Belsize House Reviews

40 Belsize Park Gardens, London, England

The shower is annoying have to keep pressing it to keep on The reception staff are lovely can't help you enough

If you want to feel at home - this is the place for you :) Тhere is everything you need and besides all this - the food is delicious! I enjoyed my stay there

The staff here was very kind and even gave me a single room when I had paid for a dorm. (I think it was just a weird booking thing, I didn't ask for the change.) The room came with two meals a day. The food wasn't the best but it was definitely decent. Best of all it had a great location. I was able to walk downtown. My room was simple, but it was secure and had a clean bed, which is all I really need. I'd stay here again.

It is simply the best hostel I've stayed in London. Feels very secure, great atmosphere, spacious and very clean. Has a good vibe of travel and adventure as well. Staff is nice acts professional. Best stay in London yet.

The other residents are generally longer term than backpackers, so its not a party hostel, but they were still very friendly. The rooms were much better than standard dorms, more spacious with proper wardrobes to put your stuff. It was great value to include 2 meals in with the price. The food is basic, but still good enough. I would recommend belsize house for working people who want a safe, clean place to stay on a budget.

This isn't really a hostel. I can't explain it, it has a very odd atmosphere. The rooms and bathrooms looked very old and they have that "old place" smell going on. There were very few travelers around, most of the people here looked like they lived here for a long time. Not the ideal place to meet people. But the staffs are friendly and it's probably the best bargain in London, considering that TWO meals are included.

This hostel is the best bargain in London.Its in a very good,quiet residential area and you will have a good night rest.Have been there before and now its much better,and whatever the management is doing,they are doing it right.The staff are very friendly and are always willing to help.You will not be disappointed

Staff speaks better Spanish than English, so sometimes the communication was difficult, but they were lovely and tried to understand. The breakfast is very basic, but it's totally ok for the prize, we have not tried dinner, because we did not want to go back at that time. The area, Belsize gardens is absolutely beautiful with typical London houses. for 12£ absolutely worth it, just don't expect too much!

There were no lockers in the room, but the hostel was clean and in a quiet location.

Staff were great, location was good as just a short stroll from tube, nice area. Highly recommend as it's a great price for London accommodation.

I would like to adivse that the meals on weekend could be as during the week, cause it´s so difficult to return to the hostel for tourists at noon for example.

We booked a room with 4 beds but once we arrived, they told us that we will be in 4 different rooms and that we had to share it with another unkown person. Besides, one of us got a room in the basement with no windows !! However, the hostel give free breakfast and dinner (simple but good) and the location is convenient (close to the tube and next to a night bus station).

• 21st Mar 2014