel and I realy regreated. I call this hostal from Amsterdam two times to be sure they can collect me from the airport at two oc lock in the airport after almost 20 hours fly nobody was there waiting for me I had to wait for one hour and take a taxi who cost me a lot I arrive to the hostal no room available I had to wait from 3 am to almost 10 am to have a room ,the breakfast very poor ,music and noisy all the time dirty toilets and rooms

• 22nd Nov 2014

Everything was fine with your reservation and airport pickup. Only problem is you arrived a day earlier. If you are arriving at 3 am on a saturday you must must book the night of friday to find a room waiting for you. If you booked saturday night you cannot check-in at 3 am. Unfortunately we were booked solid when you unexpectedly arrived and we did everything possible to accomodate you as soon as possible and explain the problem to you but you never seemed to get it.

It´s a great hostel, I spend a week there and I had no trouble at all. The staff is great, all the guys and girls working there are very friendly and, as they are travelers as well, they speak english, spanish, russian and german so you can communicate very easily. I really enjoy the breakfast, the guests company, it have a fantastic terrace where you can drink with your friends and make barbecue, the bathrooms was always clean, and it´s located in a full of bars and restaurants neighbourhood.

• 10th Nov 2014
  • Argentina

The hostel is in an excellent location, in the middle of Bella Vista, a very lively neighborhood with lots of bars and restaurants around. The staff is very friendly and helpful. When my wallet was stolen, Melissa, the manager was very professional and more than generous, she helped with everything she could. She even offered for me to stay for free until my new cards arrive, which i really appreciated. Sergej, a receptionist, went to the police with me to help as well. I had a great time!

• 7th Nov 2014

I love Bella Vista hostel and Bella Vista as a whole. Close to so many bars and restaurants and sights. Staff are so friendly, which I found staying here in 2009. Never up early enough for the breakfasts so cannot comment but all other facilities seem fine. Better than other hostel s.in the area with comfortable bedd

This is easily the friendliest hostel I've stayed at! I had a spree of bad luck happen to me and all of my important belongings were stolen - passport, money, cards- and the staff at this hostel were incredibly helpful and beyond generous, I can't thank them enough. Aside from their hospitality, the hostel is in a great location and attracts a fun bunch of travelers. Will definitely be returning when in Santiago!

• 28th Oct 2014

Great hostel, just can highly recommend it! We had two stays there during our time in Chile and a third one will follow before we leave.

Great location and the hostel has a nice friendly vibe, hot water and the staff were really friendly! The ranch slider in our room didn't lock properly and it was really noisy at night. Nice sunny deck.

Great hostel. Some of the staff are a bit moody and they got a bit annoyed when I didn't have the right money. Showers were rubbish but the quality of the single room was outstanding. Breakfast pretty good too.

The private room, free breakfast and location were outstanding. I was disappointed by the internet connection and the cold shower, though. Overall it was a good place to stay and I would stay there again if I wanted to be based in Bellavista.

Great location, really good internal heating for the cold nights! Shower was not the warmest though

Can't complain - not the cheapest but pretty good.

The hostel is in a great location for going out. The rooftop deck and game room were both awesome and the hostel is very clean and secure. We stayed in a private room which was in a different house a few doors down and it was weird and felt totally un-hostel like. It was nice and quiet but there was no information there, no chill out space, no kitchen. Everything was in the main house which is fine but we weren't told anything about the main house. All in all, okay, not the best we've stayed in.

my private room was well heated and very comfortable staff very friendly and helpful the only problem was WIFI did not work for my computer but I did use their computers for internet location is close to many great restaurants and a short pleasant walk to the city centre

Private room was pretty ok, the dorm was dark und sticky. Sometimes breakfast was great; sometimes really bad and kitchen quite dirty...but probabaly dued to other visitors...some staff persons quite nice, others quite unfriendly....

• 5th Sep 2014

I really liked this hostel, all the people that work there are very nice, and I loved Frida, the cat! Haha The location is very good, in the barrio Bella Vista, near from many bars and restaurants, and also from metro station Baquedano. I´m sure I would come back!

• 25th Aug 2014

I stayed there for 3 nights in august which is the winter season in Santiago. It is unbelievable that there is no heating in the rooms and nothing except a gas heater in the common areas as.I was literally freezing all the time. I had to sleep with my jacket and with my head covered with a bandanna to keep my ears warm. The staff was very helpful but given the low quality of the physical conditions, it did not really improve my experience. 18 bucks for a freezing cold dorm was way too much!

I was forced to pay in usd with my international credit card. But I am overcharged when I use it abroad. The hostel did not give me the option to pay in cash.

Dear guest, We would like to make clear that we always prefer cash payments over credit card payments and do not and cannot force a method of payment on anybody. Perhaps there was some kind of misunderstanding. I'm guessing the front desk staff was out of change and suggested you pay with credit card for that reason. We apologize if you felt this was forced upon you and will look into the matter. Thanks for your feedback.

Great location, safe, clean. Good reception staff- bearded guy helped call a taxi after I missed my airport transfer.