Belmont Gardens Reviews

407 Bury New Road, Higher Broughton, Manchester, England

This is not a hostel! The beds are old and dirty and you feel like you are staying in a half way house. I definitely didn't get my moneys worth staying at this place.

Large room and clean throughout. It's is a bus ride out of the city and not ideal for travellers however if you have a car like we did it is perfect budget option.

I've made a reservation several months in advance, but a week before the actual stay I've received a weird looking email that was supposed to be a cancellation. A phone call made clear that they canceled my stay for real. Staff arranged a stay at another guest house, which I in the end declined for personal reasons.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS HOSTEL! it is the worst place I have ever stayed. When we arrived there was a big party going on which did not end until 4am - and the manager did not do anything about it until I said I would call the police. It is not clean, very far from city center and overall just not worth it. We did not feel safe at all and it was just not worth it. Stay away from this hostel please - even for its low price it is not worth it.

It was hard to find where the actual entrance to the hostel. The whole building looked like it was deserted and for sale. Even though the staff was new to the usual procedure it when pretty smooth from there on. The house is big and old with a living room and kitchen facilities. Rooms are big and the rooms we got had 3 beds in each. Location was a little far from Manchester if you are walking but busses run directly to the city. Taxis where about £5-8 to Manchester. Busses £3 pr person.

Fantastic room and facilities, and for a great price. Very friendly staff and welcoming atmosphere.

• 13th Apr 2013
  • Wales

I would highly recommend this hostel. It was excellent value for money, the staff went out of their way to assist and the use of facilities cheapened our holiday.