Belsize House Reviews

40 Belsize Park Gardens, London, England

We booked a room with 4 beds but once we arrived, they told us that we will be in 4 different rooms and that we had to share it with another unkown person. Besides, one of us got a room in the basement with no windows !! However, the hostel give free breakfast and dinner (simple but good) and the location is convenient (close to the tube and next to a night bus station).

• 21st Mar 2014
  • Belgium
  • All Male Group, 25-30

very nice hostel loved my stay thank you!!!

• 9th Mar 2014
  • Argentina

Belsize House is a great hostel but I think it was a little too marked by Spanish maybe French people? Anyway, they were large groups who spoke a common language which made it hard to interfere. I am glad I had friends outside the house to meet up with.. Nice people though!

Quiet and nice neighbourhood, very accessible. The rooms are really noisy with these flimsy walls. If you do not have too high expectations, it is a good and safe hostel. The last night I stayed, the showers were too dirty..

• 31st Jan 2014

The staff were friendly and helpful. The double room we stayed in was clean, as was the bathroom. The beds weren't the best I've ever slept on but overall this hostel was a great place to spend a night in London. I would definitely stay there again.

• 31st Dec 2013

There should be a girl maving love with her man in our room at that night!!! I was really disturbed.

The area is a preppy one but you feel safer in the street than in the house itself. This is NOT A TRUE HOSTEL. It is more a shelter for (mostly) spanish and italian workers in London. Do not expect to get anything similar to a hostel atmosphere here. You will rather feel insecure bumping into tough guys in the aisle. You cant really enjoy London since you'd share a room with grumpy people that get angry if you shower after 22h cause they wake up early

They definitely have to improve the cleanliness, especially in the bathrooms! Also, many of the door locks didn't work quite well, which seriously affected the security. According to info online the reception should be opened 24-hour, but at the night I arrived it was closed and I had to find a way to phone them and ask them to open the door. With 2 meals a day included at such a price, this place is really a bargain though.

• 27th Dec 2013
  • Hong Kong

nice room, nice house, food was simple but good, all clean and nice cleaning staff (actually nice staff in general). i've got a good deal so for me it was totally forthit! some things to note for other travelers: not much stuff for cooking your own meals; noisy livingroom from early morning to around midnight (good for socialising, though); no lockers (can use the reception, though)