Belsize House Reviews

40 Belsize Park Gardens, London, England

Good hostel.

• 7th Sep 2014
  • South Korea

The place were so nice, but neighbors make a lot of noise at night... Toilet and Shower was terrible, bad smell, small and so dirty.

Good hostel, rooms with lots of room in it (to be a hostel), but quite uncomfortable showers and no fridges at all to keep something in the fridge. You cannot cook for yourself, you have to cook what you're given. But I would go back there, it's a good hostel.

• 24th Aug 2014

Hard to ask questions cuz' the staff poor english. And cheap breakfast. Oterwise ok.

The manager, Renato, and all members of the staff are very kind and helpful. I only took breakfast here, and the food was nice and in unlimited quantity. I was in a three bed room (not a crowdy dormitoray!) with two friendly spanish guys. Besides, it's only a few minutes from tube station and bus stops.

• 20th Aug 2014

以倫敦來說 是不可多得的好店

Big room, lots of space, wardrobes, definite value for money. The neighbourhood is stunning, super close to belsize station. I'd stay here again in a heart beat.

We arrived to find out we were in different rooms! Building needs tlc

• 15th Aug 2014

that was alright....

Good hostel and very decent price, really nice, quiet area of London but close to Camden. The rooms are basic but very clean. Would stay here again

• 11th Aug 2014

They Hostel is pretty good, i booked a 5 bed room for me and my friend and they gave us a 2 bed room so that was great, the breakfast is good. The bad point is that i saw some dust on the floor , but just that. The hostel is fair for what you pay.

• 8th Aug 2014

You have what you pay for: the hostel is quite cheap but a bit far from the centre. Nothing is planned for security of your stuff (lockers), shower cabins are very small. A nice place to sleep for a convenient price however.

Everything was fantastic :), perfect place, nice staff

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Spain

For what you pay it does the job. Mostly longtermers so don't expect a travellers' atmosphere. The first room I was given with supposedly 2 beds free was absolutely filthy. Was switched to another when I went back rather than coming to check. The 2nd building was quite old and worn. WiFi was great though. You had a set of drawers but no lockers.

Very nice location and very well-connected to the city centre. The building is a bit old but clean enough. I stayed for a couple of nights by myself in a 5-bed female dorm and really enjoyed it. There are no bunk beds but single beds, and each one has its own bedside table and wardrobe, both equipped with large drawers to store your things - I didn't expect to have so much room! Very good place for long-term stays, I guess.

• 27th Jun 2014

Good location in pleasant area near Belsize Park

We were for some reason bumped up from two beds in a 5-bed dorm to a double room with a toilet just around the corner. Just lucky I guess, but it was perfect for us. Everything was very clean, the staff and other guests were super friendly, showers were small but clean, and there was good pressure in them. Continental breakfast was included, and was totally okay with a few different options. For the price we paid we definitely got our money's worth and had a lovely stay!

Is not far from the center, but you have to take the subway or 40 min walking. The breakfast is poor and had a moldy bread. We eat there only the first day, then we decided to have a breakfast out. We had a bad situation there. At the check-in we had only euro, because we hadn't changed our money, so we said to the guy in the reception that we will pay later and he said "ok". The incovenient was that another day he sent the security to our bedroom at 9 am to charge us!

This was the worst hostel I have ever stayed in. Firstly, the main people that are staying there are there long term. The walls had mould and parts of the walls were rotten. The toilets didn't flush, and they were leaking. The whole place was very unclean. Awful. I had booked 7 nights but only stayed for 2, that's how bad it bad.

• 23rd Jun 2014

The shower is annoying have to keep pressing it to keep on The reception staff are lovely can't help you enough