Belman Hostel Reviews

Sankt Goransgatan 151, Stockholm, Sweden

Terrible toilets (only two for the whole hostel) smells like puke (someone was throwing up, probably drunk dudes I saw), terrible showers (you need to click button for the water every 10seconds) with automatic light (you might stay in a dark if you don't get out from the shower cabin and make moves every few minutes, which is impossible to do naked) smelly coridore (stink of the dirty feet everywhere). Doesn't worth 250 Swedish kronor/night + 30 sek sheets that I paid for 6 bed female room.

• 4th Dec 2015
  • Russia

All that it s about the 30 sek she payed for the sheets

The rooms are not locked

Excellent really - 4 minutes from Central Stockholm on the underground, less noise than bigger hostels, comfortable beds, warm.

Very amenable, easy location very near transport and the city.

Not the greatest location. Kitchen and common room was not very clean, actually quite disgusting. No keys to lock your hostel room so it's always unlocked. Alcohol is not allowed on the premises. The manager was not the nicest person. I cooked dinner for two of my friends that were passing through Stockholm. He almost didn't let in my guests so we could sit down and have dinner in the common room. avoid this hostel

• 7th Oct 2015

Brutal Hostel! No real security. Location along way from City Center, not close to anything. Staff, 1 guy and often not around. Atmosphere, most people seemed the same way, not real happy. No facilities to speak of. 4th Hostel I've stayed in. Hope it's the worst.

a solid B+

A lovly frendly environment

• 10th Sep 2015
  • New Zealand

It is some 6 kilometres from the Stockholm Central Station and we had a lot of trouble reaching the place at night. When we reached the place at 10 the owner was already gone and there was no one at the reception. Anyways we got to know our room number after searching the reception desk. When we called up the owner asking for bedsheets he promptly came by and gave us the bedsheets. Then he asked for 180 or so Swedish kronors for them !

Yes it was a pleasant stay, I have been here before and it was fine. I had a very comfortable couple of nights! The bedding was really clean and warm, there's a large dining room, computers and a variety of rooms. No creaking metal beds :-) It's close to the transport, and city centre too.

No labeling policy for food so everyone just cramps their stuff into the fridge and eventually leaves it there. 4 bathrooms and 4 showers for 50+ (?) people? - Doesn't work. During my seconds night, before I went to sleep, a girl decided that it was a good idea to put on (heavy) perfume in our small bedroom without windows, at 2 a.m .a guy woke me up by shining a light in my face, turned out they had booked 7 people for 6 beds, so one of us had to move in the middle of the night.

• 27th Aug 2015

There are only 3 toilets for all to use. It is insufficient. It is too far from the city centre also. 50Minutes walking to Oldtown. In the website stated 20Minutes is wrong info. In the city there is a lot more hostel with same price.

Belman is a nice hostel with very friendly staff located next to a metro station. I stayed for nearly 3 weeks and I can warmly recommend this place. I felt safe as I brought my notebook with me which can be stored in a locker. The only negative point is that there are no windows in the common room. Even though it's good value for the money you pay. It's a quiet hostel as there's no party which is no problem because of the amazing night life Stockholm offers.

There are apparently only two toilets for all the visitors, moreover these are the only places where you could brush your teeth as well. They were stinky and dirty- we felt uncomfortable.

• 24th Aug 2015

The stuff could be mor welcoming. The kitchen could be cleaned more frequently and ordered in a better way.

Great location next to train station. Close to a beautiful harbour - good for long evening strolls (to watch the late sunset). Close to city bike hire place. Kitchen is practical. Rooms are clean.

This place could be good, but instead ends up having a sad atmosphere to it. It’s really dark (in a basement) with not that many lights, none of the rooms are locked/have keys, there’s a no-alcohol policy, and the showers were partially broken, and the working ones were the type where you push a button and then you get water for 2 seconds. Also there is no labeling policy on the 3 fridges so there’s a ton of old smelly food inside. Again, it has potential but falls short in many ways.

It's not a great place to stay, but considering the prices of accomodation of Stockholm, it's value for money. So if you're travelling on budget and plan to be outside most of the time, it is a place to stay. Pros: beds are comfortable, kitchen is well-equipped, location is convenient. Cons: there are no padlocks provided. I was willing to pay for one but there was no option! Wifi is unstable. There are not enough toilets for so many people. You have to pay for the linen, but you get no towel.

This hostel needs some improvements. You get what you pay for. I think it gets enough one-time stays to keep itself in business. On the good side Stockholm's metro is amazing and you will have no problem going back and forward from South Side. Also there are two parks not so far away. Security is super iffy, just codes on the doors and room doors, not so hard to figure them out. There is "a very strict no alcohol policy", so much for a fun killer.

This is the Ryan Air of hostels - you get what you pay for, even if compared to other countries, this is a very expensive hostel.

• 13th Aug 2015