Belsize House Reviews

40 Belsize Park Gardens, London, England

that was alright....

Good hostel and very decent price, really nice, quiet area of London but close to Camden. The rooms are basic but very clean. Would stay here again

• 11th Aug 2014

They Hostel is pretty good, i booked a 5 bed room for me and my friend and they gave us a 2 bed room so that was great, the breakfast is good. The bad point is that i saw some dust on the floor , but just that. The hostel is fair for what you pay.

• 8th Aug 2014

You have what you pay for: the hostel is quite cheap but a bit far from the centre. Nothing is planned for security of your stuff (lockers), shower cabins are very small. A nice place to sleep for a convenient price however.

Everything was fantastic :), perfect place, nice staff

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Spain

Very nice location and very well-connected to the city centre. The building is a bit old but clean enough. I stayed for a couple of nights by myself in a 5-bed female dorm and really enjoyed it. There are no bunk beds but single beds, and each one has its own bedside table and wardrobe, both equipped with large drawers to store your things - I didn't expect to have so much room! Very good place for long-term stays, I guess.

• 27th Jun 2014

Good location in pleasant area near Belsize Park

We were for some reason bumped up from two beds in a 5-bed dorm to a double room with a toilet just around the corner. Just lucky I guess, but it was perfect for us. Everything was very clean, the staff and other guests were super friendly, showers were small but clean, and there was good pressure in them. Continental breakfast was included, and was totally okay with a few different options. For the price we paid we definitely got our money's worth and had a lovely stay!

Is not far from the center, but you have to take the subway or 40 min walking. The breakfast is poor and had a moldy bread. We eat there only the first day, then we decided to have a breakfast out. We had a bad situation there. At the check-in we had only euro, because we hadn't changed our money, so we said to the guy in the reception that we will pay later and he said "ok". The incovenient was that another day he sent the security to our bedroom at 9 am to charge us!

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Firstly, the main people that are staying there are there long term. The walls had mould and parts of the walls were rotten. The toilets didn't flush, and they were leaking. The whole place was very unclean. Awful. I had booked 7 nights but only stayed for 2, that's how bad it bad.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The shower is annoying have to keep pressing it to keep on The reception staff are lovely can't help you enough

If you want to feel at home - this is the place for you :) Тhere is everything you need and besides all this - the food is delicious! I enjoyed my stay there

The staff here was very kind and even gave me a single room when I had paid for a dorm. (I think it was just a weird booking thing, I didn't ask for the change.) The room came with two meals a day. The food wasn't the best but it was definitely decent. Best of all it had a great location. I was able to walk downtown. My room was simple, but it was secure and had a clean bed, which is all I really need. I'd stay here again.

It is simply the best hostel I've stayed in London. Feels very secure, great atmosphere, spacious and very clean. Has a good vibe of travel and adventure as well. Staff is nice acts professional. Best stay in London yet.

The other residents are generally longer term than backpackers, so its not a party hostel, but they were still very friendly. The rooms were much better than standard dorms, more spacious with proper wardrobes to put your stuff. It was great value to include 2 meals in with the price. The food is basic, but still good enough. I would recommend belsize house for working people who want a safe, clean place to stay on a budget.

This isn't really a hostel. I can't explain it, it has a very odd atmosphere. The rooms and bathrooms looked very old and they have that "old place" smell going on. There were very few travelers around, most of the people here looked like they lived here for a long time. Not the ideal place to meet people. But the staffs are friendly and it's probably the best bargain in London, considering that TWO meals are included.

This hostel is the best bargain in London.Its in a very good,quiet residential area and you will have a good night rest.Have been there before and now its much better,and whatever the management is doing,they are doing it right.The staff are very friendly and are always willing to help.You will not be disappointed

Staff speaks better Spanish than English, so sometimes the communication was difficult, but they were lovely and tried to understand. The breakfast is very basic, but it's totally ok for the prize, we have not tried dinner, because we did not want to go back at that time. The area, Belsize gardens is absolutely beautiful with typical London houses. for 12£ absolutely worth it, just don't expect too much!

There were no lockers in the room, but the hostel was clean and in a quiet location.

Staff were great, location was good as just a short stroll from tube, nice area. Highly recommend as it's a great price for London accommodation.